“Brilliant!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cronulla Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalamaki
Cronulla Hotel
You added Cronulla Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kalamaki, Kalamaki, Greece   |
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Kalamaki
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Castleford, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just got back from another 2 weeks at the Cronulla and it just gets better and better. Dia, Stelios, Roby, Jimmy & Suzanne continue to make you feel like "one of the family" and go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. Rooms are cleaned every other day and the pool is spotless with more than enough sunbeds for everyone. Breakfast and snacks during the day were great and whilst we didn't eat there on an evening, plenty did (both guests and non guests) and the food looked wonderful. Will definately be back next year, Can't wait

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the top floor, overlooking the pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
Surrey, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

With my family, I have stayed at numerous places across Greece and Spain. I am aware of what is available and what is reasonable value. I have been to Kalamaki 4 times now and up to this year, we have stayed at the Vanessa Hotel in Kalamaki (booked direct) due to the fact it has great family rooms for what was my younger kids. This said, its facilities are limited and we found ourselves using the pool and snack bar at the Cronulla just about every day. This year - for the first time we booked direct and stayed at the Cronulla and the kids had their own room.
The accommodation rooms are large and I am surprised they have not put 4 beds in some of these rooms for family options as they are plenty big enough but not so (2 + 1 beds). The beds and towels are charged every 2 days (far more than is necessary in my view) and the rooms are kept nice and clean by their staff. Don't bother with imagining their kitchen self catering facilities will be adequate to do anything more than heat a can of soup on the single portable hot-plate supplied (no bother for me - I don't go on holiday to struggle cooking!).
Their room price for peak season is 259 euros for 2 persons and includes several breakfast options incl a full English. A safe is 2 euro/day and air-con is 6 euro/day but both are discounted for a week or more - and the air-con is excellent.
The snack bar and pub bar are well staffed by very friendly people overseen by the family owners. Nice food, great prices for Kalamaki (2.5 Euro for a pint of Mythos).
The pool is probably the best in the Kalamaki resort - the water is clean and properly maintained, and the sun-beds/umbrellas are free (cushions for the sun beds are a 2 euro payable option).
In all my visits to the Greek islands, I have not found a better deal. Forget the all inclusive rubbish the holiday companies are currently pushing, get on a flight (search sky scanner for availability), and book direct with this place - you'll not regret it.
The beach is a 15 min walk - fabulous although their are restrictions on ramming your own umbrellas in to the sand due to turtle eggs being present.
Kalamaki has the perfect balance of restaurants and pubs for my family needs. If you're single and want to make a lot of noise and annoy other people, just don't stay in Kalamaki - go about 4 miles up the road to Laganas which is full of drunk teenagers on the pull and has clubs that provide the medium for their antics which are open all night.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a ground floor room as a hop over the balcony to reach the pool is great...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I did not stay here at the Cronulla this year but we used the facilities here often. The pool here is wonderful and kept very clean, there is also a lovely jacuzzi tub next to the pool. There were always sunbeds available and it had a lovely atmosphere. The bar was fantastic with friendly staff and The BEST full English breakfast you will find in Kalamaki. At €5 it is a little more expensive than some other cafes and eateries in Kalamaki but you get a really decent breakfast including sausage, bacon, egg, beans, mushrooms, tomato, hash brown, a really fresh bread roll with jam and butter, a fresh orange juice and a tea/coffee. The bar also did karaoke some evenings and served a wide range of cocktails. Next year my friend and I are hoping to book up at the Cronulla for a few weeks!

• Stayed August 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I don't normally give 5 star but this hotel deserves it. I would go there again, really nice hotel. I went there with my 2 kids and 2 elderly parents and everyone enjoyed it very much so I suppose it's a winner for everyone!

Room Tip: Second floor have the biggest rooms and balconys
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DUMFRIESSHIRE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Used this place everyday once we found it!! Cheapest bottle of Amstel on the strip @ 2 euros.Diet pepsi for the wee wife @ 1.5 euros,Happy Days!! Family run and made very welcome.Roby, ( Dias the owners daughter ) took us up and showed us what room and facilities we would have. Rooms were large, clean and well furnished. What sold it for us was the small kitchen area we had and had sadly missed in our own hotel.You can easily sit down to a lovely cup of tea when you want or have soup and a sandwich in the afternoon.What was also good to know was that even if we stayed b & b we could have a full breakfast up to 11.30am.If we didnt want full we could have a bacon roll.That was good on the ears.Our own Hotel where we stayed was a 9.30am finish for breakfast and it was much the same every morning.Pool was large and clean.Sunbeds were well spread out. I must finish with the artist outside.I have never seen someone produce so many lifelike drawings in my life.He charged 45 euros and it is money well spent! Trust me.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
North West
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Just returned today from a 7 day stay at this lovely hotel which is situated on the "strip", the main street in Kalamaki. Scrupulously clean throughout, the bedrooms are cleaned and sheets and towels changed every other day. The very friendly, helpful, English-speaking staff and owners make you feel like your holiday enjoyment is genuinely important to them. The hotel pool is the 2nd largest in Kalamaki ( according to the hotel brochure ), and there are plenty of sun-beds and parasols. Sun-bed mattresses can be hired for 2 euros.
The numerous restaurants close by offer reasonably priced, varied menus. The hotel also serves food from breakfast through 'til late and is more than happy to make meals not on the menu for you.
Thank you Cronulla and all your staff. One week was no-where near long enough. Can't wait to return to this lovely hotel and Kalamaki.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

After staying at the Two Brothers in Kalamaki and finding it so bad my boyfriend and I had to leave after 3 days, we went on a hunt for a hotel to stay. (we have stayed at Dennys Inn previously which is a fab hotel, but the price was a bit expensive for us this year) and we came across Cronulla. A life saver!

We were greeted by a friendly lady who helped us sort out our situation and when showing us to out room me and my boyfriend couldnt be more happier. The room the SO spacious I couldn't believe it. The bathroom but modern, clean and airy just like the bedroom.

The room was cleaned and we recieved clean towels and toilet roll every other day and felt safe enough not to buy a safe. The wardrobe was huf=ge with loads of hangers, the balcony was spacious, the dressing room table was great with a large mirror and the room even had a place to store your suitcase in the room.

Aircon was 5 euros a day which is the standard price for hotel/studio accom in greece.

The furnishings were obviously thought through and it was all very smart...wooden furtinure and the bed had a leather head board (ooh haha)

There was a kitchenette which suplied plenty of cuttlery, pots, pans etc etc and also had a kettle, kitchen sink and 2 hobs :)

The swimming pool was large, spacious and you could always find a sunbed without any problem.

The hotel is on the main strip of kalamaki which was great and even from your room you couldn't hear the noise not that that would have bothered a young couple like us. The beach is about a 5/10 min walk and sunbeds in the high season are 7euro for the whole day :)

Without a doubt my boyfriend and I would return to Cronulla; friendly, splotlessly clean, great location and good money :)

Also: I urge you to get up early one day on ya hols and go see the sunrise at Bhocoli (sorry im unsure how you spell it!) in Zante Town...you would have to get a quad/car/moped as its up a hill but its vrathtaking watching the sunrise with the whole view of zante town :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cronulla Hotel? Share your experiences!