“Perfect!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa de Las Flores

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tlaquepaque
Casa de Las Flores
Santos Degollado #175, Tlaquepaque 45500, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Tlaquepaque B&B and Inns
Bellevue, Washington
“Perfect!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

There's nothing mor I can say that hasn't already been said. We loved our 8 day Christmas holiday here. Gathering around the fire in the evening with Stan, Jose , and other guests awaiting Stan's dessert of the day, his homemade breakfasts, the kindness of all the staff and getting to participate in the Christmas Eve Posada, the beautiful garden in a quiet neighborhood melded together to make this q holiday to remember.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The host treats you like royalty, nice place, good food, nice other guests, what else is there ???
My only caution it is a nice walk in to town (4 blocks) on Mexican sidewalks not well maintained. They serve drinks at hotel so you can avoid walk at night and a complimentary 8:30 dessert

Room Tip: All seem great
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Flat Rock, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This fabulous B&B is the place I go each year with our "girls" group from La Manzanilla, Jalisco. This year, for the first time, my friend and I took our husbands for two wonderful nights here. The attention to detail is unbelievable. You will not find a speck of dust anywhere. The beds and pillows are super comfortable, rooms spacious and beautifully decorated with many objects of art.

Stan's breakfasts are memorable. You will want his recipe for whatever you are enjoying that morning. We had serious car trouble on the way to Tlaquepaque and had to leave our car in Colima to be repaired. Ended up taking the ETN bus (best one, by the way) the rest of our journey to Tlaquepaque. Stan and Jose were extremely helpful in translating for us with the car dealership in Colima.

There is nothing the staff could have done to make our stay more perfect.

Room Tip: We usually ask the for deluxe room on the first floor. Such a pretty view outside the window and ve...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Manzanillo, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

If you want a great place to stay in Guadalajara, two blocks from the great shopping and restaurants in Telapapaque, then this is your place. The hosts serve a fabulous hot breakfast one day and a good cold one the next. The place is filled with art - perhaps overstuffed. They have a driver at your disposal who knows all the best places to take you to get local art at Tonila and elsewhere. It is a 50 peso cab ride to the central historical. You will really enjoy your stay. Almost all guests have been there many times. I am even running into people I met on previous trips.

Saludos

Room Tip: No pool or fitness center. Choose a room on the ground floor only because the birds are noisier in...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We made an excellent choice in selecting Casa de las Flores for our visit to Guadalajara. It is a short 3 block walk to the best part of Tlaquepaque (which is the jewel of Guadalajara) where the streets are loaded with authentic artisan shops and great restaurants - full of character and color. Casa de las Flores felt like a part of the magic of this special area. It is a boutique B&B and is a feast for the eyes. The owners were very kind, knowledgeable and helpful and easy to be with. We felt very comfortable and at home there. The house and its courtyard and gardens are full of the artistic treasures that can be found in Tlaquepaque. The food is creatively and thoughtfully prepared. It was well worth the money and we will certainly be returning for more visits in the near future. A spot in my heart for this place and the owners!

Room Tip: We want to try a different room each time!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

One of the funds things to do at this B & B is to sit in the garden watching hummingbirds and the new guests. The hummingbirds because there are so many, the new guests because it is obvious that they are gobsmacked with the treasure that unfolds behind the front door. We have been coming for years because we think this is a jewel and while sometimes one wants to keep a jewel to oneself, seeing new guests always reminds us of our gratitude that others shared when we were looking. Breakfast is always a treat and as if that isn't enough, there is always a dessert served between 8:30 and 10:30 pm. It's not just a cookie and a cup of tea - we are talking home made chocolate cake, or a parfait, or ...... the list goes on. You won't be disappointed with this jewel - it's the real thing!

Room Tip: There is one room that can accommodate small dogs and we stay there - just lovely and there is no se...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hamden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I left the States early on the morning of November 11th from Bradley International Airport on an United Airlines flight arriving in Guadalajara at 1:19 PM CST. Oh well… my luggage didn’t make the flight…. I’m getting accustomed to dealing with this minor problem, as this was the 3rd baggage incident within a two week period. Go figure! OK… completed the lost bags paperwork….cleared customs (thank God!), hit the ATM machine…. popped into a cab …for my 15 minute ride to Casa de las Flores (www.casadelasflores.com) or as I affectionately refer to this magic oasis “Stan and Jose’s House,” located in the artist suburb of Tlaquepaque. Traditional adobe construction was used to build Casa de las Flores, add to that a touch of Stan’s artistic flare and Jose’s magic green thumb and you can experience a bit of paradise.

Oooops… it’s almost 3:30pm when the cab pulls up in front of Casa de las Flores… ‘well everyone knows… this is the time of day Stan is well into his daily siesta. That’s OK… Jose greeted me with open arms and a great big hug! We sat in the mist of his magnificent gardens and slipped a fine glass of wine and chatted for an hour or so….just catching up. Once settled in… I was off to explore this wonderful old colonial town yet again and grab a bit to eat.

It doesn’t seem to matter where you are in Mexico… the sound of the roosters in the early morning serve as a common alarm clock. I wish they would start about an hour later or I could reach the snooze button!

This particular morning Stan has created an incredible egg soufflé with a splash of salsa, freshly squeezed juice and a good cup of coffee. Mmm….. he really spoils us!

Stan has arranged for me to spend the day visiting several of the folk artist in the adjacent suburb of Tonala and explore the surrounding neighborhoods. My objective was to get a “feel” for the social-economic and lifestyle in the area and meet as many people as possible. Stan arranged for Luis to show me around.

I spent the day like a large sponge seeking and absorbing all I was seeing, smelling, touching and learning so much from my new Amigos. Today our focused was on Folk Art pottery.
Various traditional techniques are being used to create simply magnificent art objects sort by collectors throughout the world. Folk Art in this community is a way of life for the entire family. In most instances for several generations, as is the case with Jimon Brunido and Salvador Vazquez Carmona. To steel a comment made by Stan, “it’s amazing how these impoverished people can see and create such beautiful things.”

Stan was the perfect host and incredible chef….I just love this guy! Perfect breakfast enjoyed in the mist of a great selection of classical music. For more than a decade, Stan and Jose have supported the efforts of Project Amigo (www.projectamigo.org) by opening their hearts and souls taking the best care of all the volunteers who pass through their door year after year.

Casa de Las Flores is a very special place. I usually travel alone, I have always felt safe, welcomed in a friendly comfortable environment at an affordable price. I always book well ahead of time to insure there is room at the inn!

Room Tip: Room #2 is my favorite. There is a magnificent sky light which extends 2 stories in the oversized sh...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Casa de Las Flores? Share your experiences!