A hidden gem in more than one sense of the phrase. If you hadn’t taken the time to look at the hotel on the internet, you may well have driven past. No hotel name sign on the building, no direction signs off the motorway. The only clue that this was a hotel was a flag fluttering on the corner flag pole close to the marina wharf. But once happy that we had found our hotel, the reception was warm and unpretentious.
The hotel in decorated in a pleasant mix of northern African rustic and modern European chic. Described as a boutique hotel; this would be accurate, and honest. The room was slightly smaller than we expected, but it was very clean, and decorated in a homely style that made a very pleasant change from a lot of modern hotels.
The free Wi-Fi access was very fast, reliable, and a nice touch. Room service was unbelievably quick, and felt like the hotel was run like a family business. Some of the friendliest hotel staff I have ever come across.
The views of Sotogrande Marina from both the bedroom, and first floor restaurant balcony were stunning; even the Rock of Gibraltar was clearly visible.
We only stayed two nights, but would definitely go back, maybe even again this month. If there was one fault, it would be the price; not exactly value for money, and the buffet breakfast was a little disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the shores of the Mediterranean Sea and in south of Europe, in Andalusia, our hotel offers you the opportunity not only to enjoy the good weather but also to practise golf and sailing The climate and the geographical features in the area are ideal for these activities. In addition, at the Hotel Club Maritimo de Sotogrande we offer our clients a personalized and exclusive treatment according to their preferences giving them the chance to enjoy customized holidays.The Hotel Club Maritimo de Sotogrande, located next to the Marina, is situated in the vicinity of the best golf courses in the area, close to Marbella and Gibraltar, best golf courses in the area, close to Marbella and Gibraltar,and only 45 minutes away from the international airport of Malaga.At Hotel Club Maritimo de Sotogrande we offer our clients a refined and comfortable decor with a modern and sophisticated style, created recently by the prestigious interior designer Pascua Ortega. A peaceful and intimate atmosphere, exclusively for our guests. In this atmosphere, we have made an effort to offer you contemporary (31 double-rooms, 8 suites and 2 penthouse suites) where the decor, equipment and the excellent personalised service create an absolutely luxurious welcome. Furthermore, all of our rooms have a a unique hallmark of distinction: the sea views.On the other hand, we pay special attention to detail for you to enjoy a relaxing and comfortable stay in one of the most prestigious areas in Europe. A dream come true. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Splendia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Club Maritimo de Sotogrande reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Maritimo De Sotogrande Hotel Sotogrande
- Hotel Maritimo De Sotogrande