I have stayed in many hotels around the world; some five star and some offering very pleasant Bed and Breakfast accommodation. However, until now, I have never stayed in a hotel that is practically perfect in every respect.
The Club Maritimo de Sotogrande was faultless. From the on-line booking to departure, I couldn’t fault any aspect of the hotel. Check in was seamless, the room was just as described and depicted on the web page (quite unusual in my experience). All the staff, without exception were superb; attentive and friendly but not intrusive.
Room (222) was very clean and spacious, stylish and tasteful, with superb views across the harbour and out to sea towards Gibraltar. The bed was very restful offering just the correct amount of support. Lighting in the room was very well designed with dimmer facilities on the main room lights. Sofas were comfortable and well placed for viewing the stunning vistas. A superb collection of books were available in the room. Books you actually wanted to read! The satellite Tv worked very well, with a good quality picture, and had a good choice of channels. The spotless bathroom offered a spacious, powerful, shower; something essential to me.
The restaurant was another faultless experience. I’m vegetarian and the chef (obviously very well trained) produced an amazing evening meal at very short (5 minutes) notice. All 5 courses were freshly prepared and well presented. Dessert was just sublime; a home made chocolate pudding. I was sure that a mistake had been made with the bill as it was incredibly reasonable.
Parking near the hotel is easy with parking spaces around the perimeter of the hotel. There are a number of very interesting shops within the marina complex. The hotel also offers electric bicycle hire for sight seeing. I suspect the hotel could be very busy during high season.
Overall, I can’t fault this hotel for its accommodation, staff, food or location. I hope you have such satisfaction from their services. I have to assure you that I have no connection to the hotel or any of its staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the shores of the Mediterranean Sea and in south of Europe, in Andalusia, our hotel offers you the opportunity not only to enjoy the good weather but also to practise golf and sailing The climate and the geographical features in the area are ideal for these activities. In addition, at the Hotel Club Maritimo de Sotogrande we offer our clients a personalized and exclusive treatment according to their preferences giving them the chance to enjoy customized holidays.The Hotel Club Maritimo de Sotogrande, located next to the Marina, is situated in the vicinity of the best golf courses in the area, close to Marbella and Gibraltar, best golf courses in the area, close to Marbella and Gibraltar,and only 45 minutes away from the international airport of Malaga.At Hotel Club Maritimo de Sotogrande we offer our clients a refined and comfortable decor with a modern and sophisticated style, created recently by the prestigious interior designer Pascua Ortega. A peaceful and intimate atmosphere, exclusively for our guests. In this atmosphere, we have made an effort to offer you contemporary (31 double-rooms, 8 suites and 2 penthouse suites) where the decor, equipment and the excellent personalised service create an absolutely luxurious welcome. Furthermore, all of our rooms have a a unique hallmark of distinction: the sea views.On the other hand, we pay special attention to detail for you to enjoy a relaxing and comfortable stay in one of the most prestigious areas in Europe. A dream come true. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Splendia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Club Maritimo de Sotogrande reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Maritimo De Sotogrande Hotel Sotogrande
- Hotel Maritimo De Sotogrande