Having read the reviews on this website from people who wished they were staying here for more than one night, we decided to stay for a week...and it was the right decision! We fell into the happy daily routine of a lie-in, a run (lots of off-road country tracks nearby) followed by a huge delicious breakfast (served until 11am!), a potter around a local village or town, then back to the suntrap of a hotel pool complete with an honesty bar and ice creams. We had dinner at the hotel most nights, which started with drinks on the lawn at 8pm (I am missing the sparkling rose) and then 4 candle-lit courses in the dining room. Kind and attentive staff, knowledgeable and relaxed owners combined with oil paintings, wonky floorboards, high ceilings, creeping wisteria and gorgeous decor throughout the chateau tops it all off. Glitzy international hotel chain this ain’t, but classy, authentic and friendly place to stay it is.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Saint Paterne Hotel Saint-Paterne
- Chateau De Saint Paterne Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Château de Saint Paterne, 3 star hotel, 2km from Alençon, between Loire and Normandy, great stop-over place from Calais to L’île de Ré, Dordogne, Bordeaux, Brittany.and mont saint michel : Luxury hotel, chateau hotel, boutique hotel and private chateau, a special place to stay.Combining comfort and elegance, the luxury chateau de Saint Paterne will also give you the charm of a private chateau ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, MrandMrsSmith and Otel so you can book your Chateau de Saint Paterne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.