“avoid! ” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Passau, Germany
“avoid! ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

It is not the cheapest shop, they charged extra fees which did not appear on price list and he got pretty aggressive when we tried to explain him that this is unfair.

At the beginning he also told us he can give us a better price for the dives as we were a group of 4 - at the end he did not. All he did is giving us a discount because of a screwed dive.

On one day we went out to see hammer head on the first dive and tresher sharks and may some mantas on the second. The day before we came by 2 times because we wanted to make sure that both dives are possible at once (which means if there is a possibility to see anything). Of
course we have been diving for 15 years was the answer and that we can change the time if we knew it better... At the end we said ok let's give it a try. The day after we showed up at 4 am as we were told, on time because of the well explored 15-years-diving-experience. After 15 minutes one other diver showed us and told us that he was told to show up at 4:15 am. After 45 more minutes we got on board kept asking the new dive guide (because ours did not show up) if we should just cancel the dive and do it tomorrow. Everything ok - well in time was the answer. At the end we saw nothing -
well you never know but if you get told
about the perfect timetable and at the end one hour later should also be good, ja what should I say...

As we complained about the price Dan got aggressive, raised his voice and even threatened us to call the immigration. They put you in prison for 6 months, was his threat. All we wanted is a better price because of all the mistakes they made. We got 500 Pesos (125 Pesos each). There was just no way to discuss anything, we tried to talk as grown ups but ended up walking away disappointed - and he got what he wanted - our money for a service you should usually don't spend it.

Also the gear is absolutely not good. The Equipment is loosing air basically everywhere. The Finimeter is going up and down every time you breath. But all the guides say - that's just a little bit, everything is fine.

I usually hate living bad reviews, but I got so upset after all that, I had to do this.

So look around and avoid this place. You will find better and cheaper once.

Fredericia, Denmark
14 attraction reviews
“Average!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

After being told this was the cheapest diveshop on the island, me and my girlfriend went for the morning thresher shark dive with Dan's. Despite some really old and not fitting equipment, we got to see 4 sharks, which was the main purpose - except for surviving of course! Days later we sopped around for 2 dives to Gato island, and it turn out that Fun & Sun dive, was able to do the to dives cheaper than Dan - and when we decided to do one more thresher shark dive, we also got this cheaper at Fun & Sun - then what we paid at Dan's.... And the equipment was brand new here, compared... So shop around - specially if you are doing more dives...

Cebu City, Philippines
“Cheapest Dive Shop!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

After going around the island looking for the cheapest shop, I found Dan's. Good diving, no problems with the equipment. Dive master Khen was fun and accommodating. If you want the cheapest come here, it is not located in the beach front though. Good for local divers who want affordable rates.

Battambang, Cambodia
22 attraction reviews
“Okay valued dives, but old equipment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We dive with Dan's to see the tresher sharks in the morning, and despite that Dan seemed a little too relaxed & demented, we had a great cheap dive with one of his divemasters. The equipment was a bit old and worned, and that concerned me a little, but everything turned out fine in the end. Dan claims that he's the cheapest diveshop at Malapasqua, but Fun & sun in the end of the Beach is actually cheaper and has better equipment, plus some excellent divemasters.

Exmouth, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable,cheap diving away from the crowds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I am so glad me and my girlfriend decided to dive with Dan. Dan was not diving due to some health problems, but we spent some time with him - a very cool, and relaxed guy. We came back many times to use his internet and copy movies as well.

The divemaster and assistants did all the work for us on the morning of the dive. Me and my girlfriend had the whole boat for ourselves,and there was like 4 people to assist with the equipment,driving the boat and guiding our dive. IT was very relaxed, and I was so happy when I saw the dive boats from the expensive companies with like 30 people on them. We were 2 people with the same size boat. Our dive guide was very cool, and showed us all the things we wanted to see - Tresher sharks, MAndarin fish and pygmè seahorses. It was the best value diving we ever did.
The diving equipment is like from the 80`s, but it worked as it should, and if not we would just ask for a replacement. This place is less than half price compared to other dive centres (1000 pesos) and undoubtedly the cheapest on the island,so you obviously have to be flexible with your expectations.
I would love to come back and dive with Dan`s team again.

Visited December 2013