“Dive Master course with Toto” 5 of 5 stars

+63 917 303 8065
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea Explorers are based on Malapascua more than 14 years. Our dive guides and instructors are all from the island and have most experience. We know that we can provide you with the best and most professional service you can find on Malapascua. Please come to Malapascua and become a Sea Explorer yourself... And don't forget, Dive with a Smile :-)
Yonatan, Israel
“Dive Master course with Toto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

How would I describe the experience? One of professionalism and patience from the entire staff. Toto was a solid, attentive, instructor. The boat crew constantly went out of their way to be helpful and worked as a close knit team. Dive Masters are there for you. Dino's skills as captain were amazing, mind boggling, just incredibly talented. (both captain's were great).
The logistics staff, hotel staff, and restaurant staff were always caring and friendly. I was given the opportunity to share a piece of their culture, their daily lives.
Tata, Ting, and Tong the guitarists. We sang, they sang and played almost nightly. I haven't sung like that in 20 years. I don't know what was better the beautiful island and learning to be a decent diver, or the social experiences.
There is not a dive shop like this on the island. You will have a journey much more encompassing than that of a good dive vacation or PADI training. Cannot praise and thank the team at Sea Explorers Malapascua enough. Avi

Visited August 2011

Amsterdam
“Excellent diving and fun staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I stayed at the hotel next to the dive shop and accomplished my Open water and 3 adventure dives at Sea Explorers.

The dive shop is well kept. The staff is really friendly, helpfull and love their job (at least that was the impression I got). The fact they really to seem to enjoy what they're doing makes it a even better experience. For me it was important that it felt really safe and it did

Diving in Malapascua is also really worthwhile. We saw lots of stunning corals, fish ans sharks. Enjoy!

ps: the bar is also a lot of fun. They have a great happy hour and the staff belonging to the bar and restaurant are happy people who'll have a laugh with you where they can. Go Sea explorers!

Visited February 2012
Singapore, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
“Face to face with Thresher sharks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Through Sea Explorers we booked accommodation, dive trips and transfer from Cebu airport to Malapascua. From the moment we left Cebu airport everything was perfect. Transfer was perfect and accommodation in "Ocean Vida beach and dive resort" was great. Nice, modern clean rooms located almost on the beach, friendly staff and Sea Explorers dive-shop in the same resort made this dive trip perfect. Sea Explorers own good diving gear and dive masters are knowledgeable and try to show most interesting things to their customers. They own boats well adopted boats for divers and their equipment what makes every preparation for dive easy operation. I would recommend that divers are nitrox certified (you can do nitrox course on the spot with Sea Explorers) because dive sites have very rich and have diverse aquatic life and you really want to stay longer to enjoy watching Thresher sharks and take loads of photos. Malapascua is definitely one of the best places for diving I visited so far!

Visited January 2012
Gavle, Sweden
22 attraction reviews
“Top of the line dive shop in Malapascua”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I had really high expectations for the diving in Malapascua. Everyone who have been diving there knows why :) Sadly we had a bad experience with another dive shop (Evolution Divers) on the first day of diving. Since we only were going to stay for a couple of days I really had to fin another dive center really fast. We went out for dinner in the afternoon when most dive shops were closed, but found Minos outside Sea Explorer. Even though the dive shop actually were closed Minos contacted the owner to try to arrange the 5 am dive for me to Monad Shoal the next morning. So we tried out the equipment with him right on spot, even though he was off work. Sea Explorers has the best possible rental equipment with plenty of items in different sizes so theres no risk you have to go with gear not fitting you properly.
And I'm so glad I was able to go for that dive because it was one of the best dives ever. Lots of Thresher Sharks and so close! It was so amazing I had to go the next day as well.
I did most of my dives with Vic and Beds which both are fantastic dive masters with a great potion of humor as well :)
Another positive thing is that Sea Explorers do not go out with bigger groups than maximum 4 divers to a dive master. Many times we were only 2-3 divers. This is particularly good for the Thresher Sharks in Monad Shoal because the big amount of divers seems to scare the sharks away.
I think also Sea Explorers is the biggest dive shop on Malapasqua and offer plenty of dive sites to choose from each day. Their boats are really good for diving, big and in great condition.
Nothing else to say than just fantastic diving with Sea Explorers! Will definitely go with them again next time in Malapascua.

Visited February 2012