diving in malapascua are pretty standard, initially we are suppose to dive with exotic but they are fully booked, but glad we found purple snapper.
it was not overcrowded, all divers would love a non busy dive resort so we will have all the time in the underwater world to see.
For the rooms, we choose the backpackers deluxe, pretty worried cos its new and no photos available anyway, but it turns out pretty okie as compared to the backpackers dorm. alittle more spacious. but the shard bathroom are the ultimate turn off. well, you pay peanuts you get moneys, lucky we are the only one staying, so no over-crowded for bathroom usage.
the dive packages are pretty attractive p1000 per dive if you booked 10, we log about 18dives.
we are lucky enough, almost all the monad shoal dives are confirmed thresher sharks sighting.
Gears are very new and well maintained.
small room, hut to be exact, bed are very hard, fan not strong enough, keep door closes to prevent mossies. you dont really stay in the room, so its still okie.
love the pool, though is very small. but 2.5m deep.
the burger is good, the breaky is inclusive, i ate the same breaky for 6 days. so you do the judgement. i must say the food is rather expensice, work alittle further to try the local food, my fav is ging ging of cos! :)
The DMs and staffs. It’s absolutely okie if you are going alone to dive, why I say so? Cos everyone is so friendly, it feels like home.
Thumbs up for Tony and Geoff, my fav bois! :)
- Also Known As:
- Purple Snapper Dive Hotel
- Purple Snapper Dive Hotel Malapascua Island
- Purple Snapper Dive Resort Malapascua Island, Cebu Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Purple Snapper Dive Resort is emerging as one of the best places to stay in Malapascua. Located 100 meters from Bounty Beach, Malapascua’s primary shore, Purple Snapper Dive Resort offers travelers a good taste of local life and culture while in close proximity to the beach. Being one of Philippines’ top diving destination the resort is a good choice for those hit by the diving bug. We are never too far from many of Malapascua’s dive operators better yet, check out our newly opened dive shop. Stay with us and only be a dive away from seeing Malapascua’s majestic attraction-the thresher sharks. Pick any of our 25 native style rooms and be treated with true Filipino hospitality. Mabuhi! Welcome to paradise! Wecome to Malapascua! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Purple Snapper Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.