“Brilliant Dive Centre - Excellent Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Center, located on Malapascua Island in the Philippines. Offering daily thresher shark dives, mantas, hammerheads, reefs and wrecks, macro and muck diving, mating mandarin fish, seahorses, frogfish and much more. Small groups with experienced Divemasters and Instructors. TSD offers all the local dives sites, a full range of PADI courses from beginner to Instructor, dive internships and technical diving. British owned and run, professional and safe, with 8 years experience on Malapascua,
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Kirkwall, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Brilliant Dive Centre - Excellent Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

From the minute we stepped off the boat to the minute we left we felt part of the TSD 'family'. We were warmly greeted by Candice who is a lovely person and will try to help you in any way she can. She went through a thorough briefing with us explaining the way the dive centre ran, what their safety procedures on dives were etc. We were then introduced to any staff who were around and also the staff of Oscars. We asked for a local dive guide and we got Beds and Tata throughout our stay. Both were excellent dive guides - they always found us plenty of things to see .Although TSD is a big and busy operation we never once felt there were too many people on the boat or in our dive group. The most we ever had in our dive group was 6 (and they had 2 DM's for that dive) but mostly the max was 4.
Safety was clearly important to TSD and I never felt risks were being taken or bad advice was been given.
Dive briefings were good and we always got them on shore before we got on the boat as most dive sites were a short boat trip away and most of the time was spent making sure you were organised for your dive. On the boat you could set up your own kit or they would do it for you if you wanted.
Between dives or in the evenings Oscars was the place to meet other divers and other staff members and we met a lot of really nice and interesting people.
We would recommend TSD to anyone and would like to say a massive thank you to Candice, Beds, Tata, Angus, Amy, Riza, Princess and everyone else who I have forgotten to mention.

Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
3 attraction reviews
“Great Dive Centre, great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I spent almost a week on Malapascua to go diving. I am not a very experienced diver, but in the capable hands of the TSD team, I had an absolutely amazing time. The facilities are great, the equipment too, but most of all the staff is truly amazing. My diving instructor (Xesus) was both very dedicated, professional and really a good laugh too! The deep dive to see the Thresher Sharks is amazing, but the cave dive where I spent 20 minutes watching White Tip Reef Sharks circling right in front of me, was extremely impressive as well. I recommend the TSD to anyone and everyone.

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“A Highly Professional Dive Centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We spent 4 days diving with TSD, from the first email contact through to the last dive I was very impressed with their sheer professionalism.
All the diving was carried out in small groups with knowledgable, competent and safety conscious local DIve Masters.
Nice people, great diving!

Visited January 2014
Bellingham, Washington
19 attraction reviews
“Very organized, but friendly and personalized service...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We recently spent 9 days on Malapascua Island, diving with TSD. In spite of the recent hurricane, the shop and staff seem to have recovered nicely and do a fine job of providing dive services to visitors. We enjoyed meeting Candace, Jason, Amy, Beds, Tata, Rika, Chris, Nicki, and all the other folks who make things work...thank you for all your help. The diving and vacation were lovely, and every detail, transfers, lodging, etc, was taken care of perfectly. I would highly recommend TSD to other divers traveling to the Philippines!

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Seamless from landing in Cebu to leaving Cebu (with great diving and people in-between)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I booked thru SeaQuest and they were very good - all the connections worked really well from pick up to drop off at Cebu airport. They also arranged all the accommodation etc . It was all I could do to stop them from arranging my flights , I suspect they may even have carried my bags had I asked ! . As for Thresher Shark Divers (TSD) it's difficult to know where to start - so lets start with the main attraction - the sharks are simply awesome. I did 4 morning dives and each one got better. TSD themselves are exceptionally well run - there's a really good mix of local and international dives guides , the guidance the dive briefs are good and the deck hands and support all equally impressive. My accommodation at Slams was good though their breakfasts didn't look as good as the ones at Oscars - in fact none of the food anywhere looked as good as the food at Oscars . In short the food at Oscars is amazing ...I can't quite believe I am writing a review of a dive centre and talking about food.

Now to the people ......I was greeted by Candace , Customer Relations - a very warm, friendly and helpful lady . All the girls at the bar/restuarant are amazing , its obvious they're well looked after by TSD . The dive guides (I had Tata for most of my dives) are excellent and then there's Dino who runs the place and basks (no pun intended) in the warm glow of a well oiled and run operation. The bar is busy every night with TSD divers but also others . I also have to mention a certain Stephen Tapley - who currently resides on the island and is the 'resident customer' at TSD - Stephen welcomes all the newbies and then regales everyone with stories from Antartica thru South America , to China , Siberia and Japan.
All in all - an excellent excellent experience . My only regret is that I couldn't do more of the day trips

Visited February 2014