After quick search on internet found the Tepanee resort web page
after reading trough rang and booked accommodation and paid
deposit as asked for .
First t impression was good due to receptionist named Julie,
Very helpful and l informative, with a welcome big smile which was nice to see.
Room was ok hot cold water problem is when taking a shower if toilet is flushed
then the shower stops working for 3 mins due to water pressure ...Bed is not comfy
also dye to it being such a small resort tit dose not have it.s own Restaurant but has done a deal with owner of small place next door ...
Worst thing about this resort is at night due to location its close to other resorts and they play very loud music till 1 or 2am .
If your looking for choice of food the there are plenty to chose from along the main beach all with in 10 mins walk from hotel...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malapascua is a gem of an island where our dream came true. Ours is an intimate, friendly resort that will give you a holiday to remember. Tepanee stands on a small hill that rises up from Logon beach and our territory goes down to our own private sandy beach, from where it's possible to admire breathtaking sunsets in an area secluded from the rest of the island and where we placed beach umbrellas, sunbeds, a gazebo for massages and our lovely Chiringuito at Sunset Beach Bar & Restaurant. Historically, the concept for our resort followed a philosophy of low environment impact. Most of the building materials are natural and local: wood, bamboo and stones used for the main structures, roofs made of a typical straw named kogon. The buildings are almost invisible from the ocean, even if many are built right on the seaside. The name TEPANEE comes from the Polinesyan name of frangipani: a tropical tree that produces the flowers printed in these pages. Many tepanees grow on our small hill, flowering in different colours: during the blooming season their fragrance diffuses in the air. Opened on December 8, 2008, Tepanee in the beginning was consisted of 6 independent double cottages and one building of two storeyes with 4 triple rooms. We have grown, and can now offer you: 3 Deluxe Aircon Cottage: superb ocean view (perhaps the best in Malapascua); independent buildings with aircon, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom, hot shower, minibar, safety box, 24h electricity, balcony with sofa, daily cleaning, double bed with option for one or two extra single beds. 8 Aircon Cottages: independent buildings with aircon, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom, hot shower, minibar, safety box, 24h electricity, balcony with sofa, daily cleaning, double bed with option for one extra single bed. 4 Aircon Rooms: 3 rooms are double and 1 room has two single beds; private entrance, aircon, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom, hot shower, minibar, safety box, 24h electricity, balcony with sofa, daily cleaning, double bed with option for one extra single bed. 4 Fan Cottages: with an amazing ocean view; independent buildings with ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom, 24h electricity, balcony with sofa, daily cleaning, double bed with option for one extra single bed; no aircon, shower at room temperature. We provide for the wifi in the public areas (beach, bar, restaurant) and in some of the rooms and cottages. Please, note that we are in a remote island and the service sometime may be slow or discontinuous. Since December 2012, you can eat and drink right next to our private beach, at the Chiringuito at Sunset Beach Bar & Restaurant, where we serve breakfast and lunch, snacks, drinks and natural fruit juices, cocktails, with soft background music in the background. In May 2013, we opened our new Amihan Bar & Restaurant, in a panoramic position on the hill at the new entrance of Tepanee: we are serving the amazing Mediterranean cuisine as well as some other dish and beyond that Amihan had already become renowned for. Some practical information We accept credit cards payments: Visa, Mastercard, American Express and JCB (bank transaction charges apply). We also accept cash payments in Pesos, Euros and US Dollars. Malapascua does not have any normal bank, ATMs, official exchange bureaus nor post offices. Therefore it's not possible to get hold of cash and the nearest bank is in Bogo, a town that is about one hour by bus from Maya pier (that is about half an hour by boat from Malapascua). We recommend that you arrive in Malapascua with enough Pesos, the local money, for your stay here. The nearest airport is the Mactan Cebu International Airport of Cebu City (IATA code: CEB). From the airport there are about 140 kms of paved road (all totally cleared since Typhoon Yolanda) to get to the port of Maya, in the far north of the island of Cebu. Maya is 8 kms far from Malapascua by sea. Tepanee organizes transfers at any time by private van and boat, reducing the travel time to about 3 and a half hours in all: our boats arrive and depart from our private beach, located inside the Tepanee Beach Resort area. There is a bus service and public ferries that allow, in about 5 and a half hours, to go from Cebu City to Malapascua. The bus service runs 24/7 and some buses have air conditioning: there is no official timetable, but the rides are frequent. The ferries operate from Maya to Malapascua from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and from Malapascua to Maya from 6:30 AM to 2:00 PM. Departures are every 30 minutes, but only if the minimum number of passengers is reached. The people of Malapascua are very kind and friendly. Their ability to smile through the losses they have suffered in the typhoon is nothing short of amazing, and inspiring. The islanders do have customs and traditions that can be different from ours. To show proper respect for them, please don't go around the villages just wearing only a bathing suit: please wear at least shorts and a T-shirt. Furthermore, topless bathing and nudism are forbidden even on beaches, even though no one is likely to complain to you. Tepanee Beach Resort is located in a non-flat area: from the reception to the rooms and the beach on the back there are stairs to go up and down. The steps are wide and low, but they do exist: please be aware of this when choosing our hotel for your stay. We do not offer the beach towels service, as we are trying to conserve natural resources: the fresh water on the island comes from a limited sub-soil water table, and the laundering of beach towels every day would contribute to unsustainable levels of water consumption. We do not provide hair-dryers. We do not have tv in the rooms. Check-in is possible from 2:00 PM. Check-out must be completed by 12:00 noon. Reception is open from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tepanee Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tepanee Beach Hotel Malapascua Island
- Tepanee Beach Resort Malapascua Island, Cebu Island