Having just returned from exotic dive resort I can honestly say in 19 years of diving and travelling to most of the top dive spots around the world Malapascua and the exotic resort has to have been the best yet! The diving day starts early but is well worth it as every time on monad shoal we have up to 4 threshers around us, some very very close. After the early dive there's the option to do up to another 3 dives on the local sites which all have some of the best macro diving you'll ever see.
The rooms at the resort are good clean and comfortable and the menu in the restaurant had to be seen to be believed! The amount of choice. Even the most fussiest eater would be hard pushed not to find something.
During my stay we were hit by typhoon Haiyan and can only reiterate what others have said about the staff and locals of the island being fantastic.
For anyone thinking that after the typhoon they might change their plans to travel to Malapascua please don't. In the 3 days we were on the island exotic staff could not do enough during and after to make our stay as safe and comfortable as possible. The grounds of the hotel were being cleared as quick as they could and the staff were all busy getting the rooms and buildings looking back to their best, all with a big smile on their faces :) On my last morning a dive boat left for monad shoal and returned just before I left the island and the best news was that the thresher sharks were still there.
Thanks all at exotic dive resort I really can't wait to come back and see you all :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are thinking of diving or staying in Malapascua consider us your first choice. We have everything you need for a relaxing, exciting, enjoyable stay with first class facilities and service.Exotic is the pioneer dive resort on Malapascua. The first dive shop to open on the island in 1998, Exotic has grown over the years and is now the leading dive resort on the island, without compromising its original laid-back charm and outstanding service. Our continued expansion is a result of our customer’s loyalty and desire to revisit and share their Exotic experience with others. Why not come and see what brings people back to us year after year? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Malapascua Exotic Island Dive & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malapascua Exotic Island Dive & Beach Hotel Malapascua Island
- Malapascua Exotic Island Dive And Beach Resort
- Malapascua Exotic Island Dive & Beach Resort Malapascua Island, Cebu Island