My husband and I stayed at the Garden of Eden January 13-16 and had a fantastic time. Helena was the most gracious hostess who made sure that we had everything we wanted and more. Kaylia also worked day and night to make our stay special. Other guests at the resort soon became friends and we hope to keep in contact with all of them. The resort is like a family atmosphere, yet you can easily escape for quiet time together. We went on a fabulous day boat trip with the other guests and had so much fun. We saw dolphins, snorkelled in the open ocean, had a great lunch at a little restaurant over the ocean, visited some beautiful beaches, and certainly laughed alot!
Meals at the Garden of Eden were plentiful and there was a variety to choose from. Given that Helena and Kaylia had to run the whole place by themselves we were impressed with the meals that they turned out. We definitely did not go hungry! The drinks also went down very nicely!
Unfortunately we did not get to meet the infamous Bob. However, we certainly felt his presence as he phoned everyday to see how things were going and obviously missed Helena and being with the guests. I missed not having Magali around as I was really looking forward to one of her massages. Just another good reason to go back to the Garden of Eden!
The resort is extremely clean and the grounds are beautiful. There is a games room where we played pool with the other guests one evening after a delightful meal and drinks. A nice pool kept extremely clean and just the right temperature. There are three rooms to choose from at the resort. We had one of the rooms close to the pool area, which suited us just fine. We did get a chance to see the other rooms and they also were very nice. If you really are wanting to get away from the action or have true quiet time then I would suggest that you book the separate suite away from the pool area. It is on its own and so you would definitely have quiet in that room. However, in saying that it was nice being so close to the pool and bar/restaurant, so we had no complaints with our room. The resort sits on an island that is remote but a short water taxi ride away is Bocas Town and other islands/beaches to visit. Red Frog Beach was absolutely beautiful with great surf and beautiful sandy beach.
We spent a couple of our days walking around Bocas Town, which was interesting. Very friending people and some great little restaurants also. One restaurant in particular was "Om' which served really good Indian food.
There is an abundance of foliage and birds in the area. We kayaked one day all around the waters close to the resort, which made for a peaceful and memorable day. The weather was fabulous when we were there.
Helena makes any calls you need for water taxis and helps with arrangements for any day trips that you might want to take.
All in all we had a wonderful time at the Garden of Eden and would certainly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small private island Bed and Breakfast located in a tropical setting of Bocas Del Toro, Panama. The resort offers a swimming pool, kayaks, snorkeling, game room with pool table, restaurant and bar. Don't go to the Caribbean to just rent a room, come here where you can rent an island. We can accommodate up to 10 adults comfortably. Sorry no guests under 18 yrs of age. Close enough to Bocas to shop yet far enough to be as private as you want to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Garden of Eden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Of Eden Hotel Isla Solarte
- Hotel Garden Of Eden
- Garden Of Eden Inn Panama/Isla Solarte