We (German couple) stayed 3 days with Kipp (owner) and his team and we enjoyed it very much.
The atmosphere that the place has with its three guestrooms is nice, relaxing and welcoming. Rooms are beautifully decorated, spacious, clean and have a balcony with a hammock. Great, often homemade food is served for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a lot of times you can be part of the decision of what is served. We did not eat outside the hotel at all and even came back from a snorkel trip to have lunch there. Trip booking (snorkeling, going to other islands, visiting beaches,...) can be done in a very customized way - just ask someone of the team whatever you are up to and they will organize it for you (transfer always via boat). Bar with nice drinks and a "special of the day" (often something with rum ;-) ) has always been great and a fun place to hang. After we did an 11 day roundtrip through Costa Rica this place was perfect to relax giving you all option from being in one of the hammocks all day up to do any kind of activity you wish. Languages spoken: Spanish and English. Also a cute dog that is around most of the time belongs to the hotel - no worries - he is really nice and entertaining company :-).
We did a snorkeling trip during our stay: great corrals, sea stars and colorful fish in nice warm water. Also we stopped by "Sloth Island" - here you might find 1 or 2 sloths in the trees and are able to watch them. Furthermore we went over one afternoon to Bastimento , a nice and rather caribbean town which is not as touristic as Bocas de Toro itself on the main island.
Overall we highly recommend this place to everyone who looks for a non-touristic place with great people in the Bocas del Toro area. Thank you guys for making our stay that fantastic.
Daniel and Judith
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small private island Bed and Breakfast located in a tropical setting of Bocas Del Toro, Panama. The resort offers a swimming pool, kayaks, snorkeling, game room with pool table, restaurant and bar. Don't go to the Caribbean to just rent a room, come here where you can rent an island. We can accommodate up to 10 adults comfortably. Sorry no guests under 18 yrs of age. Close enough to Bocas to shop yet far enough to be as private as you want to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Garden of Eden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Of Eden Hotel Isla Solarte
- Hotel Garden Of Eden
- Garden Of Eden Inn Panama/Isla Solarte