“Excellent Roadside Restaurant/Hotel by Halford Bridge(A 429)” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
West Midlands,UK
“Excellent Roadside Restaurant/Hotel by Halford Bridge(A 429)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Like other reviewers I have driven past this place at least 20 years, without actually "popping in".
Wished I had stopped here before.
Nice surroundings, well laid out dining areas, private rooms and bar area.
We stopped here one Saturday lunch time.
Excellent starter and main course.As a result we couldn't resist the dessert.
The food, prawn and chorizo starter,mains were duck; rump steak with potatoes/chips. Very tasty,juicy and cooked to perfection.Service was very good.Friendly staff.
A couple of draft beers(Hooky & Tribute), but also Peroni and St.Miguel and others were available.
Didn't have chance to look at the wine menu!
Relatively varied menu, also they do well with their baguettes with unusual fillings.
Well worth a stopover on this popular route out of Stratford on Avon towards the Cotswolds.
They also offer 10 bedrooms.
Maybe a bit pricey for a few items,however "Jose"(Manager/owner??) informs all food is prepared from fresh, and therefore at busy times there could be a little wait.
Restaurant/ food is served all day Fri-Sun, rest of the week traditional hours.
( Additional info : "Jose's Happy Hour" from 1700-1900 hours Mon-Sat ).

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

UK
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stopped off today for a drink and possible lunch on the recommendation of a friend. Disappointed to be served by a bar person who gave the impression that she would rather be doing something else; curt and abrupt but was particularly busy. Poor choice of soft drinks and prices seemed, to me, to be unreasonably high. There was no displayed tariff for drinks in the only bar open which, I believe, is the law.
Didn't stay for lunch because the head waiter decided to do some business admin at the table next to us in the courtyard. We would not have minded so much but he was using a sliding guillotine which had a very intrusive screech every time he operated it. The guillotine needs some attention as does the Halford Bridge.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Short and sweet..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

...but entirely agreeable. Having motored past this place for the last 12 years, we thought we should actually make the effort to go in and give it the old east and west.

Rather good - interesting salads (warm chorizo and mozzarella), fast service and dogs not an issue. In fact the dog bowl came before our salads (quite rightly).

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Wish I lived closer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Having driven through halford numerous times & always commented on how lovely the halford bridge looks myself & my boyfriend decided to stop for dinner one evening & we were not disappointed - it was absolutely wonderful. the food was superb particularly my spinach, mushroom & spring onion risotto whilst my boyfriends steak was cooked to perfection. the bar area is a really pleasant atomsphere for dinner & the staff were really friendly & accommodating. I just wished I lived closer because if I did I would certainly be a regular costumer! Very highly recommended :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
chipping campden
“birthday treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I were recommended this restaurant for my birthday lunch and we were absolutely delighted with the menu, presentation, service and of course being able to sit outside in warm sunshine all added to our enjoyment. The staff were attentive and welcoming and we will certainly return. What a find en route to our favourite National Trust property in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Food