My husband, daughter and I just spent one night at Termes de Cauquenes. This is one of the strangest most overpriced places I have ever stayed. We were supposed to spend two nights but checked out ASAP the next morning. The hotel is completely run down and dirty. After checking in we found out at dinner that we were the only people in the entire hotel in the middle of nowhere. The majority of the staff was not at all friendly, and made us feel as if we were imposing on them. The total price was $120.00 U.S. for full pension which is expensive for the quality of the rooms and food. The food is supposed to be gourmet, but we were served a mediocare lunch, and the dinner was not much better.
Then I was even charged $10.00 U.S. to use one of the rundown filthy mineral bath tubs, which I assumed would be included in the price. I have been to hot springs in California and Nevada and was expecting something similar. This was more a house of horrors than a resort.
- Also Known As:
- Termas De Cauquenes Hotel Rancagua
- Termas De Cauquenes Hotel
- Termas De Cauquenes Rancagua
- Termas De Cauquenes Chile/Rancagua
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Termas de Cauquenes Hotel is product of the work of more than a hundred years, a real historic tradition of our country.This oasis of vitalizing and healing thermal waters is located 117 km. south of Santiago, the capital of Chile, in a privileged region, were its highlights are its pure air, autochthonous nature and the best gastronomy. All this bring together an unforgettable experience to our visitors.Termas de Cauquenes Hotel is synonymous to life, rest and pleasure.Your health matters to us more than anything is because of this that we invite you to enjoy our equipments and installations. ... more less