TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Canyon Hotel Erbil
Golan Street | City Center, Erbil 00964, Iraq   |
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Erbil
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“Best hotel I have stayed in in Erbil”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very nice hotel where everything works properly and the staff are very friendly and efficient. Slightly further from the centre than others but excellent value for money and taxis to centre are cheap. Rooms are reasonable size and very comfortable with air conditioning that works!. A pleasant bar and restaurant with good choice at breakfast and for dinner in evenings. Free wifi throughout the hotel that worked without any problems. One suggestion would be that safes be installed in the rooms as most business travellers in particular would expect these for safe storage of usual items such as pc, documents etc

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Luaay S, Manager at Canyon Hotel Erbil, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing Canyon Hotel Erbil for your staying in Erbil.
I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, , as we always strive to make our guests time a pleasurable, and working to make our services reach their expectations.
Once again thank you for your feedback which i assure it will reach all staff, and I look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel in the near future.

Assistant GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Arabic first
Erbil, Iraq
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

booking a large group to stay at Canyon hotel was a good choice so far, the EAM, the FOM along with F&B staff where very helpful and supportive during the entire stay. FOM Rehab Al Radi was of great help and all the group members enjoyed dealing with her. the hotel tried its best to satisfy our group and meet their requirements although a lot of them were at the last moment without prior notice with plenty of changes due to the group's tight schedule and challenging concert conditions.
I definitely do recommend it and will definitely consider it as a first choice when brining any other group to Erbil.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Luaay S, Manager at Canyon Hotel Erbil, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
I would first like to thank you for the nice comment, and really glad to know that we reach your satisfaction. and these positive comments from guest like you, for sure will make our team doing their best to improve our service day by day.
hoping that you will stay with us in the near future.

Beirut, Lebanon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was really shocked during my second stay in this hotel. Some key staff (Syrian female deputy director and one anonymous short guy who claimed to be a security agent) were particularly unprofessional rude and to some extent ignorant of the commonly used booking procedures. Cleanliness of the room was not good at all as well as the status of the furniture (falling curtains, closet doors partly damaged...). The only positive aspect was the F&B aspect. Otherwise it was a terrible experience. The hotel is not to be recommended anymore

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Luaay S, Manager at Canyon Hotel Erbil, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
I have read your comments, and would like to take this opportunity to apologize for all the inconvenience caused through your staying with us. I assure you that what you have experienced is not a norm in Canyon Hotel Erbil. I have personally spoken to all departments concerned to assure that such issues are prevented at all times. And I would like to thank you for nice word you mentioned about F.B department.
I have checked myself your staying in our hotel, it was second time and the problem is at the checkout time of your guest which is not linked to your room as your request, and the reception was asking about the bill settlement only because they were unknown to the reception and it was first visit for them, if you consider bill settlement at check time is unprofessional rude behavior, I would like to apologize again for what happened.
I hope we can get another chance to have you with us second time, please inform me when you plan to visit Erbil again.
Hoping in welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Canyon is my home at Erbil. The staff are incredibly friendly and kind that make your stay worm and relaxing. Service is excellent , they have a free stable and fast
Internet , a nice friendly gym , massage, sauna and steam room are available , also they have a nice restaurant "Medco" which serve a tasty dishes with fine wine list and nice music , always be back to stay , and definitely recommend for all

• Stayed April 2013
Luaay S, Manager at Canyon Hotel Erbil, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback. On behalf of Canyon Hotel Erbil team, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We will continuously work on all details to assure that all guests feel at home.
Hoping in welcoming you back on the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Being in a business trip to Erbil, I had never expected this much , but up to my suerprize its an awesome stay at canyon hotel, oh my God, I never expected to find a fine well designed boutique hotel in that city, hotel is fentastic Staff very friendly, services excellent. The room amenities are top rate, that breakfast buffet is excellent. Gym has 3 treadmills, a few weight machines, quality free..this is the second time visited to canyon hotel erbil....

varaprasad!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Luaay S, Manager at Canyon Hotel Erbil, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
I would first like to thank you for staying with us during you last visit to Erbil. I truly appreciate you feedback and comments. We will continuously work on our hotel services and standards to always achieve your satisfaction.
Hoping in welcoming you back again in Canyon Hotel Erbil.

Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My project used the hotel for a conference in early March 2013. The professional event support of the manager and staff was excellent. The conference room was perfectly set, the a/v equipment worked, the meals were delicious with a variety of fresh foods to meet all tastes and the rooms were comfortable and well appointed with good wifi connectivity. Requests were received with a smile and promptly handled.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Luaay S, Manager at Canyon Hotel Erbil, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Ma'am,
I would first like to thank you for choosing Canyon Hotel Erbil during your most recent visit to Erbil. I will definitely share your positive comments with the team. We thank you for that. we are truly glad that we were able to give a positive side with our service and staff friendliness. If there is anything that we can do for you during your next visit, please do not hesitate in letting us know.

mathewra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here for a national conference and found it a wonderful hotel. Staff very friendly, services excellent.
The room amenities are top rate, the Internet wifi is a fast as any hotel I have been to, that breakfast buffet is excellent.

Gym has 2 elliptical machines, 3 treadmills, a few weight machines, quality free weights and a cool design where you can run/jog the perimeter loop if waiting for an aerobics machine (at 7 pm I waited 10 minutes for one of the ellipticals)
I was told that the advertised massage services will actually start in about 2 weeks, sauna and stems rooms available.

20 minutes $35 private taxi from airport
Very nice place and great hotel experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Luaay S, Manager at Canyon Hotel Erbil, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
we are really glad to heard that our guest have enjoyed their stay, we at Canyon Hotel Erbil are always looking after our guest better and trying our best to make them feel at home.
hoping to have you again with us in near future.

Assistant GM

Been to Canyon Hotel Erbil? Share your experiences!