This was my wife and my first visit to a clothing optional resort. We were impressed. The biggest positives were: 1) the incredible staff - super friendly, helpful, and sweet, 2) the pool and beach area was great, even though you can't easily swim in the ocean right in front as it is rocky, and 3) probably the most unexpected positive was how friendly and social most of the guests were. Nearly everyone talked to each other, which is unusual at a resort in our experience. We figured it was that we all shared the uncommon bond of enjoying a vacation in the nude.
At the beginning of our trip, we were a little surprised that most of the guests were older people, but a few days later, the crowd had changed into mostly 40-55 year olds. There was only one couple that I would say was under 30. We are 49/50 and would have preferred more younger people, but it was fine.
There was an effort by the staff to have nightlife every night (DJ, body painting, etc), but there were few takers - we mostly read in the evenings. This is not a "party atmosphere" type of a place, but it was a lot of fun. This is also not a sexually oriented place, as the Hidden Beach website says. One couple we talked to said they came here because they were tired of the overt sex going on at places like Hedonism in Jamaica - this was not like that at all.
A big plus is being able to dine at the sister property (the dark side) at any of their restaurants, all included, even though you have to put your clothes on. The food everywhere is good, but not fabulous. No biggie - it was fine. The iguana seemed very happy with the treat I gave him.
The Naay Spa which serves both Hidden Beach and the sister property is quite fancy and fun with lots of different water treatments. While it is co-ed, they do not allow nudity except for 3 hours one evening a week. That is unfortunate, as I don't see any reason a spa should not be clothing optional as a rule, especially when it is connected to a clothing optional resort. I tried to go nude, and they about had a heart attack over it. I would like to see management change that policy.
Overall, Hidden Beach was a lot of fun and we thought it was well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is the only luxurious all-inclusive nudist resort in the Mexican Caribbean. Consisting of 42 beachfront suites, it is a secluded adults only property, perfect for couples and singles alike. Located just one hour and a half south of Cancun Airport, Hidden Beach Resort lies on a stretch of white sand beach offering spectacular views of the Mexican Caribbean sea. Hidden Beach blends signature services such as personalized check-in with a welcome glass of champagne or the exclusive concierge service with charming architecture to create an atmosphere of understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsClick, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hidden Beach Resort - Au Naturel Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Beach Resort - Au Naturel Club Hotel Riviera Maya
- Hidden Beach Mexico
- Hidden Beach Hotel Au Naturel