This was our first visit to Mexico and a first to a au natural resort. I assume that for first timers, visiting a au natural resort requires a decent leap of faith, I felt that way, anyway.
The staff and service - were absolutely fantastic. friendly, funny, timely, just great. This is a relatively small resort, you quickly get to know everyone by name and the staff also remembers your name, favorite drink, food preferences, how you like your coffee... it makes a big difference.
The rooms, the grounds and the facilities - we originally booked an ocean view suite, the view from the room was beautiful, but it is on the 3rd floor and with the entrance at the back, which meant the you have to take quite a hike from the pool to the room, so we asked to upgrade to a swim up suite, which in our opinion was totally worth the difference. (we asked for a discount on the upgrade and received 20% immediately).
Regardless to the suite we were in, the rooms were very nice, updated equipment, fresh and very clean. The public bathrooms were spotless, as were all the paths, pools and bars.
The resort has two large hot tubs, but only one was hot, the other was kinda warm.
Entertainment - Every night there were some activities, dancing band, rock band, casino night, Mardi Gras party, etc... followed by DJ music for those who wanted to dance. The performances ranges from lame to excellent, I personally believe that the atmosphere in those parties can only be as good as the relationship between the guests and if they are willing to play along and participate. The Karaoke was fun, as was casino night, Mardi Gras was cheesy, the Caribbean dances and the rock band were fantastic.
My best entertainment was the tropical storm that hit us one night, there is no better way to meet your creator that standing naked and drunk on a beach in the middle of a massive thunderstorm, but it is also stupid, downright dangerous and highly un-recommended!
Food - The food is generally very good, whether you stay to eat in HBR, or go next door to El Dorado (part of the deal). One negatives here, my wife is vegetarian and options are quite limited no matter where you go. Portions are just right, speed and quality are very good. with HBR being such a small resort, there aren't many options at the local restaurant outside of meal hours. We ate at 3 of the neighboring restaurants, the Italian was excellent, but the Asian was disappointing for me, others loved it, I guess this depends on your sushi standards.
Being naked - if you are reading this and it is your first time, then you are probably attracted to the idea of going to a nude resort, but you are not sure how you would feel. Well... let me put it this way - it took me less than 30 minutes from freaking out walking through the gate to walking naked on the pool deck. I don't really know how to explain this, but the environment is just extremely comfortable, which leads me to my last point and that is the other guests, we met doctors, engineers, professors, lawyers, brokers, people in active duty and more... the environment in the resort is so intimate and friendly, you cannot pretend to be someone else when you are bare naked, and so everyone is open to new friendships and you are guaranteed to find new friends very quickly. For someone who's working in NYC for over a decade, falling into such an environment was very far from daily life and the number one reason for our decision to come back to HBR again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is the only luxurious all-inclusive nudist resort in the Mexican Caribbean. Consisting of 42 beachfront suites, it is a secluded adults only property, perfect for couples and singles alike. Located just one hour and a half south of Cancun Airport, Hidden Beach Resort lies on a stretch of white sand beach offering spectacular views of the Mexican Caribbean sea. Hidden Beach blends signature services such as personalized check-in with a welcome glass of champagne or the exclusive concierge service with charming architecture to create an atmosphere of understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hidden Beach Resort - Au Naturel Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Beach Resort - Au Naturel Club Hotel Riviera Maya
- Hidden Beach Mexico
- Hidden Beach Hotel Au Naturel