“Another excellent stay at Casitas” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Up to 37% Off + Credit
Ranked #6 of 350 hotels in Riviera Maya
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
“Another excellent stay at Casitas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Second time to stay here, for 10 days (August 10-20, 2014). What a beautiful place! Had a very relaxing experience and were well catered-to. Our room was very pleasant, quiet and clean. We had great butler service provided by Fabiola, Spectacular pool bar service by Miguel, and excellent beach service by both Ramiro (Rambo) and Maggy (who was not really in our area, but greeted us and took care of us whenever we were away from Casitas 32. Had terrific daily yoga classes provided by Isis and Muriel. We also saw two of our butlers from last year: Pablo and Ivan who remembered us and greeted us like old friends. The food at all of the restaurants was excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed the "cooking show" at Fuentes. The staff at the resort is so friendly and helpful, it's a pleasure to stay there and we look forward to going back again.

Room Tip: Have only stayed at Casitas swim up, which was quite nice.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

1,636 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (739)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I went to El Dorado Casitas Royale for our 5 year wedding anniversary and it was AMAZING!!! When you enter the property you are blown away by the views and friendly customer service. The gals at the reception were very friendly and knowledgable of the facility. We stayed in the Casitas area on the 2nd level with the infinity pool and I would highly recommend that room. The views were awesome! We loved Alvaro and Diego who were in charge of our pool area and bartender. They were amazing!!!! Pedro was great help as well and shuttled us various places and even picked us up for our dinner reservations. Karla and Sophia did a great job on the couples massages as well. Our conciege Primitivo was very helpful and did a great job helping us plan our time there. This place is hands down the best!! We also recieved the Anniversary package and it was the best! Dinner on the beach, breakfast in bed, credits for bottles of wine, 2 for 1 massages and the champagne and flowers. I give this place a 10 and we want to go back immediately!! Thank you again for an amazing trip!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose the 2nd level inifinity pool, they have an outdoor shower as well
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I visited the resort in August for our baby moon and we LOVED it!!! We had worked with Melissa from Beach Bum Vacations for our wedding at Azul Sensatori ( a sister property of this resort) and had such a great experience with her that we asked for her help booking our baby moon as well! It made our lives so much easier to book with her, she was able to book our hotel, flights, round trip transfers to and from hotel, and even got us trip insurance! She suggested staying at the El Dorado Casitas and we are SO happy we did! This resort is absolutely gorgeous!! We wanted something relaxing for the baby moon and Melissa had told us that the casitas were definitely the way to go for that and she was sooooo right. The casita area is way more private and luxurious and was completely worth the extra money. There are only a few casitas per pool in this area so you are only sharing the pool with a few other people and we had some really awesome couples sharing ours so that made the trip even better. The rooms are really nice, they have a big king bed ( we actually found it a little hard but we called concierge and within an hour they brought us a comfy mattress pad) and there is both an indoor and outdoor shower which was really cool. Also you get to choose what aromatherapy you want so it smelled really nice in the room every night too and we got to choose what pillows we wanted as well! And because we booked through Beach Bum, Melissa was able to upgrade us to a swim up suite which I HIGHLY recommend. It was so nice to go to the pool but also just hang in the pool right outside our room as well. Another nice thing about the casita area is that you can make a reservation at any restaurant which was perfect, we made all of ours the first day with concierge so we knew we would be able to try everything.

We LOVED the beach beds, they were absolutely perfect to relax on near the water. I spent hours just reading and laying on the bed and we never had to wait for one, they were always available. Maggie was our pool/beach attendant and she was amazing!!! Every day she would set us up with a bed or chairs at the pool and bring us water and even ice cream!! There was one day she was off when we were there and we actually really missed her!

Now for the FOOD!!!! It is sooooooo good at this resort, by far the best I have ever had at an all inclusive. I see some people have written that the portions are too small but I disagree. My husband and I thought the portions were perfect especially because you get an appetizer, entree, and dessert and you can order as much as you want! There were a few meals where I couldn't decide between 2 things so I just ordered both! The servers never make you feel weird about ordering too much either, they are all so wonderful and just want you to be happy. For breakfast Cocotal was great for the breakfast buffet and we also loved Santa Fe as well ( the french toast and banana pancakes are delish!)For lunch we really loved Jo Jo's for the fish and chips and the pork chop with apples. We also loved the pizzeria place for burgers and nachos as well.. one tip,if you go to pizzeria sit past the kitchen where it is breezier or it gets super hot. For dinner Kampai was really awesome, I went there twice, get the tempura fried california roll its so yummy, the spring rolls, chicken and beef satay,and the coconut ice cream with tapioca. They have a great lunch as well, we had some tai food for lunch there. D'Italia was also really great for dinner, I had this pasta with pesto and grilled shrimp that I am still thinking about! They make the pasta fresh there and you can definitely tell. Fuentes was a fun interactive dinner where you watch the chef making the food in front of you like a show and after he prepares each course in front of you they bring it out for you to eat. The only restaurant we were not crazy about was the Mexican one but seriously besides that one everything else was amazing.

We didn't do any excursions because I am pregnant but we did go to Playa Del Carmen using the free shuttle that they offer. We thought that was great that they offer free shuttles to and from Playa and also Cancun, just make sure you make a reservation with the concierge for it. We also went to two of the shows they had at the resort, the circus and also the pop star impersonators. They were really good!! Usually at resorts I find the shows to be kind of cheesy but we really enjoyed the shows at El Dorado!

The only thing I thought could be better was having more golf carts taking you around the resort. The property is really big so it was alot of walking. To be honest if I hadn't been pregnant it wouldn't have been as big a deal but really thats the only thing I thought could be improved. All in all it was one of the best vacations I have ever taken and we will for sure be going back ( soon I hope!)

Room Tip: Casita 29 was a great location- Maggie is the pool attendant and the bartender there is amazing as w...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We have visited the El Dorado 5 times previous to this visit and I just love how much the resort changes from year to year, always trying to improve upon paradise and in my opinion succeeding. This year was the best vacation my husband and I have ever been on. This is quite a lengthy review so have tried to break it into the different areas.

Our first room was the same one we have stayed in several times before. It has been refurbished since our last trip to a high standard and is lovely. I do wish the curtains went back as far as they used to, as it has a gorgeous view of the sea which I love to take in. There was however a slight glitch with the aircon, as it was going to take a little while to fix the Casitas manager Joslin moved us to a gorgeous upgraded room with an infinity pool, more on that in a moment.

MANAGEMENT
Joslin is the new Casitas manager and really was an absolute pleasure to speak to. She is an artist at anticipating her guests needs and exceeding them. We saw her several times throughout our trip and she was so interested in guest feedback and prides herself on making your holiday special. We could really not have asked for anything more.

ROOM
The infinity suite was in the 32 section, lovely and quiet which is what we are looking for from our holiday. Indoor and outdoor shower, although we only used the outdoor. Private pool and outside bed and dining area. The biggest most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! Just gorgeous! Fabi was our room butler and ensured we had our room cleaned at a convenient time, turn down when we wanted and would often leave us little treats like chocolates or a bubble bath with candles when we returned after dinner.

POOL
The pool area for this section has Javier as the pool butler. Javier really made our trip memorable! He always had nice fresh towels for us, chilled water and a nice cooler. One day I ran out of books so he found out what I liked to read and searched the property for some more books for me that I might be interested in. Now that is EXCELLENT service! Miguel our bartender made it his job to find out how I preferred my drink made and had it ready for me before I knew I wanted it. The pool area was quiet enough we could always find loungers in the sun AND a beach bed in the shade but enough other people to have an atmosphere, perfect really. I would love to stay in this gorgeous area again.

SPA
I have seen some reviews where guests have not liked being approached by spa staff while at the pool. It you do want a treatment these guys are great! You don't even have to get off your lounger to book your massage and they will get you the best deal. We booked with Ananias who I would recommend booking through. He got me the time I wanted, the masseur I requested and got me a great price, all from the luxury of my pool floaty. If you don't want to book a gentle no thanks is sufficient.

BREAKFAST
We mostly ate at Sante Fe with Humberto, the best breakfast waiter or had room service. My husband loved the breakfast burrito! It was always fresh and tasty. We did miss Kampai breakfast, my husband missed having curry for breakfast this year.

LUNCH
Best place for lunch is definitely Kampai. Humberto is there too and will not let your wine glass go dry! We have been seeing Humberto for years now and he always remembers us and was genuinely so pleased to see us, a really lovely guy. It is now the only aircon restaurant for lunch so we ate there most days as it is pretty warm at lunchtime in August. My husband also really loved the whole fish now served at JoJos for lunch. Again we did miss Rincon Mexicana for lunch but there are plenty of options elsewhere.

DINNER
My favourite time of day! We ate a lot of delicious things but the outstanding restaurant always has been and continues to be D'Italia Casitas! Hector was our waiter most nights as we requested him. He paced our meals really well, very knowledgeable about the menu and on our last night spread rose petals on our table to my surprise. We had the pleasure of meeting Chef William this year the new head chef at D'Italia. He prepared us a gorgeous seafood based chefs table with some delicious dishes. We have been raving about his food since we have been home. Truly Michelin star standard! Thank you so so much Chef William, looking forward to seeing you next visit. Also thank you Chef Sergio for introducing us and for taking such good care of us as you always do in all the Casita restaurants.

WINE
There is a great selection of house wines but we really enjoyed some of the wines from the wine list. Eduardo the sommelier for the resort had some great recommendations for us and organised some lovely little surprises for us when we saw him. If you are unsure what to order, ask if he is about and he will recommend you some great wines!

OVERALL
Well as I have already said, the BEST holiday I have ever been on. I'm already planning my next trip. Thanks you too all the guys who made this a really memorable vacation, we can't wait to see you all again. Hasta Luego

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Telford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

If like me you trawl through the reviews prior to your holiday, after looking at previous reviews for this hotel you will be very surprised to see I have only given it 4 stars rather than 5? I am going to start with a couple of negatives and for these reasons only are why we have not given 5 stars.

Firstly coming from the UK, we believe a very important factor going to the Caribbean has to be white sandy beaches with warm crystal clear waters as it’s something you don’t get at home. Regretfully this hotels location doesn’t give you that. The beach is very rocky, if you go towards the Presidential Suites, you will find a small area of the beach which is better and a little less rocky. Also the view out to the ocean is spoilt by the huge rocks they are putting in. I understand why they are doing this, however it spoils the outlook completely. I do not swim in the sea as such, however part of our holiday is to walk along the beach and go for a dip to cool off, again it is very difficult to walk along this beach due to the shingle and small rocks along the shore.

My final negative is WIFI……why when you are spending £1000’s of pounds do you have to pay for WIFI…for each device! Coming from the UK, phone charges are premium whether it is calls or txt messages, therefore we rely on WIFI to be able to contact family and friends back home. Again if you do not want any communication with the outside world then this will not be a problem.

You may think I’m being very picky, however I believe when you are spending all your hard earned savings to come to a place like this, you need to make sure it ticks all your boxes so if you are not a beach person and you are not looking for panoramic views of the Caribbean sea then you will not have a single problem.

Apart from the negatives I have mentioned, I agree with all the other reviews, the hotel, the food, the staff, the grounds, pools are all excellent. The hotel is on a very large complex, which is great for you to have a walk round, you actually feel like you are in a small village rather than confined to a hotel.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Without the wonderful help of Vucko, I would have been lost as to where to book dinner reservations, what were the scheduled events and best options available. His help was invaluable. Thank you so much!
The rooms, all facilities, location to pools and beach were excellent, along with the wonderful service provided by all personnel. It seemed like you only had to take a couple of steps before someone appeared offering you transportation to your destination. Of course, all personnel were so helpful and accomodating.
Sue Berry

Room Tip: I stayed in the Casita Suite on the second floor. The units contain 4 suites. Higher rooms had fab...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
KarismaHotelsResorts, Gerente at El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Mss. Berry,

Thank you very much for the beautiful comment. Certainly Vucko is a true gem for us, as many other employees, oriented always to provide a high quality service.

I am so glad you experienced an excellent time with us. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joslin fuentes
Hotel Manager
Lake Charles, La
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband surprised me with a trip to El Dorado Casitas for my 40th b-day. We used the same FunJet travel agent we always use and she recommended it. Let me start this review by saying our last trip was to a Sandals in St Lucia and we went all the way with full Butler service, so our expectations were probably a little high. With that being said, we were underwhelmed with the concierge service. It took us 3 different trips to 3 different buildings(on our first day here) to find where our concierge was(keep in mind it's 90 degrees) When we arrived, she was already gone for the day which didn't set well with us either. She did try and contact us, but we missed her so we just decided to do our own thing and catch her the next day. When we did meet Ruth, she was very friendly, but still we were a bit underwhelmed, especially when we asked her about getting us to the lobby for our 7am excursion the next morning(the shuttles don't start until 7am) and she told us oh you may have to walk. We were in Casitas building 32 and that is an extremely long walk. Probably over 20 minutes. I just feel like we should have been taken care of better. The people who booked the trip(Lomas Travel) made one phone call and the bell boy picked us up at 6:40. We never saw Ruth again after our first day. She did however make sure my room was decorated beautifully for my birthday which i appreciated very much. After that first day, our trip became wonderful!! We loved the shuttle drivers! Especially Edy and Leo. The staff from the check in people, bell-boys, wait staff and even gardeners etc were beyond friendly and always asked if we were having a great time. The turn down service and aromatherapy were a wonderful touch. Nothing like coming in after dinner to a clean room.
The food was AMAZING. There really wasn't anything to complain about. We ate at Cocatal for breakfast. They have a wonderful buffet and menu. JoJos was our favorite for lunch. Great view and atmosphere. We also liked to go there in evening to sit by water and have drinks. Had dinner there also. We had D'Italia, and Santa Fe for dinner. Both wonderful. The resort is beautiful from the rooms to the grounds. We were disappointed that it didn't have a water view. Totally blocked by palm trees. We were in 3224 which was a 2nd floor with infinity pool.I would suggest since most don't have water views anyway, if you want infinity pool, go with lower floor swim up. Pool is bigger and you have chairs in the pools. You have to be on the corner of a building to get a water view. The good def out ways the bad on this trip! You will have a wonderful time if you go. We just had a few hiccups along the way.

Room Tip: Casitas are worth the extra. Much quieter and very nice rooms. Just wish they had more water view ro...
Dear Leslie H,

I would like to thank you for having chosen El Dorado Casitas for your vacation and especially to celebrate your 40th Birthday!

We really appreciate all your comments and opinions regarding your experience and we already took note of them. For us, it is very important to know our guest feedbacks because that is the only way to keep improving.

I truly hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

Warm regards,

Joslin Fuentes
Hotel Manager
El Dorado Casitas

Been to El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma? Share your experiences!