“Close to Perfect Anniversary” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Up to 38% Off + Credit
Ranked #8 of 349 Hotels in Riviera Maya
Allen, Texas
“Close to Perfect Anniversary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We just got back from a 5 night stay at the Casitas. It was our first time there but our 4th trip to the Mayan Riviera. The resort is very beautiful, but huge!
We stayed in the 30 block which was wonderful. It was close to the restaurants in the Casitas, quiet, romantic and luxurious. It was far from the action of the main resort, but when we wanted to go there we caught one of the shuttles. We liked Allen the concierge and loved our beach butler Daisy and bartender at the swim-up bar. Their standout service was a highlight. I would recommend a 2nd floor room for quiet and privacy. When we were in the room we felt like we were the only people there. BUT, the stairs are a killer. 2nd floor rooms are high up a wooden stair case that is slanted so the rain falls away from the building. If you have any physical issues, stay on the bottom floor. My favorite part of the room was the round outdoor shower. You will love it!
We liked most of the food. Favorite dinners were at Santa Fe, romantic dinner on the beach, Kampai Asian, and Fuentes dinner theater. The Italian restaurant was not great - tiny portions, slow service, overcooked pasta, but amazing chocolate surprise desert. For lunch we liked Jojo's. We ate mostly at the small grill at Casitas 31 pool. It was nice to come straight from the beach and not have to go back to the room and change but the selection is small. We ate breakfast in the room twice but would recommend catching the shuttle to the buffet in the main lobby building. Best breakfast buffet ever.
The pool with the swim-up bar in our section was great, clean, warm, not crowded. There were some fun people but plenty of space so only as much socializing as you chose. I want to be honest about the beach. Some people are bothered by the look of the sand whales and the cement pyramids. All I could see was the color of the beautiful turquoise water and soft sand. The section in front of Casitas 31 was where we spent a lot of time. You could walk right out, sit down and little fish would come and swim around you. We also saw lots of fish, plate size, at the beach in front of Jojo's. Amazing!
We had the couples massage on the beach. 80 minutes of bliss! Try it.
There are a few reasons that I am not giving 5 stars. If you get a room in the area where the Casitas meet the Royale, yuck! There is a distinct smell of sewage in the evenings. Do not stay around there. Portion size and slow service at some of the restaurants were not top tier.
I know this is long, but I value the reviews on Trip Advisor and if this can help you decide... I would say go there. It is beautiful and was a great trip.

Room Tip: Stay in the casitas, sections 27 or higher. 2nd floor for privacy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (795)
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

El Dorado Casitas Royale was the perfect honeymoon spot!! It sits Adjacent to the Caribbean Sea where the water is 82° clear and beautiful! This was an all inclusive, adults only, beachfront resort. There are amazing restaurants, corner food restaurants, 24 hour room service, and plenty of bars and other places to have any kind of drink you like!! There were beds on the beach and lounge chairs. Each section had its own cool bar that was open from 10 to 6 every day. Our bartender Cesar was amazing. Cesar works the pool bar in section 28. Every morning as soon as we came out of on our balcony he was they're asking us what we would like to drink telling us the drink of the day. If we chose to lounge on the beach bed he would find us and take our order and deliver them to us. All of the restaurants were gourmet and delicious. There was so much to do at the resort. From bike tours, kayaking, volleyball, snorkeling, nightlife, horseback riding, dancing, cooking classes, pottery painting and more! You really never have to leave the resort while you're there, and you won't want to! If you decide to, though, there are so many things to do nearby from touring the ruins, to snorkeling, to just about anything within a half an hour. We also love the spa. We had three massages all on the beach. If you're going for an anniversary or honeymoon bring your marriage certificate and they will give you lots of extras for free. This was a beautiful, immaculate, amazing resort. I can't recommend it more and if we could go every year we would!

Room Tip: The casitas were amazing rooms!! We loved section 28. Bartender Cesar made our trip! Great service e...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My stay at casitas royal was excellent the staff was perfect! my butlers Jalma & Jesus were exceptional.The massage therapists Jorge & Angelena were great. Great lunches at Kampai,Had a wonderful dinner at D'Italia Casita also Cocotal has a wonderful breakfast.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a 2 week holiday celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. The hotel and food was amazing and the staff were fantastic. Our Concierge Allen was second to none and really did make our holiday even more amazing - you could not fault him in any way and he really is a credit to the resort, we felt honoured to have him as our concierge and when leaving it felt as though we were leaving behind a very dear friend, also our other concierge Myleene was fab, always so happy and the most addictive laugh. Nothing was ever too much for them both and they went above and beyond. The food was top notch and a great variety - one of the waiters Alex from Jojos restaurant stuck in our minds and he really was fantastic, never before have we been away and wanted to comment so much on staff - so many deserve recognition. We wanted to do a few excursions whilst away and were pre-prepared to be hassled into doing things we didn't want like most resorts however we were pleasantly surprised. Sergio from lomas travel was very professional and easy going. He had a very friendly approach that actually made you want to listen and take part . All in all we had a amazing holiday with not a fault to be found - we will definitely be recommending this place to all and hope to return. Big thank you to the maintenance man for repairing my shoe hahaha - BEST holiday ever!

Norman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We just returned from El Dorado Royale. We were upgraded to the casitas side and it was wonderful! Food, service, entertainment was all very satisfying. We will miss Daisy, Santiago, and Roman from section 30 of the casitas! They were all tremendous and should be commended. Daisy was so nice she should be Mayor! Santa Fe was our favorite restaurant, followed closely by D'Italiano. We are still kicking around becoming members, but either way we intend to return.

Matt Card 3020

Stayed July 2014
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I am writing this review almost 1 year later...but our vacation is still very vivid in my mind so I will share!!
PROS:

Arrival to the hotel was very smooth, we booked transportation directly with casitas and there was no issue. Check in was a breeze, took maybe 10-15 mins. we were given welcome champagne along with a cool towel to freshen up. The lobby is huge and beautiful, large floor to ceiling sliding doors with a nice view of the resort and trees. everyone was extra friendly, we had the VIP check in service so we went into a small office and were given our room keys. Our luggage was taken to our hotel room - we decided to grab lunch before seeing our room.

our casita was very beautiful. We had an outdoor shower off of the bathroom which was neat - my husband really loved that feature. The shower was huge, 4 ppl could fit in there. We were given a nice welcome note, fruit and wine upon our arrival. Beds are plush and very comfy - pillow menu was awesome and I loved the aromatherapy. We had a lovely beachfront casita steps away from the pool. Jacuzzi which we never used and a nice sized flat screens. AC worked very well - fridge was always stocked, however the towel quality was poor for a 5 star resort. I was expecting plush towels and they were very thin and cheap...same for the bathmat - cheap thin towel - I was very disappointed with that.

We had great butler service - can't recall his name but he was great. Got us snacks at the pool, made our dinner rsvs, spa rsvs - always checking up on us - he was wonderful!!!

The Food......the restaurants were all great. Now Casitas Royale is shared with El Dorado Royale so the entire resort is huge and there were plenty of options. Our fave. was the Asian on our side which we discovered days into our visit. We ended up going to breakfast and lunch there for the remainder of our time. Try to get rsvs at Fuentes - it was a very cool experience to watch the chefs cook live, we were seated right in the front and really enjoyed it all. If I remember correctly, wine was an additional cost and each course the chef recommended a parring. Funetes menu changed daily - we went when the cuisine was Italian and really enjoyed it. Our absolute favorite was the Mexican restaurant - the best Tres Leches cake I ever had in my life AND really made this trip memorable since we had a little joke about it. All in all - I ordered this cake to my room which apparently is not allowed (there is a room service menu specifically for room orders) so the staff really went above and beyond for me. They were so kind personally walking to the restaurant and bringing it to my room - it was the BEST cake I've ever eaten in my life I wanted to take it home with me....And I'm happy to say we are returning back to Mexico, staying at seaside suites this year and I will be stopping by just for this cake!!! Amazing!

The Spa....Spa was great - not much to say about it. Like any other upscale spa, clean locker room, robes, option of male or female, great products, also can do spa on the beach...nice massage. Nothing to rave about but I am a spa-ee and this was a very nice good quality facility. And luckily our room was steps away because we made about 3 visits!

The grounds....Grounds were well kept, nice lawns, again since its a shared resort there were golf carts to take you to different ends of the hotel. Wait time was not too bad everything was nice.

CONS:

The Beach!!!! The beach totally sucked, it was very rocky not really swimable and rough waters. (We were here Sept. 2013). My hubby is a beach guy being a Jamaican native so this was a disappointment for us. Even the sands were not that nice - I personally do not swim much but thought the lay out space was narrow and not that great. Waters were very pretty to look out - just not swim able at all.

Voucher...now this is a personal problem! We attended the timeshare meeting and were almost almost almost going to buy until my mother back in the states said no - however we were given a complimentary night stay and I lost it so I'm hoping they can replace it so I can come back.

All in all...this was by far my favorite vacation, I can write a book about it. The food was the best I've ever eaten for All Inclusive - they really stand up to their name. The pictures online actually look like the resort if not better when you arrive and the staff if beyond great, I wanted to take them all back home. It was a very nice honeymoon and we really cannot wait to return! It is worth every penny because you will pay a pretty penny to stay here but like they say...you get what you pay for and it is WORTH every cent! 5 star service from arrival to departure. Not to mention the nice communication before you arrive ensuring everything is set for you.

I'm giving 4 stars only because of the beach and the towels. I would like to suggest being that this is an upscale resort, most ppl who travel here are expecting better quality towels. When you book 5 star you are expecting plush and 100% cotton so I think the hotel should really consider doing a better job with that. For all you beach lovers - take a day trip to Mamora beach about 15 min away - excellent beach! One of the nicest beaches we've been too! Water was gorg, warm and smooth sands - NO rocks!!

This place is for lovers - its very relaxing quiet and romantic, older crowd - we were maybe the youngest couple there but def. didn't mind!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is a gorgeous place. We fell in Love when we stepped on to the property! Proud to say we are now Sapphire members of this resort and will be going back year after year! The swim up Casitas are amazing! You just walk out your back door and Boom and there is your pool. We stayed in the 30's.It has a lazy river around all the Casita's in the 30's that lead to the pool for that section. It is so quiet and peacefull. Allen Mason was our concierge. he is amazing and will jump through hoops to make sure you are Happy. The Bartenders, Daisy and Ramon at the pool for section 30 were top of the line and amazing! Neither one of them missed a beat and were so friendly!! They went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of! The food on the resort was awesome at all of the restuarants with a wide variety to choose from. THis resort is building the worlds largest Artificial Coral Reef!! It will be awesome! it is in the Guniess Book Of World Records. It was neat to see that being developed and unfold before our eyes! After being to the Dominican Republic Punta Cana and Nassau Bahamas I have to say this resort trumps all of them! Go see for yourself!! While you are there give a shout out to Allen, James (in member services), Daisy and Ramon!!! Enjoy, you will be back!!!

Room Tip: Swim Up Casita's in section 30 are awesome!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma? Share your experiences!