Me and my husband stayed at this resort for 2 weeks on 23rd November 2013 for our honeymoon. We stayed in the casitas section (room 3006). I would recommend paying more and staying in the casitas section if you're looking for peace and quiet. The Royale side can be very crowded and noisy at times. It was also Thanksgiving when we were there so it was full of rowdy Americans. Upon arrival we were taken from the main lobby to the casitas reception on a little golf buggy (these would prove very useful for getting around during our stay!) Once at the reception we were handed a glass of champagne and a cold towel which was nice after a 10 hour flight. We were given an introduction about the hotel and the services on offer etc. and was then shown to our room. It had a nice large comfy bed, Jacuzzi bath (heaven) and an outdoor shower which we used all the time. The mini bar was stocked daily and the maids came in to clean every day. We also used the room service on a few occasions which was good. We didn't order breakfast as we liked to go out every morning but we did order quite a few of the steak and cheese baguettes at the end of a heavy night! We also had our own concierge Charlee who was very helpful. She booked our tables for dinner, arranged turn down service etc. it was a nice little touch. Our room was a 2 minute walk from the beach and pool (with bar) which was handy. The beach is very nice but you can't really swim in the sea because it is very rocky. We were also unfortunate to have quite a bit of bad weather which made it very windy on some days but obviously that can't be helped and it certainly didn't dampen our spirit! Food wise we ate at all the restaurants. Breakfast we ate mainly at Cocotal (buffet style) and Kampai. Lunch was normally the health bar (the thai steak salad is lovely) or the pizza bar near the main pool area. Our favourite for dinner was D'Italia Casitas which was excellent. Our other favourite was La Isla which is Mediterranean cuisine. We weren't so keen on the live cooking show at Le Fuentes and Jo Jo's wasn't that great for choice but all in all the food was very nice. They also grow all their own vegetables and herbs on site. For drinks I mainly drank the house red which was fine but they do have lists for the wine buffs. The waiting staff were also great and would do anything for you. We generally tipped between 20 and 50 pesos (about 2 - 3 GBP) but didn't tip at every meal, just the ones we really liked. We didn't use the spa facilities or do any activities so I can't comment on that. We were quite happy to just chill out on the beach all day and have a few cocktails! We did however go to Cancun one day and also Coco Bongos in Playa Del Carmen which was a great night out and they offer a free bus service from the hotel. Take my advice and order the VIP tickets if you go - you get to skip the massive queue, get your own seat and your own personal waiter. The other option is the mosh pit with everyone else (not good). We enjoyed every minute of our stay at this resort and would definitely recommend it to anybody. Best holiday ever!
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Casitas Royale, By Karisma Hotel
- El Dorado Casitas Royale, By Karisma Hotel Riviera Maya
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El dorado casitas royale, one of conde nast traveler readers’ top 100 hotels in the world and a AAA four diamond resort, is the pinnacle of romantic seaside luxury.Nestled along the beach in a separate, secluded area within El Dorado Royale on Mexico’s Riviera Maya, El Dorado Casitas Royale by Karisma is an adults only resort designed for romance. A superb array of amenities and services makes this an unrivaled destination for romantic getaways, weddings, honeymoons, and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere, BookIt.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.