My husband and I made reservations at El Dorado Royale for our honeymoon. When we arrived, we were automatically upgraded to a room on the Casitas side at no extra charge, and we didn't even have to ask! For anyone that's going here for a romantic getaway, I definitely think the Casitas side is worth the extra money. It's much more secluded and doesn't have a hotel-like feel to it, as the non-Casitas side does. We had an outdoor shower and a screen door leading to a secluded patio with a bed, tables, and chairs.
The resort was perfect for four main reasons.
1. The beach was beautiful, quiet, and 100% private. There are man-made barriers constructed off the shore to help prevent erosion, but I didn't think they were a huge eye sore. We never had a problem finding chairs or a bed on the beach. Staff comes around often to offer you drinks, as well.
2. The staff was incredibly friendly and treated everyone like they were VIPs. Tipping was not expected at this all-inclusive resort, but we did see a few people here and there tipping at meals. The staff was also very fun and energetic and we really enjoyed the nightly parties/entertainment they held.
3. The food was the best. They are not kidding when they say it's gourmet. There are so many restaurants to choose from, also, that I can't imagine someone not being able to find a place they like. Kampai was our favorite restaurant with wonderful sushi and a very romantic setting. Rincon Mexicano was our second favorite restaurant, but we weren't able to find it until almost the end of our trip, so we didn't go there many times. We also had one room service breakfast that was delicious and a beautiful candlelit dinner at a private table on the beach. There are several snack bars called "Gourmet Corners" you can visit between meals or for a lighter meal. We tried several of the smoothies at Healthy Corner and loved them all. The cookies there were also delicious. Lastly, the mini fridge in our room was restocked daily with treats, beer, and water.
4. The honeymoon package was amazing. At no extra cost (you just have to book a certain room level or higher), we got all of the following just because it was our honeymoon: 2 for 1 massages on the beach, a candlelit dinner on the beach, a special room service breakfast, and one night when we got back to our room, they had filled the whirpool with water and petals and left us a bottle of champagne.
We cannot wait to go back to El Dorado Casitas Royale!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El dorado casitas royale, one of conde nast traveler readers’ top 100 hotels in the world and a AAA four diamond resort, is the pinnacle of romantic seaside luxury.Nestled along the beach in a separate, secluded area within El Dorado Royale on Mexico’s Riviera Maya, El Dorado Casitas Royale by Karisma is an adults only resort designed for romance. A superb array of amenities and services makes this an unrivaled destination for romantic getaways, weddings, honeymoons, and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and HotelsClick so you can book your El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Casitas Royale, By Karisma Hotel Riviera Maya