“Absolutely Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 359 Hotels in Riviera Maya
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Absolutely Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I just returned from the El Dorado Casita's Royale. We were part of a wedding group of 30-peolpe and everyhting went so smooth. Kelly Morman from Travel Haus St. Louis took care of EVERYTHING. From the private check in, to the wedding, to the reception and even booking the excursions. The staff was amazing and very attentive to our every need. We stayed in room 2911, which was perfectly situated by Kampai for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We never had a problem getting to the villa side of the resort as it was a nice leisurely walk along the beach or the shuttles would come by often so we could hitch a ride if we wanted too. Although it rained for 2-days straight the staff was eager to help us out with a ride or room service. Umbrellas were in every room so it really wasn't an issue. We enjoyed the nightly entertainment, even came in 2nd place for the "Perfect Couple" competition. We had aromatherapy and a pillow menu in our room which was amazing to have a different scent in our room daily/nightly. We are non-drinkers so we requested extra soda and water in our room which they were good about stocking daily. Overall we had an amazing, relaxing experience and are ready to go back for another week. Don't hesitate to contact Kelly at Travel Haus if you want top notch service!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (990)
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Paradise sums up this resort,the location the room the food the service is all fantastic,the beach is beautiful with great jet skies hire.the room is luxurious with huge jacuzzi bath huge bed beautiful balcony,the food is just exquisite a la carte menus.the staff are so unbelievable nice they treat you like royalty,I cannot wait to come back and therefor cannot recommend this hotel enough it really is best resort I ever been to.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

this resort was amazing , we had a few issues with the room but management took care of it right away , Allen mason our conceige was the best , if anyone goes there and stays in 3100 block they have to request him , Food was amazing ,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We just returned from a fantastic, super-relaxing & quick trip to El Dorado Casitas Royale (10/26-30). Thanks to Nancy Finn from Island Getaways for making an excellent recommendation for us yet again - and for getting us an amazing upgrade to a swim up room! What a luxurious treat!

We were in the 2900 section and it was just amazing. Our pool bar was never too busy and beach lounging was relaxing with plenty of little huts/loungers to go around. I loved having mojitos delivered to me on the beach in the morning and then taking "1st nap" before my noon 1st nap deadline every day! Second nap would come after a yummy lunch - followed by pool bar time, and sometimes even 3rd nap before dinner. Service by the bartender & beach butler was top notch, and drinks were fabulous.

If you like to jog/walk, the path around the resort is great for that. The fitness center in the Casitas section was okay, but not great. If you go out in the morning, while the humidity is not great, the heat is not too bad.

Food was almost always excellent. I was especially impressed with Kampai (awesome at breakfast and lunch, with nice dinner options as well), D'Italia Casitas (very nice Italian), and the Santa Fe Grill. We did the Fuentes dinner, which was not up our alley. Other people seemed to enjoy it but I thought it was over the top and the food tasted more "mass produced" than the other places – not the culinary highlight that had been hyped (for me at least). I would not go back to Fuentes but would go back to any other restaurant or bar on the property.

We’ve done beach vacations in Jamaica previously, but I was hesitant to go to Mexico. I was totally wrong! This was – all in all – another excellent trip set up by Nancy. It was truly fabulous! Plus, I got to replenish my long-gone Mexican vanilla stash.

Room Tip: The swim up suite was awesome! I was hesitant to pay for it at first, but Nancy from Island Getaway...
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We travelled here from the UK for our honeymoon in December/January 2012.
We had booked a swim-up room and were given room 5201. It smelt musty in there but we were assured when I contacted reception that it was because the room had been shut for a few days. After a few hours of trying to sleep with the patio door open, the smell was not easing and my husband was finding it hard to breathe. I went to reception, where they politely told me that a cleaner would be sent to the room. Despite her efforts, there was no difference, and our rep was of no help, simply saying that she knew there were problems with some rooms as they were very old but there was nothing she could do to help. So I went back to reception & asked to change rooms. As there were none available of a similar standard, we were offered an upgrade at a cost (much cheaper than if we'd booked through our travel agents) which we were glad to take. That is where any distress ceased.
The rest of our stay was quite simply amazing. We had Casita number 3007 which gave us outstanding views, a huge room, bed & jacuzzi, a big bathroom, outdoor shower and the most amazing balcony with an outdoor double bed. It was a million miles from our first room! It had a small, but immaculate pool and outdoor jacuzzi, mostly shared with 20 other Casitas, and the occasional visitor. Special mention must go to Orville and Peter for their superb attention to detail and eagerness to please. Nothing was too much trouble and they made us feel so welcome at the pool bar every single day.
Service around the whole complex was second to none, as were the grounds, the beach and the transport around the complex -although we enjoyed our strolls about, there was always a golf buggy waiting to whizz you to any corner!
Everything in the entire complex was so clean, and the maids always found time for the fun towel creations, despite working very hard to ensure our casita was kept immaculate.
The restaurants were outstanding, clean and the portions very adequate, although we were always treated with politeness when we asked for more, and genuinely made to feel that nothing was too much trouble and they were delighted we liked their food so much.
We did opt to go for the timeshare talk (that is exactly what it was) on the one rainy morning of our stay. It was a sales pitch, but if you ignored all the nonsense (like the loud American boss telling someone that capacity was at 120%, but if the customer baught into the scheme RIGHT NOW they could upgrade their room that very day!), you could get a very nice deal - we got about £85 just for listening to Leicester (from then on known as Pester) show us the delights of the even posher rooms. We just laughted at all the patter, then stood up & walked when it had stopped raining & we were bored! It has also given us a few good laughs over the past 10 months, and we baught some great souvenirs with our earnings!
We visited the spa for a massage and a few beauty treatments which were lovely and relaxing, if a little expensive, but really worth it if you want a little pampering.
Just a quick word about the beach. It was beautiful and clean, but the sand can be sharp - I did need flip flops, and the sea is good for snorkling near the shore, but you can't swim very far at all without having to climb over the 'whale' cushions or concrete false reefs. Not an easy task by what I could see!
El Dorado Casitas is honestly a wonderful place, and we would feel blessed to be able to return.

Room Tip: Try to upgrade to Casitas - we managed it for about £300 for 2 whole weeks.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Edson, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this resort. The staff are very kind, everything is beautiful, the rooms, the grounds, and the beach! The restaurants were lovely and we had a beautiful candlelight supper on October 26th, our 28th Wedding Anniversary. The only problem we had with the resort is that there are not enough golf carts to take everyone from place to place. Unfortunately, we had a lot of rain during our stay and the walk from our room to the lobby is 20 minutes. Making it in time for reservations and leaving events in the rain was difficult due to lack of golf carts.

The concierge was super though, Allen, Karen and Claudia, all nice people. Our room cleaner, Carlos was fantastic!

Enjoyed our trip but next time, we will be taking the family to a family oriented resort.

Room Tip: The infinity pool is lovely and the staff are constantly cleaning the pools.
Buffalo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My review is a bit late, due to the fact I am trying to forget I stayed at the resort. My husband and I traveled in May 2013 to the Casita's section.
Over the past 10years we have traveled every 4-6months to the Cancun - Rivera area and stay at Zoetry,Secrets (Maroma, Silversands, Capri, The Vines), Palace Resorts, and sometimes branch out and stay in 5 star boutique hotels. What saved us this time was we did stay at Palms at Playa for a few nights prior to arriving at Casita's. At least we had a fabulous time at a great boutique hotel before landing at Casita's.
The resort is very large and the website sells the resort as being intimate and private in the Casita area. Although you are ushered to your casita's concierge area for check it, the ride from the main lobby to the casita's is not a short ride. I can live with that.
What I hated about this resort was the swimming pools in the center of the casita's had no restroom facilities. Guest had to go to their rooms to use the facilities. This was a huge problem. After the 2nd day at the resort my husband and I could not leave the room due to a stomach bug. At this point I put it together that I never saw guest leaving the swimming pool area for hours and hours??? YUCK!
The pools were small and the lazy rivers were icky with grim.
The bars were nasty around the pools and drinks were severed in dingy plastic cups.
There was no food serve around the pool chairs. You had to get dressed and either walk for what felt like 1.5miles for food or take a chance at the tiny food counter at your pool.
The beach was terrible. The sand bags were ugly and the beach was not a pleasure to walk on.
The room was dated (TV set, furniture, terrible lighting) The balcony was not spacious enough to even sit on. The outdoor shower was nice.
Room service could take up to 1hr to receive.
Food in the restaurants was terrible. Fish selection was poor and sometimes fish appeared on the menu as Maui-maui and sometimes is was Sea-bass, however the maui-maui was what you always received. Food was terrible. Not consistent and not gourmet. Breakfast buffet was limited and small for such a large resort.
We traveled with friends who did not like to walk from the casitas to the main resort and the carts did run frequently.
Resort has lush grounds, but is dated in several areas.
We both had spa treatments that were overpriced. The spa looks like any spa you may go to in the US. Nothing fancy at all. And resort prices. I do not mind resort prices when the spa it's self looks special and offers great service.
I would not recommend this resort if you really want 5 star resort, treatment, and food. They are missing so much, it really shows when you expect 5 stars.
Really really disappointed. I would have not stayed at this resort unless I was meeting friends here. Sandals was on my list as run down, limited service, but this resort takes the prize.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, if you have to due to wedding guest, someone else pays, choose the cheapest roo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
KarismaHotelsResorts, Manager at El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for your detailed account of your stay , I have read your feedback and have carefully considered all comments in order to make improvements.

I 'm sorry that this stay did not live up to previous visit to the Mayan Riviera. our goal is to provide a superior vacation experience with high customer service and luxury quality and it is very disappointing to hear that we did not achieve this for you.

Please feel free to contact us directly as we can not identify your reservation from the details of your trip advisor profile.

best Regards

Olga Medina

Hotel Manager
gm@eldoradoroyale.com.mx

Been to El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma? Share your experiences!