“Great experience but kids kinda ruined it.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #254 of 491 Activities in Riviera Maya
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the best Swim with Dolphins program in the biggest natural aquarium of the world, Xel-Ha Ecopark.Delphinus Xel-Ha is inside the Xel-Ha Ecopark, located on the freeway of the Mayan Riviera just 10 minutes from Tulum.Our facilities in Delphinus Xel-Ha at Riviera Maya just like in all of our dolphinariums, are extremely comfortable for our dolphins and visitors. Dolphins enjoy in an area ten times bigger than the established by the Mexican Official Norms.
BC
“Great experience but kids kinda ruined it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

While on vacation recently we went to Xel'ha and my boyfriend convinced me I should swim with the dolphins. It was a great experience except there were two kids in my group maybe 5 and 8 who made it almost miserable at points. Their parents sent them to do it alone and these kids did not listen behave at all. We ended up spending half our 30 mins with the instructor trying to get them to listen to her. At the end the dolphin was frustrated and we had to go to a different one for our final jump. So everyone watching missed it and no pictures were taking of it, I was also told but others people watching that the other group got to.do a few more things in same time. Their should be a age rule or different groups for kids. As I payed the same as everyone else but got less. It's defiantly a great experience to swim with a dolphin and I would recommend it to anyone. Just watch who is in the group and try to get with one without kids that don't listen

• Polish first
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Photos a rip off!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Firstly this experience is amazing, we booked for the pair of us to do The Trainer for a day and it was a brilliant experience. The whole package is amazing value for money and people who had done the same thing at Seaworld had said the price was great in comparison. However after the day had finished we went to review the pictures and were told that each picture was around £45 , these were exactly the same quality as ones we had bought from the park earlier in the week at a cost of £10, or we could buy a DVD and picture for a massive $299!!!! that was double the amount of the cost to spend the day training them. The other people in our group were equally as astonished and we all went home with no pictures from the day. So although it was amazing and one of the best things I have ever done in my life, if you want a picture of it......sell your house before to you go to fund it ;)

New York City, New York, USA
“Buyer Beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The dolphin swimming experience was great. Five stars.

However: the bad part is we overpaid $40 per person when booking this experience (Xelha Dolphinclusive Primax). We found out a couple had booked it for $40 less with Solatino Tours. Definitely book with them so you can get the discount!!! Not like us who were totally dumb. We paid $230 per person and we could have save $80.

The other thing: we paid $260 for the video and USB, and we got four photos free (two big, two small). This package also comes with a photobook, which we DID NOT receive. We informed them we would be leaving the next day at 7:45 am. They said they would get it to the hotel by 6 am.

For the two reasons above, I am rating this experience as terrible - I think you should definitely do this experience, just make sure you get the discounted price and you receive the photobook (so probably not good to book this experience the day before you leave).

I have emailed delphinus and no response yet.

Anyway, I think it's very very very expensive to charge so much, but you should probably buy the video and USB unless your group is huge because it is a once in a lifetime experience.

We only had four people in our group which was nice.

“Dolphin photo rip off”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Swimming with the dolphins was great until I was shown the price of photos, starting price of $29 US dollars , riseing to an eye watering $210 US dollars
For 20 photos picked by others in a book plus DVD is just a total rip off ,.

Longueuil, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great place to go for a day! Really nice lagoon and many activities to do. Food is not that good, but it's a must go at least once.

Visited May 2013