Stayed 5 nights, the room overlooking the garden was spacious and spotlessly clean. Other reviewers have mentioned train noise, yes there is a nearby railway but was in no way an issue for us.
Everyone very friendly, breakfast lifted by little touches such as lovely home made jams! Dinner quality high and service attentive. Just a shame the weather was such that we could not take advantage of eating outside on the terrace.
A great little Auberge , centrally placed for the 'must sees' of the region. Would have no hesitation recommending or indeed visiting ourselves again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Between Blois and Tours, 5km from Amboise, this 18th century farm is situated in the middle of the Loire valley. Frannois and Helene Thevard, the owners since 2003, learnt the "Hotellerie" in 4-5 star hotels such as Martinez (Cannes), Savoy (London), Hotel de Crillon and Meurice (Paris) and Royal Riviera (Monaco). Now they use these experiences to offer their clients surprising high quality and professional service in a two star Hotel. They speak fluent English and German. 15 bedrooms, all renovated with bath and shower, Satellite TV. The (non smoking) restaurant (with shaded terrace in summer) has been awarded by 2 forks in 2005 Michelin guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Auberge de Launay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge De Launay Limeray
- Auberge De Launay Hotel Limeray
- Auberge De Launay France/Limeray, Loire Valley