We have eaten here several times over the past few years, and never been let down. The welcome is sincere followed by an aperitif in the garden, while menu selections are made.
The menu is varied but not so much that it is obviously freezer fare. All the dishes are fresh and appealing, with a good choice of wines, depending on taste and the depth of your wallet.
The staff appear to be almost a "family" and the service is attentive without being intrusive.
We have eaten at the tables in the Garden in summer which is refreshing and sweet scented, and inside the Restaurant in autumn / winter which was snug.
Prices ?..... very reasonable for the quality offered.
Return? ..... definitely ,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Between Blois and Tours, 5km from Amboise, this 18th century farm is situated in the middle of the Loire valley. Frannois and Helene Thevard, the owners since 2003, learnt the "Hotellerie" in 4-5 star hotels such as Martinez (Cannes), Savoy (London), Hotel de Crillon and Meurice (Paris) and Royal Riviera (Monaco). Now they use these experiences to offer their clients surprising high quality and professional service in a two star Hotel. They speak fluent English and German. 15 bedrooms, all renovated with bath and shower, Satellite TV. The (non smoking) restaurant (with shaded terrace in summer) has been awarded by 2 forks in 2005 Michelin guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Auberge de Launay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge De Launay Limeray
- Auberge De Launay Hotel Limeray
- Auberge De Launay France/Limeray, Loire Valley