“Should have read reviews...” 2 of 5 stars

You added Parador El Buen Cafe Hotel to your Saves list
Parador El Buen Cafe Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   381 Ctra 2 | Bo Carrizales, Hatillo 00659, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Hatillo
“Should have read reviews...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

There aren't a lot of choices in this area but if we had known what we were getting for our getaway money, we would have kept looking. The hotel was clean, everywhere, grounds included and the staff we dealt with were very pleasant, couldn't ask for nicer people. There were plenty of clean towels and soap and shampoo were provided in dispensers. That's where the good part ends. There was no hot water, phone or WIFI in the room. There was some kind of funky instant hot water fixture on the shower and we had to call the desk to show us how it worked...but basically, it didn't. I did get a WIFI signal in the lobby but that was in a different building. Furnishings and TV were old and there were no bedside lamps, no table and chairs even though the room had cooking facilities and a refrigerator...we had to eat carry-out on the bed. If it was furnished a little better, I could have given this place a better review because it is convenient to some really cool sights

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Maunabo, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We have stay at these hotel multiple times and the high quality of service and attention to detail remains . the staff is amazing and the rooms have been comfortable and immaculate. We have been staying in these parador for the past month and made it our favorite i have stayed here 4 times and i really love the staff and the clean rooms !!!!!

Room Tip: they have 2 rooms with two queen size beds the rest of double rooms are full size .
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

After reading different reviews I didnt know what to expect, but overall my experience was nice. The service was very pleasant, the rooms dont have much upgrades, but they are completelly clean. The surroundings were very nice, and you can't even hear the main street, which for me was great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Clearwater, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Prior to staying at this hotel I read the TripAdvisor.com reviews of this hotel. Having done that, I knew exactly what to expect and therefore I was not upset. To set the standard, you should be aware that the hotel is old. It has had some upgrades but does not have hotel grade fixtures. The rooms still use normal keys instead of key cards. Also, as it seems to make a difference, our room was on the floor above the lobby.

The hotel room was generally clean. The toilet had a paper seal on it indicating it had been cleaned, the refrigerator was open and unplugged, and I did not see any dirt. Having said that, however, the comforter on one of the beds had a sandy feel to it. This prompted me to inspect the sheets which all looked and smelled clean.

The service was not great. When I checked in I asked the clerk for extra towels because we were going to take a shower immediately and again in the morning. She said they did not have any extra towels. Also at check in I asked about WiFi. She said the hotel was equipped with WiFi but it was broken and she did not anticipate it being fixed before we checked out at the end of the weekend. She also told me the telephones in the room did not work. The lack of WiFi was a big issue for me but the telephone was not since I have a cell phone.

Someone posted on here that they had roaches in their hotel room. I did not see any roaches but I did see a small ant-like bug. I did not worry too much because it was the only bug I saw and I figured it could have easily fallen off of one of us when we came in since we had been outside exploring all day.

This is a no frills hotel. There was not an iron or ironing board in the room and all of the fixtures are of personal household grade rather than hotel grade. There is a pool but it is small.

The air conditioner seemed to work well and they do have a small pool. The hotel was quiet with minimal outside noise in the hotel room.

With all of the negatives in this post you would think I would not stay here again. Knowing what to expect though, I would stay here again if a better value was not available. There are not too many hotels around though so choices are quite limited.

Room Tip: Choose a room above the lobby.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Hatillo hotels

San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

My stay at Parador El Buen Cafe was very good the first thing i valued was the importance they gave me i was attended by Angelica the frontdesk she treated me with respect and was very funny , when i passed to the room it was nice and clean it smell fresh i evaluated the beds because i had read there not comfortable but my bed was very cozy i asked the frontdesk about the comments on there beds and she said they have been replaced she also said they are making many changes . the housekeeping named carmen was very nice also ely they are the responsable for my room being clean . I recomend these parador they have the best customer service !!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: ask for a pool side view excellent
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Florida City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

my visit was extraordinary the staff is amazing and super helpful the rooms are extremely clean they are very close to the camuy caves and the observatory my stay was great i saw them doing some updates they where changing beds and matress and painting hope that the next time i will have a better time but the staff is excellent and there housekeeping is extraordinary

Room Tip: The last rooms are very peaceful
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hatillo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I made reservations while on the move and was pleased with the friendly staff, quality and cleanliness of the accommodations. I enjoyed my stay & uses El Parador as my base of operations for excursions around Puerto Rico. Would definitely go there again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Parador El Buen Cafe Hotel? Share your experiences!