“Will return” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Punta Maracayo

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hatillo
Hotel Punta Maracayo
Save Saved
You added Hotel Punta Maracayo to your Saves list
Road #2 Km. 84.6, Hatillo, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hatillo
Starksboro, Vermont
“Will return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Just got back from visiting relatives in Arecibo Puerto Rico during the thanksgiving week. We stayed six nights with the friendly staff at Punta Maracayo Resort. The majority of the staff spoke both English and Spanish and made us feel right at home from check in to check out. Inez at the front desk was particularly nice to deal with. I would highly recommend the Punta Maracayo Resort for anyone looking for nice reasonably priced stay in the Hatillo, Arecibo area. We ate dinner at the restaurant and breakfasts at the snack bar by the pool. Both were great with definite Puerto Rican taste. Try the breakfast sandwich of ham, cheese, fried egg on the local bread sobao and eat by the pool. Very relaxing. The rooms were clean and well furnished with a balcony that looked over the pool; some had a glimpse of the ocean. Air conditioning, Dish TV was good and I was able to pick up the wifi if I sat on the balcony. You could walk about 200 yards to the beach. We felt safe at all times, but there is no substitute for common sense. The beach has a nice sheltered lagoon with little or no waves or currents very safe swimming. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Third floor east rooms can see a little bit of the ocean
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ponce, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Accessible, clean, affordable place next to the beach. Pool is great. Nice personnel and good service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

Service was excellent, the room was clean, nice air conditioning, clean pools wit colored lights at night and hot water in the pools and they are open 24 hrs. It had a quiet environmental just what you need to rest on vacations. We liked it very much. We recomended this place for a great vacation with your family. The only thing we didn't like were the Iguanas so close to the pool.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
maracayo, Manager at Hotel Punta Maracayo, responded to this review, July 10, 2010
Dear Guest!

Thank you for choosing Punta Maracayo Resort for your stay! Is so nice to hear you had a great time at our facilities and that you enjoyed your time with us. Our work team takes great pride in knowing our guest had an awesome time at our resort. We hope you visit us again!

Punta Maracayo Resort Management
NY NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

The hotel was pleasant and I had no complaints, until the front desk over charged me by one day. When I protested, they realized the error, then told me they not run the charge again to correct the same and to ONLY two options were: (1) they would give me a free day (Yeah, my flights leaves in three hours!); or I could wait for them to "write out a check from the Municipal Government (the hotel is owned by the City government), and it would take three weeks! Well, its not October 16! I called and they tell me "what, we don' t have no such record,etc", though I have a receipt and document from the front desk. I tried to communicate with someone over the telephone regarding my demand for repayment of the day they charged me. .. still waiting! DONT CHARGE, PAY CASH. .............and the m oral of this story, NEVER, EVER, TAKE ONE'S WORD.... I haven't learned learned that lesson, but you can. Hence, make sure the front desk is charging for the exact day.s. I wonder if they are pocketing the extra charges?!!!! Hummmm

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Punta Maracayo? Share your experiences!