“Awsome Place to be” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Eqbal Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Patiala
Hotel Eqbal Inn
You added Hotel Eqbal Inn to your Saves list
SST Nagar, Patiala 147002, India   |
Ranked #7 of 11 Patiala B&B and Inns
Patiala, India
“Awsome Place to be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Excellent.this is the best hotel in Patiala in my opinion. I do not know how staff of hotel were trained that they make you feel like king. Front office is highly helpful and co operative.The food was excellent. I enjoyed the morning buffet. Good hospitality. Good staff in the dining hall taking good care of us. Best Indian Food I ever Had.

I came for a business purpose and just stayed for 2 night,hope to visit this place again in future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dehradun, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The place is good to stay. The food is good prepared and presented well. The staff is co-operative. I enjoyed my stay. During my stay i got to know that some actors are also staying there for some movie shoot.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Panchkula, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

It's a nice looking hotel from the outside but unfortunately the stay does not match the imposing appearance. The staff are friendly enough, but the service is often deficient, and the facilities in the rooms are unpredictable to say the least. The cable TV often does not work due to "negative balance" (meaning they have not paid their subscription), it is touch and go whether you will get a newspaper in the morning, if you call housekeeping service you may or may not get any response, cockroaches are definitely a problem, and if you have a bathroom without a bathtub it tends to get flooded due to poor drainage. Also the hotel is built in such a strange way that the top two floors share a single large window which means that sounds in the room above can carry clearly down to the room below. The buffet service at breakfast also tends to be very slow. Basically the hotel seems to be very badly managed. If they could get rid of Mr Eqbal and bring in some more professional owner/manager then it has the potential of being a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The worst hotel i have stayed in for a long time. The rooms are DIRTY ! The toilets are filthy! The breakfast was terrible and staff is useless. Please avoid this hotel if you can. When the people in the next room are talking you can hear them and if the person living in the next room is watching TV late in the night, be prepared for sleepless night cause you can hear the TV next door ! Since it was cold i asked for a heater, which they gave, but was not working at all !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My business partner and I who posted a comment right below me here, could not have been more truthful about his review! We have been traveling the world (mostly business) over the past few years (mostly India) and until we checked in to that hotel, we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into.

When we checked into our rooms (I cant share a room with him due to his "snoring" condition), there was pee all over my toilet bowl, even though the housekeeper had neatly placed a piece of paper around the toilet saying "TOILET WAS CLEANED"! There was also a stingy smell of animal feces roaming in the air...very gross! But we had no choice to stay there as it was really late (1 am) and had an early morning drive to Amritsar.

Little that I know that some "screaming lady" would wake me up at around 5 am like she had been stabbed, just to realized that, wait a minute, the scream came from the room next to mine; CHAD!???? (who is a grown man who slightly look like the wrestler Steve Austin). I ran over to his room to find out that a rat had crawled on his face...I SAID A RAT!!!!!!!! I'm just like Indiana Jones when it comes to rats (why did it have to be...RATS!???). Anyways, we went down to the lobby to speak to a manager and that when the fun really began.

The managers SWEAR that the rats do not go into the second floor rooms...no non no, they STAY IN THE KITCHEN DOWNSTAIRS SHE SAID!!!! She seriously with believed with all her heart that the rats knew better then going upstairs!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE! After arguing with them for over an hour that we were not paying for one of the rooms, we grabbed our stuff and we left; Me with a sour taste in the mouth that I could have been the one waking up with a freaking RAT ON MY FACE and Chad with a simple taste of rat in his mouth...literally!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed at this lovely property on an official trip for a day, the hotel is conveniently located next to railway station the ideal place to go spend some time in the evenings. The Hotel staff is a perfect example of Indian Hospitality..the entire staff is very warm and they make you feel special may it be the staff at the portico or at the reception or at restaurant or on the floor they always take care of every guest.
Overall it was a short stay but one of the best Hotels I have seen over the years...
Keep up the good job

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Delhi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was told that this was once the best hotel of town so i reluctantly agreed to stay here. Reservations were made through our office and confirmation emailed to us.
When we arrived at the reception, to our surprise, the front desk had no imtimation! It took us all of half an hour to have them speak to our HR manager who finally sorted it out. Interestingly, during this half an hour i asked them thrice if they had rooms and can they just give it to us without wasting time and the answer to that was "We have plenty rooms - but lets sort this out!"
The highlights of the hotel were:
1. One of my colleagues room door didnt lock and therefore had to be shifted in the middle of the night
2. I had torn bedsheets and the spring of the mattress came through the mattress and cut me
3. Dirty glasses in the room
4. The shower door was broken and obviously no one cared to put it back there
5. Dirty Dirty Dirty
I wont go there ever!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Eqbal Inn? Share your experiences!