“Lovely location, simple but very clean” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Galvani

Save Saved
You added Hotel Galvani to your Saves list
Hotel Galvani
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Loc. Pontirola, 7 | Torri del Benaco, Lake Garda, 37010 Torri del Benaco, Italy   |
Ranked #24 of 27 hotels in Torri del Benaco
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Lovely location, simple but very clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

If you are looking for luxury don't stay here but if you want a clean, simple hotel with excellent views, If you get a room with a lake view, then you will be satisfied. The room we stayed in was simple and plain but had a nice bathroom and the air conditioning wasn't too noisy, it was a triple room on the side with balcony. The food here is quite simple, like the hotel. It is in a pleasant position off the beaten tourist track but right next to a road which is busy, So you do get traffic noise! We stayed for bed and breakfast and paid a fair price, hired a car and drove around the lake viewing different places each day and using the hotel more as base. You don't feel pampered at this hotel but it is a pleasant stay for a few nights, I certainly wouldn't stay for 2 weeks

Room Tip: Get one with a lake view, there are side rooms with lake view that are a bit cheaper.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

The Galvani hotel is situated on the front line on the Garda Lake. It is very simple, but at the same time practical and pleasant to stay in. Be sure to book a room on the side of the lake, because there is a second building, somewhat in the back of the yard. There are small heated pools, bot indoors and outdoors, a sauna and a steam bath. The personnel is friendly, but mostly prefer to speak Italian :). The cuisine is not bad, but do not expect miracles. BTW, in the morning, when waking up, you'll hear the birds singing and that is veeery romantic!

Room Tip: upper floors, overlooking the lake
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
St.Thomas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

Loved our stay here. Lake Guarda was a pleasant surprise...clean, not over-developed. The hotel & restaurant were lovely. Enjoyed walking to nearby village with a medieval castle...and felt we were "off the beaten tourist track" here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 nites in Sept while travelling around Lake Garda. Firstly it took forever to find the hotel from the ferry as it is located 15 mins from the centre town - no directions and you walk on a main road for some of the time with suitcases - there is only 1 taxi in the whole of the town apparantly. We didnt mind this as much tho - what we did mind was arriving into reception to be 'greeted' by the man at reception. We never got his name but it was easily the rudest reception we have ever got in a hotel. He didnt even say hello, just stared at us with an expression of 'what?' on his face. so we told him we would like to check in, we got a grunt, he moved at the pace of a snail and pointed where we were to sign...etc. really really rude manner, unbelievable and almost laughable really.. he then walked from reception to the lift, we followed because he had a key, not cause he said to follow!! got the lift with him in silence, then he walked into our pokey room, opened the balcony doors for us (woop de do) and walked out of the room.. not a word out of him, honestly we just looked at eachother in amazement at how arrogant he was. we had asked in our email booking 2 days previously for a lake view so my boyfriend went down to reception to enquire about it cause our view was of a bush. the same guy just litteraly laughed in my boyfriends face and told him he had emailed to tell us it was more pricey and he got not reponse. we had left on our hols when his email was sent so it wasnt our fault nor was it his either for that matter but the manner he had was riduculous, literally laughed in my boyfriends face. needless to say we had a sort of arguement with him and basically told him he was out of line. he argued in his arrogant manner repeatedly mentioning the email..blah blah!!! iv gone on enough now about him but i think you get the gist. we felt really unwelcome in this hotel, the other receptionist was nice, the girl but i felt sorry for her working with the other guy. the swimming pool was disgusting and the germans by the pool were very unfriendly.. the room was pokey, tiny bathroom and dated. end of the day - I would not recommend this hotel to anyone at all - there are much better hotels in the town to stay in where im sure you'd get better service - maybe even a smile!!!!!!!!! by the way this was the most expensive we paid in lake garda for a hotel but got the worst service!!! all the other hotels were lovely, friendly service and cheaper!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

Hotel is on a very busy main road all the photos on the net do not show the proximaty of the road. You do have lake views but the road noise is very bad. Shutters in the room do not keep out the light and along with the road noise you are certainly not going to get a lot of rest. Rooms are however okay. For a family run hotel found it to be very uninviting and unwelcoming. The owners were very rude and did not really feel that they were really bothered at our custom. We did not eat dinner in the hotel but talking to another couple they were not impressed. Breakfast was okay.
Although we had agreed a B&B rate for us and our daughter all staying in the one room they tried to add on 11 Euros per day for breakfast for my 3 year old on check out.
It is not a hotel with a warm welcome.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

I stayed in the Hotel Galvani when i travelled to Italy for a friend's wedding in June. I found the service to be fairly average but it was after my stay that the real problems arose.

I had given my VISA card details to the hotel in order to hold the reservation. I had made the error on the reservation e-mail of writing 24-27th of July instead of June but when i turned up at the hotel in June i was shown to my room without any mention of the error or the fact they they had no reservation for me.

I returned home blissfully ignorant that the hotel had made a reservation for me in July. The next i heard was the evening of the 25th of July when the hotel informed me that the full charge had been taken from my card as a result of a no show.

I contacted the manger immediately who was quite capable of speaking English on e-mails but couldn't understand a word i said on the phone conveniently. For someone who couldn't speak English he most certainly had a flare for sarcasm, I was told quite abruptly and rudely by mail that it wasn't his problem and that essentially he believed my story to be a complete fabrication.

I have tried to explain myself to him a number of times but have been completely ignored.

Surely when they typed my name into the system the reservation would have showed up or they should have mentioned something when my name did not appear when i arrived there in June. With both of these incidences considered i believe i was deceived completly by the hotel so they could charge me twice for one stay.

I would advise strongly that you never stay in the Hotel Galvani unless you wish to fill the pockets of a deceitful hotelier who runs a business where customer service and understanding are non existant.

• Disliked — The treatment of Customers
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Skive
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2007

Contrary to the guests who wrote previous reviews, we were very impressed with the hotel. Except perhaps for families with small children (one has to cross the road at a tricky point to reach the beach), the location is ideal: you are only a few minutes from the center of Benaco, and allowed to enjoy the breathtaking view of the lake from your room balcony or pool area without the stress of noisy/mass tourism, which characterizes many other spots around the lake. One senses attention to detail overall: from the tastefully appointed rooms (and bathrooms!), the fluffy towels and fine table linen and cleanliness of the facilities to the breakfast presentation, the quick response to the guests' needs and wishes, etc. - during our 8-day stay we had absolutely no complaints and will come back and recommend the hotel to friends!

• Liked — the decor and care of facilities
  • Disliked — ??
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Galvani? Share your experiences!