“Beautiful Mar de Jade” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mar de Jade Retreats Wellness Vacation

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chacala
Mar de Jade Retreats Wellness Vacation
You added Mar de Jade Retreats Wellness Vacation to your Saves list
Mar de Jade #1, Chacala 63715, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chacala
Edmonton, Canada
“Beautiful Mar de Jade”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I am so happy to share my wonderful experience at Mar de Jade. I was there with Anna Beaumont on a Sound of Being Retreat. Anna's singing retreat was fantastic...and I am so happy that we spent our time at Mar de Jade! The staff was exceptionally warm and welcoming...eager to help you in any way. The room I had was beautifully decorated with a huge bathroom. The food and the meals were fantastic - flavours and some foods that I had not tasted but crave even now...several weeks later. They were very accommodating when it came to special dietary requests, so everyone was happy! The yoga studio that our group spent time in was glorious with a stunning view and sound of the ocean! In fact, I think that all the views, the beach and the sunsets were gorgeous!
I attended the daily morning yoga class offered there and found Anya, their yoga instructor to be remarkable. Tours are available and any transportation is arranged with no hassle at all. Thank you! Their spa was beautifully nestled in the property, the services were well done and it was a joy to walk to the spa and all around Mar de Jade, the beach and neighbouring areas. A wonderful place to rest, relax, heal and find joy!

Room Tip: Different rooms available so check out what is best for you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This lovely resort is about as close as you can get to Heaven on Earth. Ideal for a yoga or wellness retreat with lovely yoga rooms overlooking the ocean. What a pleasure to meditate and do yoga to the sound of the surf crashing below, or to finish an afternoon yoga class while watching an incredible sunset. While graciously catering to everyone's particular food issue, the food was always fresh, delicious, creative and healthy. Our room was very comfortable and we were able to peacefully fall asleep to the sound of the surf after a full day of yoga, whale watching, hiking or just reading a wonderful novel while gently swinging in a hammock. Weeks later I still feel the positive effects of this glorious retreat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

It is a fantastic place. I'm sitting at my desk wishing I was still there. I keep playing the videos we took of the waves crashing on the beach and the sun setting over the ocean horizon. We have a quote at the yoga studio where I teach "How beautiful it is to do nothing and rest afterwards." That was definitely the theme of our week settling into the hot tub at the end of each day spent swimming and walking along the beach, passing luxurious hours swinging on the hammock engrossed in a good novel. In some ways, I want to keep this place secret for fear it will become overrun with drunk tourists, but I think it's a place that will naturally attract mindful travelers looking for a place to unwind, meditate, do some yoga, and eat great food. Happy travels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Mar de Jade was fantastic, we didn't want for anything! The facilities are beautiful, perfect mix of rustic and luxury. The staff is so happy, and truly enjoy making your stay as perfect as possible, they feel like your friends! The food is awesome, the facility is so special, the yoga studio we used on the ground floor is gorgeous, and if you're thinking of going - GO! I look forward to my next visit, I will definitely be going back. For now, I look forward to going through my photos and making my memory book! Thank you for a week of pure joy!

• Stayed March 2013
Potomac, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Mar de Jade is set in the ocean-front jungle of Chacala - about an hour and a half north of Puerto Vallarta. We went for a week-long yoga retreat from Feb 23 to Mar 2 - that's why we were able to go whale-spotting in a small motorboat and see several pods - really a thrill!
The resort itself is a lovely, peaceful, small haven, with gorgeous sunset views over the Pacific and welcoming, warm staff who were willing to do anything from preparing a special meal to helping my daughter with homeopathic medicine for a bee sting. The food was delicious - much of it coming from the resort's own organic farm...and my personal favorite - black beans and hand-made tortillas at each meal! Vegetarian (if not vegan) options at each meal -- and thoughtful presentation of balanced nutrition.
Our room was comfortable (though the shower leaked) - and you do need to be able to climb steps to get to most of the rooms. This is a place to visit when you want quiet, beautiful surroundings and soul-soothing options - a wonderful yoga teacher, AnyaDevi, was in residence while we were there - and the spa treatments are an extra treat.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Everyone and everything at Mar De Jade lends to a mellow stay.Quiet and peaceful at the pool,beach or in the rooms. The food is local organic and delicious.if you want a relaxing recharge vacation this place is perfect.
But you can fish, whale watch or hike to the dormant volcano if you need a break from the R&R!

• Stayed March 2013
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I spent a week at an educational retreat and found that it was incredibly well suited to be in a nourishing and nurturing setting aesthetically, as well as personally. The staff is very competent warm and helpful. The rooms simple but very clean and tastefully decorated. The organic food plentiful and delicious. Having a ocean right there to swim or take a walk on the beach was such a constant reminder of being away from the stresses and strains of daily life. Safe and secure!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Mar de Jade Retreats Wellness Vacation? Share your experiences!