I am very upset about the failure of the room keys and the wifi at this hotel. My daughter and I occupied two rooms here for 4 nights, 16-20 May, 2014. NEVER during our stay did the room keys work. Each time we left the rooms, we had to get a new electronic key at the desk. I had been in two hospitals in Paris with a leg infection and was allowed to fly to Milan to stay prior to my trans Atlantic flight. I reported these problems multiple times during my stay. At one time, the front desk clerk said the hotel received a bad batch of keys. Because of my physical condition, walking from the elevator to my room was very demanding and, when I had to return to the desk and repeat the process, it was more than an inconvenience. It was also dangerous because I had taken an injection of heparin in the stomach to prevent blood clots and was supposed to stay in bed with the leg elevated.
I left the room only for breakfast and one day, I became ill in the restaurant, returned to the room but was unable to unlock the door. I was also unable to return to the desk so I sent a text to my daughter who brought another key. By the time we unlocked the door, I had badly soiled my clothes and had to throw them away. I made a mess in the bathroom which I cleaned up because I was too embarrassed for the maid to do it. I used hand sanitizer on the tile walls and commode and soiled all the towels which I put in the bathtub. When the maid came to the room, she never went into the bathroom to get the dirty towels or left clean ones. She never cleaned the carpet. I called the desk, reported the incident, and the housekeeping supervisor came to the room with a maid. When I received another key, neither did it work. The maintenance man came to the room, tried 5 keys and only his master key opened the door. Even the key which was deposited in the electrical system failed to open the door. This was a CONSTANT problem, reported SEVERAL times. The other complaint is that the wifi also NEVER worked. I was without means to contact my family, my doctor, the airline. Because of this, I have an excessive cell phone bill. We reported the wifi problem multiple times only to be told that it was being worked on. When reading other reviews on this site, I find complaints with the wifi dating back TWO YEARS! The failure of the wifi was more than an inconvenience, it was actually life threatening for me as I failed to receive messages from the doctor in Paris informing me that the antibiotic he gave me was rejected by my body and that I needed it to be changed. However, I got his FIVE messages ONLY WHEN I RETURNED TO JFK AIRPORT IN NEW YORK. As a result, I suffered with the infection far longer than was necessary had I received his messages. I have been confined to my bed with the leg elevated higher than my heart for almost two weeks since my return. Your manager is incompetent and rude. I want a refund of my payment. If you cannot offer wifi, do not advertise it. It is false advertising with which no one on your staff wants to deal!
Your front desk staff was unable to get the manager to return a call to me or my room mate or my daughter and when finally confronted at checkout, he was rude. He is also absent more than present and is incompetent. I have stayed at Accor properties all over the world from your cheapest to your most expensive brands. The Malpensa Novotel is a disgrace to your company.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Milan Malpensa Airport is a modern 4 star hotel with 208 rooms, just a few minutes from Terminals 1 and 2 of Milano Malpensa Airport, 35 km from the Exhibition Centre and 40 km from the centre of Milan. Free scheduled shuttle bus to and fromthe airport. Ideal for business trips, with a Convention Centre offering 6 meeting rooms (240 guests), business corner and WiFi. It features family rooms for 2 adults and 2 children, NovotelCafé (open 24 hrs), bar, gym, garden, outdoor pool and garage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel Cardano Al Campo
- Cardano Al Campo Novotel
- Novotel Cardano Al Campo
- Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport Italy/Cardano Al Campo