“not quite up to standard” 3 of 5 stars

Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Al Campo, 99, 21010 Cardano al Campo, Italy   |
Special Offer
Breakfast Offer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I am very upset about the failure of the room keys and the wifi at this hotel. My daughter and I occupied two rooms here for 4 nights, 16-20 May, 2014. NEVER during our stay did the room keys work. Each time we left the rooms, we had to get a new electronic key at the desk. I had been in two hospitals in Paris with a leg infection and was allowed to fly to Milan to stay prior to my trans Atlantic flight. I reported these problems multiple times during my stay. At one time, the front desk clerk said the hotel received a bad batch of keys. Because of my physical condition, walking from the elevator to my room was very demanding and, when I had to return to the desk and repeat the process, it was more than an inconvenience. It was also dangerous because I had taken an injection of heparin in the stomach to prevent blood clots and was supposed to stay in bed with the leg elevated.
I left the room only for breakfast and one day, I became ill in the restaurant, returned to the room but was unable to unlock the door. I was also unable to return to the desk so I sent a text to my daughter who brought another key. By the time we unlocked the door, I had badly soiled my clothes and had to throw them away. I made a mess in the bathroom which I cleaned up because I was too embarrassed for the maid to do it. I used hand sanitizer on the tile walls and commode and soiled all the towels which I put in the bathtub. When the maid came to the room, she never went into the bathroom to get the dirty towels or left clean ones. She never cleaned the carpet. I called the desk, reported the incident, and the housekeeping supervisor came to the room with a maid. When I received another key, neither did it work. The maintenance man came to the room, tried 5 keys and only his master key opened the door. Even the key which was deposited in the electrical system failed to open the door. This was a CONSTANT problem, reported SEVERAL times. The other complaint is that the wifi also NEVER worked. I was without means to contact my family, my doctor, the airline. Because of this, I have an excessive cell phone bill. We reported the wifi problem multiple times only to be told that it was being worked on. When reading other reviews on this site, I find complaints with the wifi dating back TWO YEARS! The failure of the wifi was more than an inconvenience, it was actually life threatening for me as I failed to receive messages from the doctor in Paris informing me that the antibiotic he gave me was rejected by my body and that I needed it to be changed. However, I got his FIVE messages ONLY WHEN I RETURNED TO JFK AIRPORT IN NEW YORK. As a result, I suffered with the infection far longer than was necessary had I received his messages. I have been confined to my bed with the leg elevated higher than my heart for almost two weeks since my return. Your manager is incompetent and rude. I want a refund of my payment. If you cannot offer wifi, do not advertise it. It is false advertising with which no one on your staff wants to deal!
Your front desk staff was unable to get the manager to return a call to me or my room mate or my daughter and when finally confronted at checkout, he was rude. He is also absent more than present and is incompetent. I have stayed at Accor properties all over the world from your cheapest to your most expensive brands. The Malpensa Novotel is a disgrace to your company.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
malpensa07, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Client,
I already replied to your review the next week.

NOVOTEL MILANO MALPENSA AERPORTO
Chennai (Madras), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Only fit for a night stay. I booked for 3 adults , didn't inform us about no compli breakfast. I reconfirmed with the reception about breakfast and reconfirmed it with the front desk the previous day night also, only to get insulted when we had picked up some food to eat the next day morning (note no staff was there when we entered the restaurant). After a few minutes the staff just shooed us away. It was not about the money, but the way they treated us with no respect and feeling. When we took it up to the front desk lady, answer was just sir, may be the staff who confirmed the previous night was wrong. Another bitter experience the earlier night When I asked where can I get a Pack of cigar, they showed us the door and told us to 'find ourselves' It woulnt kill them to at least tell us where it was, i don't know why they call it a hospitality desk, we stayed 10 days in italy (Rome and Venice) and this was absolutely the WORST experience in terms of service. WARNING :DO NOT GO THERE

Thank you for taking the time to your review.
I checked with the staff and managers on duty during his stay.
Our breakfast room is open to all customers and clients with breakfast included that customers with breakfast not included. The staff on duty on the morning of your check-out has just informed you that breakfast was not included in your room rate.
Regarding the information for the cigars, the staff on duty told me that you are given your the information to reach the tobacconist.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Great location, not to far from the airport clean facilities, excellent front desk staff, the only issue was the unpleasant bar man, ignored customers at the bar whilst he counted his till. Very quiet room was large would stay again. Hopefully in the summer to try out the pool. Staff on check out we're very pleasant would highly recommend to stay here.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
malpensa07, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to your review.
I am very pleased to know that your stay was to your liking.
I ask politely if you can contact us directly to provide us with more details about the person who was working at the bar, in order to go deeper into the situation.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed one night with early flight out of the airport. Lobby and public areas are sleek and modern. Efficient and professional front desk staff. Rooms are quiet, spacious and spotless. Bathroom is huge, with both tub and shower. Flawless free WiFi. Buffet breakfast is included and was generous and good quality. Free shuttle to airport runs every half hour and takes about 10 minutes.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to your review.
We are very pleased that your stay was to your liking. Our staff is committed on a daily basis to keep the high standard of our hotel.
I hope to have again our guest.

Europe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a pleasant one night stay. The kids slept on the complementary sofa bed. When it was open, there was no empty space in the room, but it didn't bother us on a short stay. The restaurant was ok, I have seen much worse hotel restaurants. Apparently there is a shop (Carrefour Express?) about 5-7 min walk from the hotel.

We left on their first free shuttle at 5.00 to the airport and there was simple croissants and cookies + coffee and water available in the lobby.

You can expect the shuttle to take 20min as is goes first to Ibis, then to terminal 2 and finally to terminal 1.

Room Tip: We had a room facing south-west and it was quite hot. We left the air-condition to max for some time...
Dear Guest,

NOVOTEL MILANO MALPENSA AEROPORTO

Been to Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport? Share your experiences!