“Good value, simple stay for airport access” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Al Campo, 99, 21010 Cardano al Campo, Italy   |
Special Offer
Breakfast, parking & bus
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good value, simple stay for airport access”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed a night following a weeks med cruise and a North Italy road trip.
Normal 3/4star airport hotel..
Clean, good food, good showers, rooms ok and next to Milan airport where we has flight back to dubai.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
malpensa07, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear customer,
Thank you for taking the time to your review.
I am very glad that you found our hotel to your liking, and that our service was up to your expectations.

Guest Relations Manager
Novotel Milano Malpensa Aeroporto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
Ternat
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is the worst Novotel we ever visited! And following to that my most negative review ever... We spend 2 horrible nights in here (my husband en me and our 2 children). First of all the room was too small, very dusty (dust everywhere, on the water boiler, on the beds, in the bathroom...) and very hot. There was airconditioning but it was not working. The staff was not friendly. When we went to breakfast after a night of no sleep, the lady who was 'welcoming' us, did not say good morning, did not say anything at all. When I said: "Good morning, do you want our room number?" She just nodded, without a smile or anything. We had to look for a decent table ourselves... I think that lady was too old for the job or completely demotivated... I don't know... Breakfast was one very expensive big disappointment .... Where should I start?... First of all, we could not find a clean chair. Nor clean forks, knives or spoons. Everything was absolutely dirty. Second of all: no one was working over there!!! A couple of waiters were talking to each other while there was almost nothing to eat! We were not too late at breakfast (also because the sleepless night), it was maximum 8 o'clock in the morning. So it could not have been that... No one offered us coffee, the espresso machine was broken (too expensive??), the orange juice looked and smelled old and the food... Well, there was nearly anything! (see pictures). And that lady who was not able to produce a smile wandered over the floor. Doing absolutely NOTHING except looking sad. We could not understand it at all! Did the manager die the day before?? The place was like a funeral (but I think you can eat better on a funeral...). We always had good experiences with Novotels, but this one was really terrible... I don't understand any positive reviews the people give for this hotel. I think only one thing is good about this hotel and that's the shuttle service. We did not take it, but other people did and apparently that is working quite well. We were so happy after the second sleepless night to leave that I really wanted to tell the receptionist what I thought if she would ask how our stay was. Unfortunately she did not ask and I was too tired to start about it myself... In this hotel the staff was poor, poor, poor.... Pay them more or motivate them to give some service, please...

Room Tip: Look first if the airco is working
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
malpensa07, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would first like to thank you for the time spent in giving your opinion, whatever the feeling is.
First let me deeply apologize for the bad experience you had, I really can assure this was an exceptional lack of standard for us.
Our brand is strongly committed in training staff in relating with clients and beeing empathic and friendly is one of the attitudes on which we count most.

I really understand your disappontment and I am at your complete disposal should you like to contact us to give us more information and details on what happened.

Please accept again the apologies from me and the whole Staff.

Best regards,

Barbara Aiello
Guest Relation Manager
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip this month for 2 nights. The hotel is very well built, nice and hospitable staff.
The check inn process was fast and nice. Being a club accor plat I was offered and upgrade to executive room.
The room was big enough with lot of amenities, like espresso machine.
The breakfast was also good enough, overall a very nice experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
malpensa07, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Client,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
It gives me great pleasure to know that you found our hotel and our services to your liking.
The quality and customer care is our daily priorities.
I hope to have again our guest !
Barbara
NOVOTEL MILANO MALPENSA AEROPORTO
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel is very conveniently located towards Malpensa Airport, while at the same time almost on the motorway towards Milan or Turin. Across from it is an Ibis, and both operate a regular shuttles service towards both Terminals on Malpensa. Ample parking for those who need that. Great, newly furbished rooms and given the un-touristy location attractively priced. The restaurant exceded my expectations: not just a hotel kitchen but good local and international food, decently priced. The bar is open to midnight - a tad expensive, but that's just about the only complaint, if any. O - the breakfast is awesome. Best selection for every wish I've seen in a long time.

Room Tip: There are no great views and the noise of the motorway is far away. So, don't bother too much. H...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
The quality and customer care is our daily priorities.
I hope to have again our guest !

Barbara
NOVOTEL MILANO MALPENSA AEROPORTO
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Recently stayed in Novotel Milano due to it's location since I had a late arrival and early departure.

I stayed twice in Sep 2013 in this hotel and both time didn't have a good experience. Terrible Wi-fi. It was very slow and keep disconnecting so I had to constantly call reception and ask them to reset their modem. I tried the restaurant for dinner but got very disappointed. Restaurant open at 7pm and we were there at 8pm. Majority of dishes on main menu was not available. The only dishes available was from their special menu and that was pasta with very plain and tasteless sauce even the pasta wasn't properly cooked. If that happened in a different county I could understand but we're talking about Italy. For a 4 star hotel they didn't even have a shower cap. You can find shower cap even in the 3 stars hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
malpensa07, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear customer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Regarding your observation about the room, will submit in person to our office from what you observed.
As for the headphones for my hair is very strange what you tell me. Personally will investigate the incident, since we have such a product without any kind of problem.
I am very sorry about the connection problem. I think it happened at a time of bad weather, which has caused a great hardship on the line, fixed within a few hours.
I'm sorry to know that you have not found available dishes selected by you. Will investigate the incident personally as our restaurant offers a wide choice in our paper and the daily menu.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Hotel in general was excellent. Spacious room with modern design- very clean. Shuttles run perfectly on time, though their frequency isn't too great late at night/early in the morning. No big problem though.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am very pleased that you found our hotel and our services to your liking.
The quality and customer care is our priority everyday.
I hope to have again our guest.

Novotel Milano Malpensa AEROPOERTO
Perth Western Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great location, quiet, great amenities & close to Milano Malpensa airport made this the logical choice. Food was good & also catered for Gluten free diets which was handy although a tad on the high in price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am very pleased that you found our hotel and our services to your liking.
Our cuisine is distinguished by the Gluten free products are always available for our customers.
The quality and customer care is our priority everyday.
I hope to have again our guest.

Novotel Milano Malpensa AEROPOERTO

Been to Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport? Share your experiences!