“Not Happy” 3 of 5 stars

Expo by Night offer
Melbourne, Australia
“Not Happy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Recently stayed in Novotel Milano due to it's location since I had a late arrival and early departure.

I stayed twice in Sep 2013 in this hotel and both time didn't have a good experience. Terrible Wi-fi. It was very slow and keep disconnecting so I had to constantly call reception and ask them to reset their modem. I tried the restaurant for dinner but got very disappointed. Restaurant open at 7pm and we were there at 8pm. Majority of dishes on main menu was not available. The only dishes available was from their special menu and that was pasta with very plain and tasteless sauce even the pasta wasn't properly cooked. If that happened in a different county I could understand but we're talking about Italy. For a 4 star hotel they didn't even have a shower cap. You can find shower cap even in the 3 stars hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
malpensa07, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear customer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Regarding your observation about the room, will submit in person to our office from what you observed.
As for the headphones for my hair is very strange what you tell me. Personally will investigate the incident, since we have such a product without any kind of problem.
I am very sorry about the connection problem. I think it happened at a time of bad weather, which has caused a great hardship on the line, fixed within a few hours.
I'm sorry to know that you have not found available dishes selected by you. Will investigate the incident personally as our restaurant offers a wide choice in our paper and the daily menu.

Novotel Milano Malpensa Aeroporto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Hotel in general was excellent. Spacious room with modern design- very clean. Shuttles run perfectly on time, though their frequency isn't too great late at night/early in the morning. No big problem though.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am very pleased that you found our hotel and our services to your liking.
The quality and customer care is our priority everyday.
I hope to have again our guest.

Novotel Milano Malpensa AEROPOERTO
Perth Western Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great location, quiet, great amenities & close to Milano Malpensa airport made this the logical choice. Food was good & also catered for Gluten free diets which was handy although a tad on the high in price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am very pleased that you found our hotel and our services to your liking.
Our cuisine is distinguished by the Gluten free products are always available for our customers.
The quality and customer care is our priority everyday.
I hope to have again our guest.

Novotel Milano Malpensa AEROPOERTO
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had to catch an early flight from Malpensa and wanted to avoid rush hour traffic so I picked this hotel based on the price and the location. I was very positively impressed when I got there: not only is the hotel very easily accessible from the highway and is minutes to Malpensa , but it s modern, clean and spacious. It even has a pool with a very nice deck that I wished I had time to use!. The room was spacious except for the narrow and kind of "curvy" entrance, crisp sheets and nice sofa, perfectly lit and clean washroom with tub and shower.
They offer a shuttle service every 30 minutes to and from the airport and the ride is only about 3 minutes. Bar and sitting areas are also very nice and spacious.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Customer,
thank you for dedeicato the time to post your review.
I am very pleased to know that your stay was to your liking.
The quality and customer care is our daily commitment. I take this opportunity to inform you that our pool is open during the spring and summer, and is at the complete disposal of our customers. Our restaurant with terrace overlooking the pool is open from 12.00 am to 2.30 pm for lunch and from 07.00 pm to 10.30 pm for dinner.
I hope to avererla again our guest.

St. Joseph, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We, a group of seven, stayed at this hotel for an evening before boarding our flight back to the US. The staff was helpful in every regard. The hotel was very modern and spacious, something that we'd appreciated after all the narrow hallways and tight spaces in Venice and Lake Como. The shuttle to the airport ran every half hour like clockwork. We were able to take the shuttle to the airport and catch the express train into Milan for some last minute sight seeing. The restaurant was pretty average but the bartender was quite friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and quiet. I thought that at 95 euros it was a good value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
malpensa07, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I'm glad to know that he has found the hotel and our services to your liking.

Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Due to an early flight from Milan back to Malaysia , my friend and I decided to book an overnight at the Novotel Malpensa, at a great price including buffet breakfast.
The hotel is a short drive away from the airport by the included free shuttle bus , which departs outside Entrance gate number 10 in the arrivals level, although it used to be from gate 7 which was shown on my booking which was made in December 2012 (my fault for not re checking the information !!!)
This is a really outstandingly well maintained modern hotel with a nice swimming pool and cafe, and a games area for kids.
Since it was raining heavily we decided to try the hotel restaurant for dinner, and found the food to be excellent and moderately priced, and with a good wine and drinks selection.
The following morning we ate the buffet breakfast, which again was excellent with a wide variety of breads, croissants, fruit, muesli etc.
The bedrooms are very comfortable with separate bath and shower, and the TV had a wide variety of English language channels.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms should be ok
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
malpensa07, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear customer,
Thank you for taking the time to your review.
I am very pleased to know that you have found good in our hotel and that the service has been up to his expectations. All staff is daily engaged to maintain the high standard of our service.
Customer satisfaction is our absolute priority.
Refer personally to the kitchen staff and the restaurant staff your compliments.
Thank you again and I hope to have you again our guest.

Barbara

First Hotel Malpensa
First Hotel Malpensa
#2 of 10 in Somma Lombardo
4.0 of 5 stars 682 reviews

Been to Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport? Share your experiences!