“Feel like I am in India” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Sydney, Australia
“Feel like I am in India”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I am outside India for last 6 years. So I always miss Indian cuisine. But couple of days back when I went to Agnee. It was really awesome.

I am a chef by profession so I am veryy particular about my food... Honestly after dinning in Agnee I have no complain. The staff over there is so friendly. The service was excellent. The decor as well as the cleanliness was impressive. Most importantly the food served to me was so tasty and authentic, I am impressed.

Special mention for Chef Tej whose magical creation on my plate made me speechless. I really felt I am in India.. Thanks guys. I can say you r one of the best in Australia... Keep it up...
Jeet

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Gold Coast
“Fabulous Food and personal service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Thanks Cody and AJ for a wonderful experience. We just love our Indian food and after traveling to India we can highly recommend Agnee Indian if you are looking for authentic, beautiful food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“ONE OF THE BEST INDIAN PLACES ON THE COAST!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Well I love my food, and I love my Indian food, this place is awesome, food, service it has the lot, only thing it needs is more car parks so I stop parking in the disabled spots.

Burleigh Heads, Australia
“Great good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have eaten here for 2 yers now and the food is sensational I have eaten at many Indian restaurants around the world and this rates up there. The curries are amazing and AJ give such warm friendly service.
I recommend it!

Gold Coast
“Really don't understand the high ratings”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I feel bad for writing the review but felt the need to chime in because of the overhyped ratings this place has received. The place is nice, clean, friendly staff, but the food is honestly one of the worst indian foods I have ever tasted. The first time I had a meal here was takeaway and it wasn't very good, I thought I maybe had bad luck on the day and decided to give them another chance and dined in the restaurant recently. The pappadums were terrible, the vindaloo tasted like tomato sauce with way too much chilli. I love spice and am very tolerant to heat, but when all you can taste is burning in your mouth, then something is wrong. The coconut rice tasted nothing like coconut and the naan bread was brought out about 30 minutes before the mains. I mean, naan is traditionally used to scoop up the food in Indian cuisine, why would i want it as an entree?

I can't fault the place for anything but the food, but as a restaurant that's what makes me want to come back.

For alternatives of MUCH better Indian food, i'd recommend going to Anand Sagar in Nerang, Delhi Darbar in Surfer's Paradise or Krish in Varisty Lakes (avoid the other two as they aren't nearly as good).

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere