“Poor service - average quality.” 2 of 5 stars

(07) 5575 1155
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
“Poor service - average quality.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Returned to Just-Eat after being away for a few months excited to get stuck into some of eddies goodies with a friend who had never been before. After placing our orders with the friendly waitress and having the food came out, noticed my friends dish wasn't what he had ordered and politely brought it to the attention of the waitress who was very appologetic. Then Eddie (owner/chef) popped his head out the kitchen and asked if my friend could eat it as is. At $16-20 a dish my friend wanted what he had specifically ordered. When the food came out after much delay Eddie told us we had to eat really fast or put our food in takeaway containers and eat elsewhere because he wanted to close. This was 45 minutes from the close time on the door. The food was not as good as i had rememberd quality of food was down from what it use to be and the service was poor. For the money there are better options in the area where your not rushed out the door to made to feel uncomfortable. After recommending this place to everyone in the past I wouldn't go back or recommend amymore as the past two times I've been this year have been extemly poor.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
australia
“Good take away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Being located inside of the petrol station might be the most unlikey spot that you will find this sort of flavours. Its Eddies asian and Thai mix ( eat ) and the locals are usually eating there all of the time. Not much seating but its also got good take away.

Visited April 2012
“The best food on the Gold Coast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011 via mobile

I go to Just Eat at least once a fortnight to eat in or takeaway. Their chicken katsudon is to DIE for, and the tempura is incredible! There is nothing on the menu that I don't like. Service is extremely friendly and prompt, I don't think I've ever waited longer than 10 minutes for my food, even with a group of people. It's a small, intimate restaurant and the chef always enquires as to whether we enjoyed our food. It's extremely well priced, around $15-$17 for a hearty meal. It's in a really convenient location too, and I really enjoy that you can see inside the kitchen from where you sit. Absolutely definitely the best Thai on the GC and I would recommend to anyone who asks.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gold Coast, Australia
“Informal dining, delicious authentic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

A friend had recommended Just Eat and so recently I went there on a Saturday evening.

Its a very small Japanese/Thai restaurant/take away located in an unusual position (you don't go there for the outlook) adjacent to a petrol station overlooking a carpark. There are a few other restaurants/ take aways nearby. Just Eat has approx 10 tables (maybe less, can't quite remember) so service is very prompt. Its not the kind of place you would linger in after eating - reasonably stark surroundings, however the tables do overlook the open kitchen which we liked. The waitress was friendly as was the chef and he enquired as to whether we enjoyed our meal.

The menu is quite varied and interesting and we struggled to make our choices, however chose to share the Gyoza (dumplings) to start with. My hubby had the Tom Yum soup and I had the Thai Curry Noodles (soup). Good sized portions and just the right combination of noodles, meat and veges. Delicious and very reasonably priced.

We'll definitely be back again ... to work our way through the menu!

• Visited August 2011