“Simply Delicious...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Currumbin
Cuisines: French
Description: We are an elegant casual restaurant on the Gold Coast, Queensland, providing a French inspired menu with an Australian twist.
Greater Brisbane, Australia
“Simply Delicious...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Tucked away in a quiet corner of Currumbin, far from the gourmet glitter-strip of the Gold Coast, you will be drawn by [the Allure of] this exquisite little French Gem. From the outside it looked very modern and ordinary, hard to believe that it is rated one of the top 50 in Australia.

However, once inside the simple elegance of the best French that you have ever tasted - with a nice Australian twist – will have you asking for more, from this really sophisticated little jewel.
A rainy night for a special birthday dinner out and only one waiter on the floor, as bookings were few. Sadly, for him the restaurant was fully packed with walk-ins by 8pm and we cannot say enough about [that waiter] Manu was. He did a superior job handling the whole restaurant, taking care of everyone, alone without the smallest delay or misunderstanding. His smoothness, calm and attention to detail, were as crisp and efficient as the pure white linen table clothes and his friendliness as inviting as the provincial décor within this contemporary restaurant.

The meals here start with a small appetizer of Creamy warm truffle and cauliflower jus which was perfect to ward of the chill set in by the rain. My partner started with the Scallops and Pork Belly and for me – something I haven’t enjoyed since childhood – traditional French Onion Soup with big cheesy croutons. Delicious is an understatement for both. They were mouth-watering the scallops beautifully presented and well balanced.

One niggle: waiting for the main meal, which was perfectly timed, we felt perhaps the one improvement to the evening could have been the addition of dinner rolls being served before the entrée, giving us time to contemplate the menu and our main course and complement our wine. In addition, my partner felt that perhaps instead of the highly refined white bread roll, a better quality provincial sour dough roll, with a saucer of olive oil and salt – for dipping – would have been much appreciated. As much as the appetizer was very impressive, a dinner is usually the first thing to arrive afterwards that makes the lasting impression.

Main course – to go with the lovely red – was an absolutely awesome piece of Eye fillet wrapped in bacon and char-grilled to medium perfection in Red wine jus! Truly one of the best I have ever had in [or out] of Europe. The Potato gratin and mushrooms that came with it, heavenly.

My partner will vouch the fish of the Day – Snapper – with asparagus and a fabulous lemon sauce. Both the presentation and flavour were a total knockout, along with the wild berry sorbet that cleaned the pallet in between each course.

Desert was beautifully presented in an edible caramel lattice cup, but with nothing spectacular inside, just fruit and more sorbet; but still above average simply looking at it as artwork on a plate, more than flavour. A nice sauce would have helped.

Overall, we could not fault this restaurant in any way. It’s expensive, probably left for special occasions, but worth every cent. You will enjoy a meal here whose memory will last forever. Superb!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Imthechef, Owner at Allure on Currumbin, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Wow! Thank you so much for your very kind review Lilla. We are so glad you and your partner had such an enjoyable evening and were able to experience some wonderful food and wines.

Manu is a fantastic addition to our team and we are very glad you enjoyed his service. Walk-ins can make staffing difficult but Manu rises to every occasion and enjoys making each guests evening a wonderful experience to remember.

We know we are getting something right when our guests have a mouth watering experience. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with others.

Queensland, Australia
“Wonderful Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Our family of four dined at Allure for a Friday dinner. We were warmly welcomed by the host and were seated inside. The décor and ambiance were welcoming, tables had white tablecloths and tasteful decorations and the staff friendly. We all started with entrees, oysters, crumbed brains and pork belly and scallops. All dishes were well presented and tasted great. For mains we tried lamb cutlets, filet mignon, duck and prawns and all were of a very high standard with both taste and presentation and all meals were of a good size. The little extras of a tasting of cauliflower puree with truffle and a palate cleanser of honey drew melon sorbet was a nice touch. There was not a complaint about any of our dishes. there was lots to choice on the menu which included GF. We tried the chocolate mouse dessert and affogato and these did not disappointed. We had a great night, good food and wonderful service and will be looking forward to our next visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Imthechef, Owner at Allure on Currumbin, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Hi Robyn

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a lovely review. The staff and I are so glad we were able to help make your family dinner such an enjoyable evening.

It is great that you were all able to try such a wide selection of our dishes. We have recently updated our menu to include Gluten Free options so that there are lots of choices for everyone.

So glad you enjoyed your evening and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

“Dining Done Right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife and I dined at allure on a busy Saturday night. It was a fantastic night filled with incredible, authentic flavour, service and ambiance.

We were warmly welcomed into the restaurant and led to the courtyard dining area at the side. It was tastefully decorated and well lit. The tables were adorned with crisp linen, silver cruet set, weighty cutlery and a single carnation. The little stainless steel table number ring looked out of place though.
The service was personable throughout and everyone genuinely appeared to want to make our night memorable. Everyone seems to have their own roles which are not interchangeable. This may make for a longer dining time but we were in no hurry and were happy to soak up the atmosphere.

I had come to make 'Un Cochon' of myself and did just that.
My wife watched as I had two courses to myself before our main courses arrived.
I started with 4 fat juicy oysters protected by just charred leek and crab gratin.
Next I had the oxtail croquettes, devine. Served with a delicate cauliflower purée that delivered the touch of truffle as promised.

My wife chose one of the nights specials, pork belly, truffle mash, cider jus and crisp apple salad. I had the chicken ballottine of prawns and lobster, fondant potatoes, truffled carrot and a wonderfully rich jus.
Both dishes were beautifully presented without being overtly arty. Each element retained its individual flavour but added to the total ensemble.
My wife was smart and saved room for desert, fluffy crepe Suzette and a good vanilla bean ice cream. I would have gone further with some French/international cheeses had they been on offer.
All together a tremendous meal. Dining done right.

Imthechef, Owner at Allure on Currumbin, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Hi Daniel

Thanks for the glowing and detailed review. We're always so grateful when guests take the time to let others know of us.

So glad you and your wife had a wonderful evening with us and enjoyed the food, surroundings and service. Nice pick up on the roles of the team - we're trialling this and it seems to be working very nicely. The quality improvements have been quite remarkable and our guests have told me they like the style of service very much, so we'll continue on.

Nice work with the oysters, Oxtail and Chicken dishes! Glad you and your wife enjoyed your meals so much.

And well done to your wife for saving room for dessert!
My tip for you should we enjoy your company another night .....save room for profiteroles. They're divine :o)

Thanks again for your very kind words. It's very nice of you.

sydney
“Top Class !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Went

Went to Allure after reading trip adviser. Was fairly quiet at Sunday lunch as you would expect on a sunny hot day. I would imagine the nights would be buzzing. Food was some of the best we have had. There were 4 of us so we got to sample quite a few dishes. And cannot decide which was our favourite. Food was simply stunning and very fresh. Not cheap but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Decor very french chic and all class. Bravo. A must to try and we can't wait to return.

Visited January 2014
Imthechef, Owner at Allure on Currumbin, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thanks for your kind review.

Yes Sunday lunch is one of our quieter times, especially in summer. Glad you were still able to enjoy the French atmosphere whilst trying some of our exceptional dishes. Brad, our chef and owner personally selects all of his ingredients on a daily basis to ensure he is cooking with the best and the freshest ingredients. I know I'm biased, but I'm with you: I can't pick a favourite either!

Look forward to seeing you at Allure again.

Cheryl and the Team.
Mermaid Beach, Australia
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is the first time I have written a review but just had to share our experience at dining at Allure. This was a celebration for my birthday and myself, partner, 2 daughters and daughters boyfriend. I cannot speak highly enough about the setting, service and food that this restaurant offers. We booked to sit out in the courtyard which had a lovely setting and feel to it. From the time we walked in until we walked back out it was a wonderful experience. The food was the best I have eaten at a restaurant and the waiting staff exceptional in their appearance and professionalism. I honestly believe you would have a difficult time finding a better dining experience. It is truly a credit to the owners and staff. We will definitely return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hello Bronwyn

Thank you for your very kind words. We find it truly rewarding being able to provide our guests with an enjoyable dining experience and when they take the time to write a review to share it with others we are always grateful.

So glad we were able to play a small part in helping to make your birthday a wonderful day.

Kindest Regards