“Peaceful picturesque” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Gold Coast Resort

You added Mercure Gold Coast Resort to your Saves list
Mercure Gold Coast Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Palm Meadows Drive | Palm Meadows, Carrara, Queensland 4211, Australia (Formerly Radisson Resort)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carrara
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gold Coast
“Peaceful picturesque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I booked direct on website and got better deal than wotif using the standby upgrade. Our spa didn't work so we reported it and were immediately moved with an upgrade and refunded the original upgrade fee! Concierge service excellent. Pool is great and views over golf course gorgeous to wake up to . Shuttle bus runs all day tickets for $10 if u don't have car as a little off the beaten track and out of broadbeach. Great value for money top class hotel.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I recently stayed at the Radisson Resort Gold Coast to attend a friends wedding that was being held in one of the various surrounding golf courses (Palmer's Colonial Gold Course).
We arrived at 11:30am onto the driveway to be greeted by a very friendly concierge/valet attendant, he welcomed us with smiles and offered to run the luggage to our room but as I did not have much I opted to carry it myself.

Reception staff were quick to greet me which is always nice and they were able to check me into a room straight away which is always a bonus depending on hotel policy etc.

My room was in the 'Ibis Wing' overlooking another golf course and had all the usual bits and pieces that a guest could want - nice large 42" TV with movies on demand, FOC internet via cable (free wifi around lobby), large king sized bed with triple sheeting & a decent older style bathroom. I noted the mini bar had some pretty decent prices also ($6.00 for a Pure Blonde) so I thought I'd better use that service :-)

Breakfast the next morning was very busy which is pretty standard on a Sunday morning at 9am (fortunately I know about this rush so we got there well in advance). With plenty of other wedding groups staying that weekend it always puts pressure on the Brekky team at peak time but they seemed to handle it quite well and the food was an average standard in my opinion.

Check out was easy and completed my quick stay at the Radisson.

** One issue that my partner faced was when she went to park the vehicle, I had told her we were in the 'Ibis Wing' but apparently the signage in the carpark only says Block 1, Block 2 etc etc and no mention of the bird names..... So maybe something to look at there from Management assuming my partner's issue was a valid one.

Overall - yes I would return and recommend the place, seems to be a well run operation and taking into consideration the age of the property it still presents well and is comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Booked the accommodation based purely on price and the closeness of the location to Brodbeach and the theme parks.
Was REALLY surprised at the facilites we got for the price we paid on Wotif.com
Place had free in room internet, and free parking.
The Buffett breakfast was $27 each. But the ammount of good food on offer made it worth the money.
The pool was lovely and picturesque, howver because we were there during school holidays, was occupied occupied by kids during the day and then teenagers when it got dark.

After reading some of the reviews on here I thought the facilities might be a bit run down. But it was great!

The only thing I would fault the room on was that the shower glass needed to be a bit bigger (or have a door or curtain), and the extractor fan in the bathroom was a little asthmatic.

I would definately stay here again and would recomend it to anyway goign to the gold coast.

Buderim, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

As frequent travellers to the Gold Coast, we always chose to stay at the Radisson for it's location and parking facilities. My only 'complaint' this time as a Club Carlson member and a frequent guest at the Radisson was that I had to pay for an upgrade and was not offered any breakfast deal on booking in - as another reviewer was offered. On checking in early evening, I was somewhat disgruntled that someone else checking in beside me was given a complementary upgrade even though not a Club Carlson member and when I pointed this out to the assistant at the desk, I was not very satisfied with his explanation. Though I would thank the Front Office Manager for her attention to my comments when I was checking out. Her attitude was most recommendable.
We had invited a group of friends to lunch with us at Chelos - initially service was curt and not very friendly - something I have found in the past at this restaurant from the same staff - this really has to be addressed. My guests were certainly not impressed and they would not return to the restaurant.
Whatever my negative comments from this trip - the Radisson will always be our choice of accommodation at the Gold Coast.

Room Tip: A Garden Spa Room is a good choice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

After reading some of the reviews of this hotel, I thought I may have picked the wrong property for redemption of my Club Carlson points but this proved not to be the case. Stayed three nights in a Garden Spa Room which was comfortable and generally well maintained although very noisy at times due to the group tour focus of this hotel. Service was very good throughout and we made good use of the pool and fitness center. Plenty of free parking under the hotel. Easy access to Broadbeach and surrounds by car. Had one dinner and one breakfast in Chelos which were good but so many excellent venues to eat only ten minutes away. The free in-room wi-fi was very welcome.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at the Radisson on Saturday night from Wotif, good size rooms, comfortable bed and well priced. We ate at the Restaurant that night and must say the food and service was impeccable, well done to all.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I spent a day at this resort. We booked one of the golf view rooms thinking we could get a good view of the course and some activities, but to disappointment we got a 1st floor room and facing a large sand pit area of the golf course, not a pleasant view from the room balcony, plus it was a pretty old room, cleanliness is ok but can't expect much from an old room. Good points Were staff service , heated jacuzzi and pool and a nice restaurant..

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Mercure Gold Coast Resort? Share your experiences!