“Nice family stay on the gold coast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandcastles on the Broadwater

Save Saved
You added Sandcastles on the Broadwater to your Saves list
Sandcastles on the Broadwater
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   392-398 Marine Parade (entrance off Parker St), Labrador, Queensland 4215, Australia   |
ADL
“Nice family stay on the gold coast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

I was pleased with being able to check into the apartment a couple of hours prior to check in time. The apartment was spotless and the cleanest I've seen, though some marks on the wall made it look a little worn. The sofa, tables, bed etc. were in excellent condition and extremely clean. The main carpet stairwells were a little worn.

I had booked a 2 bed apartment with spa. But there was no spa in sight. I wasn't too bothered about this, as there were 2 bathrooms with showers. I found a good deal on the internet, stay 7 nights and pay 5 nights.

We did however find some little beetles in the room and after I talked to the lady she instantly offered a new room - an upgrade to a 3 bed with spa. She was very apologetic and very helpful, but I don't blame the hotel, it's really just a product of living in Qld. Most houses get them now and again.

The new room, like the original was also spotless. The crib supplied by the external company could have been a bit cleaner, so we slept together in the bed.

Parking is included and you get your own key to the underground parking lot. Single space for 2 beds, double space for 3 bed.

It was very close to labrador beach and well located with road links.

The pool area and bbq area were also extremely clean and very well maintained - I never once saw any rubbish, tissues or anything lying around. The pool is a good size too, with shallow areas for kids and enough length for those of you wanting to do laps.

Overall very happy with the place, good features, fully equiped, spotlessly clean and tidy, but a few dents in walls detract a little. Would happily stay there again and will be our first choice next time we go to qld.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

My partner and I stayed at Sandcastles last year and would most definitely recommend to family and friends.

I spent quite a while researching apartments for our trip away and Sandcastles made our top three instantly. Its not located in Surfers, its only a short drive into Surfers which meant it wouldn't cop all the noise that somes with staying in a property in the heart of Surfers would, plus it has free parking.

Staff were very helpful on booking, and it was a very good price for the 7 nights we stayed. I requested a room facing the ocean and was given on, unfortunately it also meant that we were right on the main road, so leaving the balcony door open during the day wasn't a great option while watching TV due to traffic noise.

Kitchen facilities were great although our particular apartment had blunt knives, but thats not a big deal. Comes with everything you would need, we just went shopping for all the food.

The bedroom and bed was nice and the bathroom was smaller than I would have liked but still fine.

The outdoors area was very well presented and there was a very nice pool and spa. We saw the gym but didn't use it so I can't really comment on that.

The only issue we seem to have with the property (and its probably not the property's fault) but we didn't have mobile phone reception in the apartments at all which was slightly odd.

We are located on the first floor as well and there are no lifts in the property, so if you are booking a 2 - 3 bedroom, i think they are on the higher floors - so beware but its not a huge amount of stairs, i think there are 3 floors in total.

Overall, great stay and very happy with our choice.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandcastles on the Broadwater? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sandcastles on the Broadwater

Address: 392-398 Marine Parade (entrance off Parker St), Labrador, Queensland 4215, Australia
Location: Australia > Queensland > Gold Coast > Labrador
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Swimming Pool
Ranked #3 of 6 Specialty lodging in Labrador
Hotel Class:4 star — Sandcastles on the Broadwater 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sandcastles on the Broadwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sandcastles On The Broadwater Hotel Labrador
Sandcastles On The Broadwater Labrador, Gold Coast, Australia

If you own or manage Sandcastles on the Broadwater, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.