We have stayed here 5 times in the last 7 years each time for 6/7 weeks. It was a great find for many reasons, like location, comfort, security and facilities. On our first visit we planned to hire a car, but found this not necessary because of the excellent public transport and the two bus stops outside the apartments. We soon had GO Cards (like Oyster) that took us on buses, trains and on Brisbane river ferries at the best rates and with no fuss and automatic on line top up from our credit card. In our first two visits we did all the tours we wanted to that were booked through the Reception at the apartments. Each of these was excellent in its own way.
The apartments themselves are large, comfortable, well equipped and with stunning views out over the Broadwater. From the very large balcony there is an ever changing vista of life on the coast that starts before dawn and lasts all day. There is an excellent and private swimming pool on the second floor that is just perfect for lazing and sunbathing for most of the day. In the apartment are all the things you need to live like you do at home from the fully fitted kitchen to the laundry cupboard in the bathroom. It would take us just a few minutes to be settled in for a good long holiday.
On our first 4 visits we had a slight problem doing our large moving in shop. This year we solved this by doing an on-line shop with Coles, the supermarket, before we left home and which arrived as planned just 2 hours after we arrived. This worked so well we used the facility 3 more times during our stay.
The apartments are under new management this year with Paulette and partner John leading and supported by lovely Aime who we have known for some time. There is a new air of efficiency and helpfulness which meant that no query was left unsorted and no request turned down. Very helpful and welcoming. John even took me to that drinks emporium - Dan Murphy's - the biggest drinks shop I have ever seen - and introduced me to the Returned and Services League monthly lottery - with an apartment as first prize.
The location just across the road from the sea means plenty to see and do. Getting around is just so easy with Surfers Paradise a 20 minute bus ride away and entertainment facilities in easy reach north south and west. Shopping malls are abundant and stylish and there is even the Harbour Town Outlet Centre just 10 minutes away. So every retail need is met. We joined the Southport RSL some years ago and visit 2 or 3 times each week. We even encouraged our local friends to join. Two for one dinners on Tuesday being a popular evening.
If you are looking for long stay in comfort, with excellent facilities and a feeling of security this is the place to be, where any concerns or worries are resolved at the Reception desk by the most helpful and friendly team.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the shores of the magnificent Gold Coast Broadwater, the Grand Apartments have uninterrupted views of the Gold Coast Skyline and lush tropical hinterland. The spacious one and two bedroom apartments are perfect for families as well as longer staying guests looking for a contemporary home away from home on the Gold Coast. Conveniently located in a tranquil beachfront position, just north of Surfers Paradise, the Grand Apartments are just a short drive or bus ride to the Gold Coast’s famous surf beaches, theme parks, attractions and major shopping centres. Within strolling distance of the resort is a myriad of cafes and restaurants, scenic beach side boardwalks, parks and an all-season swimming lagoon. But you don’t have to leave the grounds for a great holiday experience. The Grand Apartments feature a breathtaking infinity-edge swimming pool with heated spa, decorative waterfall and stunning Broadwater views. There’s also a fully equipped gymnasium, sauna, steam room and games room for the children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your The Grand Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Apartments Hotel Labrador
- Grand Apartments Labrador
- Grand Apartments Hotel Labrador
- The Grand Apartments Labrador, Gold Coast, Australia