“Great place to unwind” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort

You added InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort to your Saves list
InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Manor Circle | Sanctuary Cove, Hope Island, Queensland 4212, Australia (Formerly Hyatt Regency Sanctuary Cove)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hope Island
Brisbane, Australia
“Great place to unwind”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

It is unusual to use a hotel that is less than an hours from where you live but this weekend was different. The aim was to get away for a weekend and just unwind with my wife who is very patient with my regular business travel.

The Intercontinental at Sanctuary Cove is brilliant. I am IHG Platinum Elite so they upgraded me to a Lagoon Room view at the quietest end of a building. They made us feel very welcome and delivered on comfort and relaxation.

The Hotel is minutes for the shops, cafes and restaurants in the Sanctuary Cove village which is a bonus as it is almost impossible to get into the Fireplace the signature restaurant in the hotel because the Intercontinental is a popular venue for weddings and heavily booked most weekends.

For a refreshing and relaxing retreat with someone you love this is a great place for a getaway.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Monique H, General Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Terryl-55,

As a loyal and valued elite member of our IHG Rewards Club it is a delight to read your great review.

I am so pleased that you had a relaxing weekend with your wife and we look forward to you visiting again when you need a quiet getaway!

Kindest regards,
Monique

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful place to stay
We had a lovely room that looked out over one of the golf course with a very good quality bed. The rang to book golf for the hubby and they made it all happen with out a problem, all the staff at this resort are a credit to them nothing but smiles and a offer of help at every turn thank you we will be back and next time it will be for longer than a week end

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear iamkelly,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled that you had such a great stay and thank you for acknowledging my wonderful team. I agree they are fantastic!

We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer visit!

Upper Hutt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in September and it was great. The grounds are beautiful with a lovely warm swimming pool and spa right I the centre. My room was dated but the new owners Intercontinental were well on their way to modernising every room. Even so it was spacious and had almost everything we needed. Service was great as well from the check in to check out.
My only thing would be that they look at their WiFi charges, very expensive and most hotels these days don't even charge.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to all who want a quiet relaxing time away.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear maureen55,

Thank you for your great review, I am delighted to read that you had such a lovely stay with us.

With regards to free WiFi, we do offer this benefit to our IHG Rewards Club elite members, so may I suggest joining this program. It offers fantastic benefits and is free to join!

Wishing you safe future travels!

Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed in this Hotel for my littel brothers wedding, with the wedding also being on the grounds.
The whole hotel, grounds and catering staff were amazing!
We stayed with the children and there was plenty to do, the pools and the shops close by were lovely.
Our entire famly thought it was an amzing venue for the wedding! Both for accommodation and the reception!

Room Tip: The roooms overlooking the lagoon pool and the marina are definitely the pick with fantasitci outloo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear cbomb5,

I am so pleased to read that your brothers wedding celebration with us was such a success and that you were able to enjoy our fabulous recreational facilities during your weekend with us.

I have shared your feedback with the team and we all look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We enjoyed a beautiful holiday here. The beds were extremely comfortable, the gardens very beautifully manicured, swimming and relaxing at the lagoon pool, walks by the Marina, huge buffet breakfasts, delicious room service dinners. Ive come home feeling very happy and relaxed and I cant wait to go back for another holiday....

Room Tip: To avoid too many stairs, get a ground floor room that opens up to the gardens
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear SydneyBec,

I am just delighted that we were able to provide you with a relaxing environment to enjoy time with your family.

Thanks so much for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have stayed here a couple of times and find the location is a benefit to be away from the frenetic pace of the tourist strip of the Gold Coast but still within easy reach of the activities that you might like to use.
The rooms are large and while not as modern as some more recently built hotels the rooms are clean and adequate. The hotel offers plenty, bars, restaurants and will organise water activities or golf. The staff will as well provide advice for travels further afield on the Coast.
The hotel is sited on the Sanctuary Cove Marina and there are shops and restaurants at hand to add to your experience. There is free parking and concierge assistance.
Staying on the Coast??.... then consider the Intercontinental.

Room Tip: There are a variety of rooms in blocks that are close to the hotel, marina or river, take your choic...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear theredman01,

Thanks so much for choosing to stay with us recently and then taking the time to post such a detailed review.

We appreciate your great comments and look forward to welcoming you back again!

Kindest regards,
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've stayed at this property many Many times over the past 10 years, now that intercontinental have picked it up it's not the same. I don't want to write a lengthy detailed review but some lowlites were:
Sloppy vallet, the staff seemed surprised that I wanted the car parked and although I phoned the car up in plenty of time it wasn't there when I arrived. Getting a pullout bed in the queenslander seemed a big drama for the staff (never used to be an issue with Hyatt) . Hit the pool at 2pm on Sunday and the bar was closed, no towels available , when I hunted down a staff member he said 'yeah we're out of towels here, we've been asking for more - you'll have to get towels from your room". Rooms are very old and tired - need a good update, not good enough for the price you pay. Phoning reception they mixed up my room number with another person - offered me a special breakfast rate - then when I told them they had the wrong person they explained I don't get that offer LOL - auckward... We ordered breakfast in the room and the order was missing cutlery, preserves and was stone cold. Yuck. I could go on , the point being it used to be a luxury hotel, it's lost the magic...
It was like somebody had taken the old Hyatt team hostage and put a new crew on duty in disguise as hotel staff - acting as hotel staff as a front for some new die hard movie...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Monique H, General Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Particle2013,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I am really disappointed that your stay did not meet expectation and I would like to sincerely apologise.

I do hope that you will give us another chance. As I am sure you have read, we are regularly praised for our friendly, efficient service and I would love to have the opportunity to demonstrate that to you.

Please feel free to contact me directly next time you are planning a visit.

Monique

Been to InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort? Share your experiences!