“love” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I came for breakfast with a friend last week. Luckily we turned up at 7am, otherwise we probably wouldn't have scored ourselves a table! And i can see why this little gem is so busy! Coffee and food were great. Staff friendly and attentive.
Menu is different, i have never heard of a breakfast salad before, but maybe it is worth a try next time!
I would definitely recommend a visit to this cafe. But maybe go early to beat the rush

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Gold Coast, Australia
“Best Coffee & Fresh Muffins in Palm Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Friendly staff and great coffee. Fresh from the oven Muffins are simply delicious.
Burgers are homemade patties and tasty!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Currumbin, Australia
“best coffee hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

you dont even need my review for this. Just drive past anytime of day and see how busy they are.
Food good, but its the coffee.
Consistenty good, happy staff.
Did I say the coffee was good?

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Coffee gone downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We went to Barefoot Barista last year when we holidayed on the Gold Coast and thought the coffee was good. We went back twice this year and it was not so good - in fact once it came out luke-warm, and I asked them to remake it (which to their credit, they did without a fuss). Add to this, that we also had a coffee at MGA (My Giddy Aunt) cafe in the next street (5th Ave) which was great, it beats me why you'd go to Barefoot Barista for coffee alone.

Visited September 2013
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Excellent coffee, very expensive breakfasts, way too trendy for me.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stop quite frequently here driving down from Noosa, as the coffee is very good. This is one very expensive cafe. The breakfasts are all around the $20 mark which is even expensive compared to Noosa where I pay between $8-15 for the same fare. The place is always crowded with a mix of surfers, office workers and trendy parents with kids in designer gear. It is very 'in' and to me lacks the laid back more hippiesh relaxed vibe of cafes in the Byron Bay area. The clientele and staff take themselves far too seriously and there is a clear outsider/local divide in service and friendliness. The large coffee is the same size as a small one in Noosa, the juices are the most expensive I have ever had. Everything is good but I don't need every meal to be quite that groovy and fancy, the menu is quite Melbournish but you cannot just gets eggs on toast, so to me they lack the down to earth neighbourhood cafe vibe of my local in Noosa. How come a little side street cafe in Palm Beach is more expensive than ocean view dining in Noosa, I really don't get it. We had brekkie there today on the way back from the airport and even the cream cheese for the bagels is mixed with some sort of vanilla bean cream which wasn't mentioned on the description and wasn't a hit with us. The chairs are incredibly uncomfortable and unsteady, so I would only go again for take out coffee. Not a place to have a nice brekkie and read the paper unless you have a model size bum, but then again even my 4 year old had trouble fitting his tiny butt on those stool. The food came long before the coffee, so it was finished by the time the juices and coffees came around. Not good enough for those prices.
It's crowded, so may be I am missing something?

• Visited September 2013