“Great spot, ordinary food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Gold Coast
“Great spot, ordinary food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

There are certain expectations of a surf club, and they don't run to Michelen Starred food, but sadly PB Surf Club just misses even Surf Club standard. They try hard, and they are in one of the best locations in the world, but it is always just a little ordinary.

Visited October 2012

Melbourne, Australia
“Best service ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Only went in to buy some take away booze because the other liquor store was shut due to power outage. You need to have a membership to go in and buy bottles but they sign you up in no time and it's only $5 for a casual membership. Add this to the reasonably priced slabs of beer and you're on a winner. Didn't hang around too long but the food they were serving looked pretty swish and there are poker machines to play if you're that way inclined. BEST THING - the lovely people who work there!!!! They really help you get what you want. Lovely, lovely staff make it worth the visit.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mackenzie River,QLD
“Lovely atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

The food here is ok. Pub style meals done up a little. The staff are really lovely though and the cold beer and great views make this a worthwhile venue.

Whistler, Canada
“Great food and excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Due to horrible traffic, we didn't make our reservation in time, but the staff were flexible and happy to help. We placed out food orders and sat out on the patio. When our food arrived, I noticed my order was wrong. The server took my plate to mend the issue and returned shortly to say the item I ordered was now no longer available. I chose another dish from the menu. I expected to wait a long while to get my order, but my order was put on priority and came out in a few minutes. During the meal the manager (Joel, I believe) came out and apologized personally. He was professional and accommodating. The food was great, but I were honestly more appreciative of the service level. We left full and happy and welcomed to return.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Palm Beach
“Definitely wont be back here!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Had lunch today with a friend here. As soon as we walked in the place smelt a mixture of salty water, urine & beer. It was gross! Went upstairs to the restaurant, it was lovely & cool out on the balcony. The waitresses & bar staff were friendly. The food was atrocious. I ordered a schnitzel with Bernaise sauce chips & salad. To be fair, the chips were nice, the rest was horrible. The chicken was really dry & over cooked, and the "sauce" was whipped butter in a gravy boat. I got my friend to try it in case I was wrong but unfortunately not. It was just butter, not Bernaise sauce. Ugh. I pulled out a piece of cucumber from the salad & it was all dried out also.
I told the waitress when she came over & she was apologetic. She spoke to the chef then offered me a piece of cake. Uh, no thanks. Money back would've been better, especially since I'd eaten next to nothing.
It's such a shame as the location is awesome right on the beach. Not going back tho.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere