Just sent 7 nights in a 3rd floor 2 bedroom standard apartment with my wife and 2 kids.
The location was not all the best but it's fine if you have a car.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Did not try the restuarants so i cannot comment on them.
Gardens and pathways were all well maintained and looked after.
Car park at reception no where near big enough for when you arrive and leave.
Not all the pools were heated and on a hot day they can get a little over crowded.
The rooms seriously need an urgent upgrade. New carpets, ( the soles of my feet are still black) furniture, paint etc.
Walking up and down the stairs was a bit of a mission. Lifts of course would make it so much easier.
I didn't get the resort name of Turtle Beach Resort? Maybe a more suited name would be more appropriate. Don't think it's really a resort.
While I still cannot understand why it's rated number 1 for a family holiday resort our stay here was pleasant enough.
Does it tick all the boxes as a resort? Probably not.
Is it value for money? Yes
Would I stay again? I will think about it.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach Hotel
- Turtle Beach Hotel Mermaid Beach
- Sands Turtle Beach Hotel
- Sands Turtle Beach Mermaid
- Turtle Beach Resort Gold Coast
- Turtle Beach Resort Gold Coast/Mermaid Beach, Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Beach Resort provides premier family accommodation set in a 10 acre sub-tropical oasis, located at Mermaid Beach on Queensland’s famous Gold Coast. Truly a home away from home, the resort offers spacious one, two and three bedroom fully self contained apartments. From the moment you are welcomed in the tropical setting of our open-air reception area, you know your family is in for a new level of holiday fun. Imagine you and your family enjoying lagoons and lap pools, pool slide, floodlit tennis courts, a putt-putt course, children’s playgrounds, fitness room, arcade games rooms, a resort mini cinema and several dining options. Other facilities include 9 complimentary BBQ’s, private airport and theme park shuttle buses, a fully equipped tour desk and the Club Turtle Kids Club. Over past years, Turtle Beach Resort has won state and nationwide awards: Top 4-Star and Over Resort and Top 10 Family Resorts in Australia, Holidays with Kids; Deluxe Accommodation finalist, Tourism Australia Awards; Deluxe Accommodation winner, Tourism QLD Awards; Winner Certificate of Excellence Award 2012, Trip Advisor ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Turtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.