We stayed in a two bedroomed superior apartment on the 2nd floor, spacious but a bit outdated. Great kitchen well equipped with full oven and microwave, ideal for making your own meals.
BBQ area's are scattered around the resort although we didn't use one!
Room cleanliness was disappointing with two beer bottles full of fag ends left on the balcony from the last occupant. Why they let people smoke at a family resort baffles me! Soap only no toiletries, but everything else is provided, a single use of dishwash, coffee/tea, and laundry powder. The apartments are only serviced after 9 days of staying so it was nice to have a washing machine and drier to wash towels etc. Beware though you have to hire beach/pool towels at a cost of $5 per towel.
Our kids loved the kids pool and spent many an hour going down the slide. The resort was relatively quiet being the end of August and outside of school holidays. We didn't use the other pools.
We used the secure underground car park which was great. The surrounding grounds were well kept and tidy. We played one game of mini putt which was good fun working your way around the resort. We didn't use the tennis courts, cinema or kids club.
We had takeaways from the Woodfired Pizza restaurant which is onsite and they were delicious and great value.
Staff at reception were extremely friendly and very helpful. Overall we enjoyed our stay and felt it was good value for what we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Beach Resort provides premier family accommodation set in a 10 acre sub-tropical oasis, located at Mermaid Beach on Queensland’s famous Gold Coast. Truly a home away from home, the resort offers spacious one, two and three bedroom fully self contained apartments. From the moment you are welcomed in the tropical setting of our open-air reception area, you know your family is in for a new level of holiday fun. Imagine you and your family enjoying lagoons and lap pools, pool slide, floodlit tennis courts, a putt-putt course, children’s playgrounds, fitness room, arcade games rooms, a resort mini cinema and several dining options. Other facilities include 9 complimentary BBQ’s, private airport and theme park shuttle buses, a fully equipped tour desk and the Club Turtle Kids Club. Over past years, Turtle Beach Resort has won state and nationwide awards: Top 4-Star and Over Resort and Top 10 Family Resorts in Australia, Holidays with Kids; Deluxe Accommodation finalist, Tourism Australia Awards; Deluxe Accommodation winner, Tourism QLD Awards; Winner Certificate of Excellence Award 2012, Trip Advisor ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Turtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach Hotel Mermaid Beach
- Sands Turtle Beach Hotel
- Sands Turtle Beach Mermaid
- Turtle Beach Resort Gold Coast/Mermaid Beach, Australia