We had a 3 night stay over Easter with 4 and 6 year old kids. The facilities are pretty good for this age group. Our kids loved the pool with the water slide, the putt putt - although at $5 for kids and $7 for adults it was quite expensive. We played tennis - free if you bring balls and racquets - just need to book. We used the BBQ facilities which are good and plentiful. Handy being under cover as it poured while we were cooking. The rooms were comfortable but nothing flash which is fine as we were out of the room most of the time. There are also a couple of trampolines and a cinema showing 4 movies per day. We didn't go but this is a good rainy day option as is the games room althought plenty of coins probably required. Staff were very helpful and mostly good with information. The woodfired pizza restaurant was great - really nice pizzas and not too long to wait even though it was busy. The rainforest cafe had a small menu and we didn't eat there. ordered coffee one morning and ended up cancelling it after waiting over 10 mins. We took a bus into Surfers one day which was really easy and we could even use our Brisbane Go cards. There are also lots of restaurants within walking distance or a short drive. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Beach Resort provides premier family accommodation set in a 10 acre sub-tropical oasis, located at Mermaid Beach on Queensland’s famous Gold Coast. Truly a home away from home, the resort offers spacious one, two and three bedroom fully self contained apartments. From the moment you are welcomed in the tropical setting of our open-air reception area, you know your family is in for a new level of holiday fun. Imagine you and your family enjoying lagoons and lap pools, pool slide, floodlit tennis courts, a putt-putt course, children’s playgrounds, fitness room, arcade games rooms, a resort mini cinema and several dining options. Other facilities include 9 complimentary BBQ’s, private airport and theme park shuttle buses, a fully equipped tour desk and the Club Turtle Kids Club. Over past years, Turtle Beach Resort has won state and nationwide awards: Top 4-Star and Over Resort and Top 10 Family Resorts in Australia, Holidays with Kids; Deluxe Accommodation finalist, Tourism Australia Awards; Deluxe Accommodation winner, Tourism QLD Awards; Winner Certificate of Excellence Award 2012, Trip Advisor ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Turtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach Hotel Mermaid Beach
- Sands Turtle Beach Hotel
- Sands Turtle Beach Mermaid
- Turtle Beach Resort Gold Coast/Mermaid Beach, Australia