My family (4 adults (with my mum and dad) & 2 children aged 5 & 11) stayed for a week in a 2 Bedroom duplex apartment overlooking the waterfront early June. We had a fantastic time & a thoroughly relaxing holiday in GC and the stay at Windsurfer Resort really sealed the deal for us.
Peter & Kim, the Managers of the Windsurfer were ever so friendly and helpful but still managed to accord us the privacy we needed. Highlights of the property are as follows:-
1. The apartment was nicely decorated, modern and had clean amenities. The kitchen was sufficiently equipped and the washing machine and dryer were really handy. This was particularly important to us as we were travelling overseas and had to be economical with our packing.
2. Having the two TVs – one on each floor allowed mom & dad to have their own space upstairs while the rest of the family had our late night/evening supper downstairs after a day at the theme parks. The TV downstairs had Foxtel & DVD player connected to it.
3. The location was fantastic as it was circa 15 minutes drive to the theme parks and 5 minutes to Harbour Town. For other muslim travellers, there is a fantastic halal curry house and a grocery/fruit & vege store that sold halal cheese at Harbour town. There is also a supermarket around the corner to Windsurfers– circa 10 minutes walk and Charis Seafood is also down the road.
4. The property fronted Broadwater and I needed only to walk across the road and was already on the jogging/walking path. The view that greeted my morning jogs (as with the views from the balcony) was absolutely breathtaking.
5. Free safe & secured car park (key/gate access to the garage) with easy access to the apartment units by a lift.
6. There is a pay per use computer & printer on site which allowed you to print any online ticket purchases.
7. Wifi was not inclusive but there was an option to access the high speed wifi forAUD35 for 7 days (5GB) usage. The signal was pretty strong throughout the apartment.
I had been in touch with Kim weeks before our stay and just before our travel she had given me updates on the weather condition and tips on what to pack. While we were there she was extremely helpful in arranging a separate outing for my parents.
My congratulations to Peter & Kim for such wonderful property. We will definitely be back the next time we are in GC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 10 minutes from Surfers Paradise, yet nestled on the shores of the Broadwater in Biggera Waters Windsurfer Resort has all the Gold Coast has to offer within easy reach. Its central location means that you are just 15 minutes to any of the Coasts major tourist attractions. Seaworld to the south, Movieworld, Dreamworld and Wet n Wild to the north and just 50 minutes from Queenslands capital city, Brisbane.From the national parks and state forests to the rolling surf and beaches, there is something for everyone. A casual and relaxed lifestyle is easily achieved with the warm year round climate allowing you to laze around if you feel like doing absolutely nothing. World class attractions and entertainment provide a calendar packed with events such as the Armor All 600 Carnival, Australian Surf Life Saving Championships, to name a few. Whatever your choice, the gold coast has plenty to offer, even the most adventurous holiday maker. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Windsurfer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsurfer Resort Gold Coast/Biggera Waters