“Not much choice on menu” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Main Beach
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Modern in the mantra in this distinctively chic venue. Vie Bar + Restaurant delivers a stylish, contemporary, waterside drinking and dining experience. With stunning views that stretch over the Broadwater and Marina, Vie is setting the benchmark with its progressive, gloriously simple modern cuisine. Vie’s stylish bar features a sleek modern design with its marble and stainless steel bar area, contemporary deco furniture with coco cabana daybeds featuring on the open air deck. Located in the award-winning Palazzo Versace Hotel, Vie Bar + Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner.
Main Beach, Australia
“Not much choice on menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Vie Restaurant has always been our choice for special occasions and we have always enjoyed our dining experience. Unfortunately last week when we visited for my birthday, we were very disappointed with the menu choice. Normally I have problems choosing what I want because I love everything on the menu but this time it was the opposite. The entree choices were OK but the mains
choice was very limited and I was unable to choose what I wanted because there was nothing there that appealed to me.
All the lovely choices that they used to have as Mains like salmon, quail, pork belly, prawns etc were not there. There was nothing there at all that was 'modern'.
The service was great but sadly we will not be back there again unless the menu changes. We are locals and always recommended Vie Restaurant to everyone but this has now changed.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Memorable experience on my birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have experienced unforgettable memory at this restaurant on my birthday. It was two day's early lunch before my birthday. However, an staff named Claudio recognized our mood and gave a beautiful birthday card and a small gift. It was unexpected moments. I would like to thank them for all kinds.

• Visited June 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent Venue Especially For Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Vie has long enjoyed good reviews and justly so. It has undone various menu changes and seems to have read the ever changing market correctly. Have eaten there three times in past year and have not been disappointed. Particularly pleased about effort to locally source menu items.

No fault with service or menu choice at either dinner or lunch. Location, being outdoors on the water's edge is more enjoyable in sunshine than on overcast day or the evening, the food and service is good regardless of weather or time of day.

Some wines a bit over priced perhaps, lots of choice though. Vie is a safe choice of a restaurant to go to for that special meal or for a long leisurely lunch with friends from out of town. If the day is warm and sunny, the location combined with quality of food, drink and service is outstanding.

• Visited April 2014
Melbourne
“never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We have dinned at this restaurant many times and always enjoyed the food, service and location.

We dinned there recently and we were so disappointed, the main issue was the attitude of the restaurant manager. My wife ordered the slow cooked steak which arrived almost raw,when we raised this with the manager he told us we did not understand slow cooked steak and proceeded to blame everyone other than the chef, he eventually blamed the cow.

He wanted to argue that the steak was as it should be and when I pointed out that the table next to ours had left there meals he said" they are older people and they don't eat as much" when I asked the waiter for the bill the Manager brought the bill and smugly dropped it on the
table,

PS the waiters that served us were fantastic and the manager could learn from them.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Have now had a few meals here and each time it does not disappoint.

Lunch menu gives options to suit most tastes - I had the duck liver pate for entree & it was amazing and beef for main and this was so tender.

Sadly no room for something sweet.

Wine choices good if you only want a glass.

Views across marina & water lovely.

Will come back again - staff & service wonderful.

• Visited May 2014