“Relaxed, Good Food, Super Service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Broadbeach, Australia
“Relaxed, Good Food, Super Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Really good food and not that expensive - I had the tiger prawn and prosciutto tagliatelle (like a high class carbonara) and it was epic. It was my sons 18th and I made the restaurant aware when I booked. They looked after us really well, sparklers in the cake, and even sang happy birthday. Drinks kept well supplied without having to chase, the wait for food just right. Understated from the exterior, but has to be one of the best Italian eateries on the Coast.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wayne R, Owner at Milan Restaurant on Main, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thanks very much Peter for your lovely review and recommendation of Milan on Main. I have the best team on the coast and that goes a long way in making the experience a memorable one. It makes me and the team feel so pleased when we get such positive feedback.

An 18th birthday is such a special one and it is therefore so much more important for us to do it well. Thanks again for selecting Milan for your son's special day. Hope to see you back soon.

Brisbane, Australia
“Great place for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great place to have breakfast. Nice coffee, good menu with healthy choices and good food. I loved the Bircher muesli.
It was very busy and the service a bit slow because the restaurant was understaffed.
Lovely freshly squeezed juices!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thanks very much for your kind review and recommendation. We work hard on keeping our menu relevant and fresh and we have a strong focus throughout our menu to have lots of healthy options. I believe we succeed in making healthy taste really good.

I do apologise for the slowness in service on the day. We are known on Tedder Avenue for the high level of service we provide to our customers and we always try and create a memorable experience. I will work with my team to understand what caused the slowness on the day. I would appreciate it very much if you could advise me direct on contact@milanonmain.com.au which day you visited Milan. This will help me identify any issues on the days and work on improving the service.

Hope to see you back soon...

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Menu very good. Good kids variation too. Had duck - bit fatty so not cooked properly. Pork Belly the same. Rest of food was delicious though and wine list was varied which was good to see - even in an expensive area. Service impeccable.

Visited October 2012
Wayne R, Owner at Milan Restaurant on Main, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thanks very much for taking the time to review Milan on Main and for the very kind recommendation. We are very proud of our reputation on the coast. My team and I take our time when selecting wines for the business as it is important to make sure the food is matched by the quality of our wines.

We also try and keep the kids menu fresh and healthy, so we tend to stay away from the chicken nuggets etc. I appreciate your comments regarding the duck and pork belly and will work with the team in the kitchen to improve these dishes.

Thanks again for visiting Milan on Main and hope to see you back when you are up this way next.

Queensland, Australia
“A locals hang out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via Local Picks

Tedder Ave is a little Double Bay on the Gold Coast so if you know Sydney and Double bay you will know what we mean. Good service great food that is always consistent in quality. We like this place for both lunch, long ones and for nice casual dinners.

Thanks very much for your kind review Walter. I agree, Tedder avenue and Main Beach for me are the best spots on the Gold Coast. Milan on Main is know as the 'Locals local'. We work very hard on ensuring consistent quality of service and food, and I must say we do have the best customers.

Thanks also for supporting Milan on Main. We appreciate your business and if you ever have a less than pleasant experience at Milan please do not hesitate to contact me directly on contact@milanonmain.com.au.

Wayne Ralph
“Poor service and food poisoning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Started with very slow service, took an age even to get menus. Continued with what was clearly reheated food and ended with my wife being sick all night long with food poisoning, she had the veal.....Terrible

Wayne R, Owner at Milan Restaurant on Main, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
At this stage I believe that it is not appropriate for me to respond to the issues raised in this review as I believe it to be suspicious and potentially defamatory. I have asked TripAdvisor to remove the review from the site but at this time they are unwilling to do so.

If you are the reviewer please contact me on contact@milanonmain.com.au so that we can discuss your experience in more detail.