“Love the steak” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hog's Breath Cafe

Hog's Breath Cafe
60/60-70 Seaworld Drive-Mariner's Cove, Seaworld Drive, Main Beach, Queensland Qld 4215, Australia
(07)55916044
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 49 Restaurants in Main Beach
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Hogs Breath Cafe is home to the famous 18hr slow cooked Prime Rib steaks. We do not only great steaks, but huge ribs, massive burgers, fresh salads, and delicious desserts.
Melbourne, Australia
“Love the steak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

The 18 hour slow cooked steak just melts in your mouth, just avoid the Hickory Smoked Prime Rib, as they spoil a good steak by smothering it with thick smokey bbq sauce. The service was quick, and the decor was very relaxed and themed.

Visited July 2014
Hyadamo, General Manager at Hog's Breath Cafe, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thanks for your review.

So glad you love the steaks. After all that is what we are famous for.

Thanks for the feedback on the Hickory Prime Rib. Duly noted and adjustments have been made not to overload it.

See you again soon.
Thanks

Surfers Paradise, Australia
“AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Excellent customer service, food is DELICIOUS!! And prices are very good!! They are excellent with children, gave them crayons and colouring pictures and replaced my daughters drink after she spilt it. Was fabulous and will return!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi and thanks for your kind review.

I am so glad you and your family had such a great time.

Look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks
“Poor Service and cold meals”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Was so looking forward to going there, but what a let down. The first table we were given was right near a speak that was blaring music that loud we could talk to our other family members. After being asked to be moved the service was so poor! We had ordered drinks that took 20 minutes for us to get, after asking twice where the We were told there coming!drinks were?? The meals were cold and expensive. Such a let down for me and the rest of the family that came with us from Adelaide.

Visited August 2013
Hi,

I am so sorry for your poor experience. It is never good to hear such feedback, but it is a useful tool to help us improve. So for that I thank you.

I do hope this has not put you off Hogs Breath for ever and we see you again soon.

Thanks again for your review.
Canberra
“Good feed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We saw hogs breath on our way back from sea world and decided to head there the following day for dinner. It was much like any other hogs breath. A good feed with big portion size, however being quite pricey. They had good, quick service and friendly staff, my only complaint being our server needed deodorant, especially if they wish to sit at the customers table while we are ordering. In all the good food, good service and nice atmosphere just stay aware about price so there is no bill shock.

Mullumbimby, Australia
“Disappointing for my steak but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We spotted this hogsta on the way to seaworld, and as frequent diners had to give it a go.

We phoned to make a dinner reservation and the only time we could get a table was after 7. It is in a very popular location so to avoid disappointment do make a dinner reservation in advance.

Now onto why I was disappointed....

I ordered a light cut of the prime rib with garlic prawns, minimal sauce was served on the steak and prawns which is always a disappointment when you have to ask for more but what really let this meal down was my steak, I ordered it medium rare and the most inconsistently cooked piece of steak arrived on my plate, it varied from rare to well done, it was so awful I cut it up into pieces while my partner enjoyed his burger and sorted the cooking variants of the steak.

The waiter we had sucked we didn't see him and had to ask a girl who was clearing tables over to complain about my meal.

The manager who was on is gorgeous and takes pride in the
business, the refund and apology we received will see us returning to this place, his honesty was also appreciated to why the steak was so badly cooked.

You will be looked after at this venue if they stuff your meal up so even though I was disappointed I do recommend you give this place a go